Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Well my gyms a commercial gym, 3 plate benches are a rare and impressive thing to see. 

Especially to a beginner like me :P

mirin gains 

3 plate is impressive especially at 165lb 

hope everyone's enjoying the holidays, I have started doing BBB and it's killing me, any advice would be helpful from people with experience on the program.

Yeah so far i've seen 3 guys at my gym bench 405 .... Applauded all 3 of them lol

I was mirin them doing 405 then laid down on my bench to rep my 185...... 

had a good and bad leg day

today was my 195x1+ squat day, got 12 or 13 reps but i lost count and when i was done i got a massive headache in the back of my head. holy shit it hurt so bad.

then i went to do leg press and pr'd again for 4 plates for 10 reps even with the headache.

got more reps for my leg curls then i cut the leg raises short cause it made my pain worse.

pretty good day overall

Hopefully moving up tomorrow in bench won't be a mistake. Felt kind crappy yesterday on my 5th rep at 245, but I've been doing that for the past 3 weeks.

Geezus, how much do you weigh, mate?

just fucking do it mate.

I'm trying...I went for it on Friday but needed help to lock it out. I've hit 5x5x180 and 3x3x195. I think I just need to eat more.

It's my goal by the end of Christmas break in January.

Shoot, I still have yet to bench 225. I suck.

I've yet to rep out a plate mate, my upper body strength sucks, meanwhile I'm closing in on 3 plate dead. 

do want bench gains 

165, my main goal is 185, but that probably won't happen for awhile lol.

You have a pretty impressive bench. I would be happy to just push out 1 rep @ 245, haha.

You have a pretty impressive bench. I would be happy to just push out 1 rep @ 245, haha.

Thanks man! I can remember when I first started working out I was only benching like 95lbs haha. Now I just need to get my squat up a lot more.

Had an OK chest session.  I really need to do better.  I need a trainer or somebody to help me reach my PRs but it literally looks like nobody knows what they're doing at my gym lmao, srs.

Shoot, I still have yet to bench 225. I suck.

What do you bench? With your squat and deadlift I'd probably pin you as someone who could put up 225.  

was incline pressing the 80s yesterday and the mythical spot of no request came out of nowhere to ruin my 8th rep

i get people are trying to be helpful but damn, if i didnt ask i didnt ask!

was incline pressing the 80s yesterday and the mythical spot of no request came out of nowhere to ruin my 8th rep

dude what is up with ur avy and sig...I hate that guy and I dont even know him.

Upon further review it's most certainly his haircut

who the fuck are you and show a pic of yourself.

You guys ever feel like you have muscle imbalance? What do you do if you do feel that way? 

Maybe its just because im left handed but on arm day I swear my left bi is like 9218343 stronger than my right kinda freaks me out

Bench actually went better than I thought it would have last night.  First 3 [email protected] went decently well, but the 4th rep felt like I hit a brick wall.  Luckily I got it, but glad I had a spotter there lol .  Now I just need to see how I feel squatting 265 tonight.

Also I swear no one at my gym wants to give someone a spot, even if its for just one set.