Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

I'm 5'11 and started at 228 and now at 226 after 3 weeks, count calories most every day and drink lots of water. Just recently added in Green tea, CLAs and Fish oil. 

I figured that I should float around 2600-2700 a day so I normally get right around there. To maintain current weight I believe it was like 3342 or something weird like that. 

Does all that sound about right?

When you worked out your TDEE, what activity level did you put? 3342 sounds pretty high for maintenance. The thing is though, you are losing weight, so keep doing what you're doing until you plateau. Then re-adjust your diet and keep going. The thing people forget to do is re-adjust when they have lost weight, because obviously you aren't going to be eating the same amount of cals when you are 190lbs as you are when you're 220lbs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uni gyms SUCK SO MUCH DICK.  

3342 to maintain sounds low for 228, unless I'm missing something? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you worked out your TDEE, what activity level did you put? 3342 sounds pretty high for maintenance. The thing is though, you are losing weight, so keep doing what you're doing and until you plateau. Then re-adjust your diet and keep going. The thing people forget to do is re-adjust when they have lost weight, because obviously you aren't going to be eating the same amount of cals when you are 190lbs as you are when you are 220lbs.

curious, how exactly do you choose activity level? i go to the gym 4 times a week, but i pretty much sit most of the day. what would be my activity level? i might need to re-adjust my shit lol

curious, how exactly do you choose activity level? i go to the gym 4 times a week, but i pretty much sit most of the day. what would be my activity level? i might need to re-adjust my shit lol

I do the same. I put moderate.

On workout days though assuming ones in the gym for an hour do high intesnity lifting assuming u burn 500 cals does that also factor in to hitting your caloric numbers does it not? so if you had 2500 cals in the day and you burned 500 cals then you are sitting at 2000 cals and you need to eat an additional 500? so you really need to eat that much more. seems like common sense, but I thought I would ask anyways :P

Typically, the activity modifier tends to overestimate the effect of exercise. In particular, if you're on a cut, you want to put it on sedentary or lightly active, no more. 

I'm 5'11 and started at 228 and now at 226 after 3 weeks, count calories most every day and drink lots of water. Just recently added in Green tea, CLAs and Fish oil. 

I figured that I should float around 2600-2700 a day so I normally get right around there. To maintain current weight I believe it was like 3342 or something weird like that. 

Does all that sound about right?

Eh, you could probably do well to reduce your daily average by a few hundred. I'd float around 2,300 on an average daily basis if I were you. It seems as if you're using a high 

whats your reasoning for that? I understand the atleast 150g of protein per day but what about the rest

Read this. One of the main things with adequate fat intake is that it helps maintain proper hormone function. Low amounts of dietary fat will throw hormones out of whack. Healthy dietary fat intake also helps maintain your heart, tendons, joints, brain, and other things. Low fat intake has also been linked to certain mental health issues, including depression. Don't overlook it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

just put your head down and do them heavy ass weights son.

scream if you fucking have to.  just fucking do it for all us of the Iron brotherhood.

had a pretty good leg day today. 185x12 on deadlifts, almost dropped the bar in my right hand on the last rep lol. need to buy some chalk or work on my grip strength. hit another pr on the leg press for 10x365, that shit was rough. other than that, got 2 more reps on every set on my leg curls and raises.

good day today brahs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many of you guys take protein shakes to help hit macros?

i take 1 scoop of ON whey per day cause i just can't get it all from food.

I have 2 shakes a day because it's convenient as I work in an office and don't have time to prepare heaps of meals. I also bring snacks like almonds and salmon tins to eat at my desk while I work.

Oh BTW - I have pea protein (no flavour) in water......because I hate life! :P

got some sweet potatoes at the store today...any recommendations on how to prepare them?

Cut them up and put in a steamer for about 20-30 mins. Add a handful of grated cheese and half of cup of milk and mash = Sweet potato mash.

Serve with a nice ol' juicy steak. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think 99.9% of people who go to the gym do, lol.  

4 scoops of ON whey per day for me personally.  

I think 99.9% of people who go to the gym do, lol.  

4 scoops of ON whey per day for me personally.  

Didn't take any for the first year I went to the gym.

Just recently bought some, and its kinda nice getting the protein from 2 shakes a day but I'm starting to get the feeling its just making me eat less in general.

Took a day off yesterday and it was much needed.  The body was telling me to slow down.

But now today, feeling refreshed, will do 245 10x10 squats with two warmups.

I honestly can't wait.

When you worked out your TDEE, what activity level did you put? 3342 sounds pretty high for maintenance. The thing is though, you are losing weight, so keep doing what you're doing until you plateau. Then re-adjust your diet and keep going. The thing people forget to do is re-adjust when they have lost weight, because obviously you aren't going to be eating the same amount of cals when you are 190lbs as you are when you're 220lbs.

Thanks, going to readjust my mindset and cal intake lol. Thanks for the help man

Typically, the activity modifier tends to overestimate the effect of exercise. In particular, if you're on a cut, you want to put it on sedentary or lightly active, no more. 

Eh, you could probably do well to reduce your daily average by a few hundred. I'd float around 2,300 on an average daily basis if I were you. It seems as if you're using a high 

Read this. One of the main things with adequate fat intake is that it helps maintain proper hormone function. Low amounts of dietary fat will throw hormones out of whack. Healthy dietary fat intake also helps maintain your heart, tendons, joints, brain, and other things. Low fat intake has also been linked to certain mental health issues, including depression. Don't overlook it.

Sounds good to me, Ill start shooting for that. Thanks a lot man!

any of you guys seen this? Caloric deficit for gainz

I wont be doing this because Im a hardgainer but for you mesos/endos might be useful.

• Upvote (+1) 1