Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Just finished my last exam and thus finished college. See sig for how I feel right now

Niiice.

What did you graduate with?

Reading these finals posts make me happy I'm out of college, but then remember I have to take my first CPA exam next month and cry.

Damn brah, good luck studying.

I don't think I'm going to make it brahs.....lmao srs.  BRB on suicide watch till age 30.  lol

Anyway, should I buy a camera or a webcam for ya'll?

Niiice.

I don't think I'm going to make it brahs.....lmao srs.  BRB on suicide watch till age 30.  lol

only if you made softcore prons and link us. wut.

jk for making lifting vids or wut?

I still have all of my finals fml all of my friends are done. rough life.

You must be naked, Brah.

In other news, I've begun my transition into not being a bitch about the (bench) press. The total tonnage of my bench workout on Tuesday was around 10,000lbs (double what I've recently been doing), did 6x3x115lbs & 3x8x85lbs for OHP today, and going to do more benching on Saturday. So, bench 2x/week and OHP heavy 1x/week, with accessory lifts in there as well. 

Feels good.

My lower back is seriously shit. whats the best thing for lower back? weighted hyperextensions?

Deadlifts with proper form, deadlift variations, Pendlay (or other barbell) rows, (hyper)extensions, good mornings, squats. Yup. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Niiice.

brah you could be the ybd of the beyond forums

do it

My lower back is seriously shit. whats the best thing for lower back? weighted hyperextensions?

Back really requires a good warm up.  I didn't do that today and still went heavy.  I'm starting to love hammer strength equipment so much.  

It's probably from pip (steroid lingo) that reached my lower back.

and wtf does ybd mean

I'm transitioning over to the mindset of IIEYM, that is, "If It exceeds your macros."

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off for him. 

In other news, got a 90% on my Intermediate Accounting I final exam. Kept dat A in the class. Aww yeah. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Back really requires a good warm up.  I didn't do that today and still went heavy.  I'm starting to love hammer strength equipment so much.  

It's probably from pip (steroid lingo) that reached my lower back.

and wtf does ybd mean

yaboydave

Feeling good this week brahs, kept to my new macros all week and hit some PRs as well.... 

6 of 225 on Bench

5 of 315 on Squats (Readjusted my grip a few weeks back and kinda started all over)

This may sound dumb but idc its a PR for me - concentration curled 45's the other day did 10 on each arm

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me, Its starting to look up! 

Be safe this weekend brahs

• Upvote (+1) 4

mirin those lifts harville, you gotta be like top 3 strongest in this thread and you're still mad humble

respect

also, video coming later today though its nothing impressive

• Upvote (+1) 2

mirin those lifts harville, you gotta be like top 3 strongest in this thread and you're still mad humble

respect

also, video coming later today though its nothing impressive

thanks brah, one of the reasons I stay so humble is bc there are guys on here like dukiduke who are like 165 and putting up the same numbers as me, and I'm 225, so I shouldn't get to carried away. plus I hate arrogance... there are WAY to many tools out there that are into the gym/lifting scene and I don't want to be another one of them, just wanna get my reps in, get stronger, and move on with life ja feel? Im not that dude that stands in the mirror for 902384 minutes and mires my own body lol I just dont like that shit

• Upvote (+1) 3

definitely agree with comparisons, i always try to compare myself to much more impressive lifters so i aspire for more

though sometimes you gotta get that ego comparison in if not just to appreciate how far you've come

• Upvote (+1) 1

thanks brah, one of the reasons I stay so humble is bc there are guys on here like dukiduke who are like 165 and putting up the same numbers as me, and I'm 225, so I shouldn't get to carried away. plus I hate arrogance... there are WAY to many tools out there that are into the gym/lifting scene and I don't want to be another one of them, just wanna get my reps in, get stronger, and move on with life ja feel? Im not that dude that stands in the mirror for 902384 minutes and mires my own body lol I just dont like that shit

Well shiiiiitee. You're a great guy. I'm actually 176, but yeah, thanks man! I really want to bench 225, and I know that I'm going to have to put on weight for that to happen.

I feel you with the humble aspect. It's something that I can be good with at times, and sometimes I suck. Goal's just to keep improving in general.

• Upvote (+1) 1

definitely agree with comparisons, i always try to compare myself to much more impressive lifters so i aspire for more

though sometimes you gotta get that ego comparison in if not just to appreciate how far you've come

your right gotta see where I was just a few months ago, and I am impressed with myself but still gotta keep trucking... gotta get to that dukiduke status  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well shiiiiitee. You're a great guy. I'm actually 176, but yeah, thanks man! I really want to bench 225, and I know that I'm going to have to put on weight for that to happen.

I feel you with the humble aspect. It's something that I can be good with at times, and sometimes I suck. Goal's just to keep improving in general.

lol I didn't know if I had the weight right, but I did/do know that you are putting up some serious weight to be 176 and your the type of guy that makes me wanna keep going and going lol good stuff man, you know a lot about this stuff too and you helped me out several times. 

Im with you on the goals, I just wanna keep improving and being better today than I was yesterday! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

bench day today, 10 reps of 130 on working set. barely got the last rep but fuck it, still making strength gains. 

back up to 1 plate next week doing 140, so i'm happy.