Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Everyone, today you have one mission:

Eat like it's the last day of your life.

Good luck.

For how much I intend to eat, it likely is my last day.

over under, don't think my gym allows for chalk 

if its anything to add, I use some cheap weightlifting gloves. Guy who got me into lifting got me into using em so I never stopped.

trying lifting without them, you may get better grip.

Took the gloves off for deads, no slipping but fuark the calluses, it feels so weird to grip the barbell since ive almost always been using gloves

Thanks

Took the gloves off for deads, no slipping but fuark the calluses, it feels so weird to grip the barbell since ive almost always been using gloves

Thanks

i wear my calluses with pride brah, join me 

Been lifting for for just over 4 months now. Do want in on this thread

Got a question, My deads have been shooting up since I'm obviously still a beginner but the problem is I can feel the bar getting ready to slip. What do about grip strength?

What Jolly Green Giant said was the best advice. I bought some straps and only used them once as they made the bar feel thick. Chalk, in my opinion, is the best option.

Make sure you're also gripping the bar correctly. With deads grip from the base of your fingers with bench and squats wrap your hand around from your palms. This stops the bar slipping causing your skin to fold and callus

• Upvote (+1) 1

What Jolly Green Giant said was the best advice. I bought some straps and only used them once as they made the bar feel thick. Chalk, in my opinion, is the best option.

Not looking to use wrist straps though, I don't want to hinder my grip strength 

I'll try to see if my gym allows for chalk and do that for deads 

Dont squats develop your upper body a little bit as well. I know its primarily legs but this dude looked exactly like that meme. was scary.

Dont squats develop your upper body a little bit as well. I know its primarily legs but this dude looked exactly like that meme. was scary.

I used to be a cyclist and I can verify that it will make your legs huge, especially on a fixed geared bike, and you will actually lose muscle mass in the upper body.

Also, a lot of pro cyclists do cycles of clen, test, or the super expensive EPO to improve performance.

Just don't get caught lmao

I used to be a cyclist and I can verify that it will make your legs huge, especially on a fixed geared bike, and you will actually lose muscle mass in the upper body.

Also, a lot of pro cyclists do cycles of clen, test, or the super expensive EPO to improve performance.

Just don't get caught lmao

wait what. 

Thought I'd have a crack at benching my bodyweight (well, slightly above it) to see how many reps I could get out. I weigh 76kgs (167lbs) and managed to get out 11 reps of 80kgs (176lbs). I used to only be able to do 9 reps back when I used to weigh 82kgs (180lbs).

So basically now I weigh less and can lift more. Good times..... :)

Anyway, my goal for Xmas is to be able to lift my bodyweight OHP for 1 rep. I'm about 5kgs off atm.

Edit - ...and still a skinny fuck :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have no idea why I made leg day on the Saturday morning, after Friday night drinks. Every Saturday I feel like vomiting after my workout, vowing to never drink on Fridays again. Then Friday rolls around and I completely disregard what I said the Saturday before, haha. Maybe I just hate life..... Anyway I hope everyone is doing something nice for Xmas. Hopefully I'll be on holidays in the next 2 weeks and can drink some frozen margaritas as it is ridiculously hot here atm.

I saw some guy come up in my gym benching 3 plates like it was no ones business

was definitely mirin 

I saw some guy come up in my gym benching 3 plates like it was no ones business

was definitely mirin 

I had a friend who played football, he was about 5'9 165 and used to rep 315 like 5-6 times