Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Son of a bitch. I got woken up early to lift something heavy for someone, and since I'd literally been awake for 30 seconds and not really thinking, I didn't pick it up right, and now my back hurts. Don't think it's a good idea to go to the gym today, and that really pisses me off.

You shop for your food at Target?  Is that not expensive as fuck?

First real day at my serving job today at P.F. Changs.  The raised heels on my work shoes are killing the mid point of my back.  I also work 3 doubles next week.  I thought I was going to be able to go to the gym after work also but damn am I tired.  Workouts are going to be less frequent for awhile.

All the free chicken, Mongolian beef, and sushi I WANT!!!(Well...a free meal each day I work basically).

Meet went good, but not great. Ended up with 363/198/418, for a 980 total. I won the 20-23 RAW division (by default, but shhh). Will post a more detailed write up later.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Scraped the shit out of my shin today doing deadlifts, sucks so bad lol.

I don't know if this has been asked, but where should someone start if they have never weight trained before?

I don't know if this has been asked, but where should someone start if they have never weight trained before?

Familiarize yourself with Starting Strength

I linked the program, but you should read through that whole Wiki

Military pressing this morning, being confident... I pumped out the last set and when I get to 6 I came down and starting losing the right side, thought I still could catch it so I didnt let go... rookie mistake man. My right shoulder popped and rolled and then I threw it off... shoulder went numb for a few seconds then just hurt like hell. Any help ? just ice it? I did the rest of my workout (back and shoulders) but didnt do any weights on the shoulders just went through the reps 20-30 times holding it for a few seconds. What do I do now?

what does it feel like now?

Sore really, its a sharp pain if I do certain movements but overall just sore really.

Great news, the Jittery videos will be coming in 2 months or so.  Goin to buy me a nice 150-200 dollar camcorder.

DIS GUN BE GUD. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm personally all about fitness and sports. Crossfit all the way. I eat super healthy and cook 95 percent of my own meals. Restaurant foods, fast food chains, and junk foods should be severely limited if consumed at all. And I never use a microwave. 

I admonish everyone to learn to cook. Home cooked meals are healthier, taste better, plus the ladies love a man that can cook ;)

Learn the how to lift properly. Your muscles can handle more weight than your joints and back can. Don't overdo it and work at your own pace. Never let the reps or amount of weight anyone else uses affect you. Keep positive about it and keep at it. GL

probably ice and rest would be the best course of action then. If the pain persists then consult a doctor but hopefully it is nothing major. 

Same pain today, just ran and did some ab work at the gym but didnt lift anything. Thinking about just going straight cardio for a week or maybe two just so I dont tear something. I think its just a strain/sprain. Maybe AC joint? idk....