Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

gnUuRFn.gif

Also, no way I'm living there Beryl

I wish i could +rep you more for that gif.

Went to Mcdonalds, as I was eating I could feel my body saying "fuck you" and only ate half my other big mac. I find that cheat meals always increase my motivation so psychologically Im set for a while ahah

I've noticed that I tend to feel like shit whenever I eat fast food or certain restaurant food since I've stopped eating it so often. Only place I go to eat out at now is Chipotle. Fuckin love that place.

had a great bench session yesterday, managed to put up 231lbs for a double when i was only supposed to 1rm it

proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em4Qf4MiC9E

also im a bit disappointed because now everyone knows im not jacked but ahh well, i doubt anyone thought it anyway

the mystery is over

honestly thought you would have looked like Zyzz. am dissappoint. 

JK nice 2rm

had a great bench session yesterday, managed to put up 231lbs for a double when i was only supposed to 1rm it

proof:

also im a bit disappointed because now everyone knows im not jacked but ahh well, i doubt anyone thought it anyway

the mystery is over

Good job, dude. How much do you weigh?

the mystery is over

Thought you were benching 450 for warmup, I've never been so disappointed in my life.  

bDwBomb  

• Upvote (+1) 1

proof:

the mystery is over

Not sure how much you weigh but it looks like lb for lb you are strong as hell. Good stuff man that's a nice bench press.

so exhausted from work today

anybody wanna play H3?

I left my copy at home... :(

I have Halo 4, Battlefield 3, Halo Reach, and Modern Warfare 3?

Weighed in at 181.6 this morning. Been under 182 before (briefly), but usually float between 183-186. I'd love to get into the 170s and stay there, but my body has been very resistant to that. =/

thanks for the good feedback guys, feelsgoodman.jpg

as for weight questions, absolutely no idea! i just go by the mirror

swoll gym junkie approached me asking me how much i weigh and i told him i fluctuate between 165-168 and he was like "no shit man?...youre huge for your weight"

made me feel good on the inside  :D

• Upvote (+1) 4

went to the club today and I realized that I really hate the party scene lol. I would rather make more friends who are passionate about fitness and getting ahead in life then hanging around degenerates who go out and get "turnt" every weekend. I feel like my friends circle is mainly burn outs and partiers and I kinda wanna get away from that because It honestly gets you no where in life.

New Years res is to quit blazin and boozin' boys wish me luck. Kinda off topic but fuck it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

went to the club today and I realized that I really hate the party scene lol. I would rather make more friends who are passionate about fitness and getting ahead in life then hanging around degenerates who go out and get "turnt" every weekend. I feel like my friends circle is mainly burn outs and partiers and I kinda wanna get away from that because It honestly gets you no where in life.

New Years res is to quit blazin and boozin' boys wish me luck. Kinda off topic but fuck it.

I know that feeling, mate. I went out to see a band on the Saturday night, had waaaaay too much to drink, and payed for it the next day. Only got a few hours sleep. I still did weights, but it was painful to get through it. Was so tired I started to fall asleep on the toilet. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this kinda stuff. These days I actually enjoy waking up fresh. I don't know how I kept functioning being hungover, every weekend, for so many years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that feel when raising weight each session and it still feels like the same weight. feelsgoodmaaaaaaaaan.

setting pr's every time i go to the gym. i think im still eating at maintenance too. god i love this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know that feeling, mate. I went out to see a band on the Saturday night, had waaaaay too much to drink, and payed for it the next day. Only got a few hours sleep. I still did weights, but it was painful to get through it. Was so tired I started to fall asleep on the toilet. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this kinda stuff. These days I actually enjoy waking up fresh. I don't know how I kept functioning being hungover, every weekend, for so many years.

Im fairly young though haha. Only 21 and I still feel like the party lifestyle just isnt for me. Rather hit the gym, then come home and unwind and watch some netflix with the gf and read books and stuff like that. I used to feel like I would be exiling myself from meeting people and having fun by not wanting to go out and party but I think I know better know. 

My philosophy is now healthy mind, body and spirit brahs. Alcohol is poison and so is tobacco. Its gonna be hard for me to quit blazin though Ill probably still be doing that occassionally, and ive heard it lowers test levels so im going to make an effort at cutting back

• Upvote (+1) 2

just started bulking for winter and my 2 day split last week...I do maximum effort now and dont really have the energy to do core/abs before/after each workout, so I was thinking about doing them in the morning before work and then lifting later in the day?  Is it bad for a bulk to do to exercise twice a day?  and also I do core work every day switching off between two workouts...Is that ok to still do even when bulking?

Balance is key. You can't just sit home all your life. You need to have some fun and go out once in a while. But yes, I too sometimes feel like you. 

Lost a lot of close friends because of the party life. I just thought it wasn't best for me and my fitness goals and strayed away from it and ironically my "friends" were so caught up in it they didnt even care. I'm talking about people i grew up with since 2nd grade and all through college and now i can't remember the last time i've hung out or spoke to these people outside of school.

Balance is key. You can't just sit home all your life. You need to have some fun and go out once in a while. But yes, I too sometimes feel like you. 

agreed.