Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

I did 315x3 squats today but had a lot of volume before and after it.  Ass to grass and barefoot.  

I do two warmup sets of 20 reps at 135 and 185.  Then 10 reps for 225 and then 10 for 275.  Then 3 for 315 (haven't done that since I was 19, srs...will shoot for 6 reps next week).  Then back down and etc.

FML i was supposed to have an arm workout tonight but i stopped myself from going to watch the Texans hoping they could turn it around and win this divisional game. We choked so hard this season is done for us.

This is basically what I am doing. How much are you lifting? I just switched to incline from OHP.

Bench 242 x 5

Squat 255 x 5 (had been way higher but lowered it due to OSD)

Deadlift 385 x 5

Incline 215 x 5

Rows 200 x 5

Dips +60 3 x 8

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bench 242 x 5

Deadlift 385 x 5

Incline 215 x 5

Rows 200 x 5

Dips +60 3 x 8

Nice bench. Yea I have long arms so I'm nowhere near that

5'10 160ish

Squat - 285 x5

Bench- 190 x 5

Deadlift- 335 x 3 (I was at around 355, but I really cant do my heavy set of deadlifts for 5 reps)

Incline - Just started at 135

Rows -  180 x 5

Bench 242 x 5

Deadlift 385 x 5

Incline 215 x 5

Rows 200 x 5

Dips +60 3 x 8

If it wasn't for that squat, you'd blow my total out of the water. You been bulking on Madcow this whole time?

mirin everyones lifts

thats a monster squat duke, and a monster bench hunter. solid squat too destroyaaa

bet my 1 arm bench curls blow you all out the water though 

mirin everyones lifts

thats a monster squat duke, and a monster bench hunter. solid squat too destroyaaa

bet my 1 arm bench curls blow you all out the water though 

yeah I kind of got the hang of squatting, but my deadlift sucks now. I used to like deadlifts and now I hate them lol

Thanks guys

Duke, yer I have been maintaining weight for the past few months and increasing my lifts now started bulking. Would have been bulking the whole time but I had that intense summer job remember.

I really want to squat like I used to was repping 300+ no problem :( when my knee gets fixed I will feel pretty invincible

gun do chest tonight.

everyone should do pause bench press.  pause at bottom and boom rise to the top again and go back down slow....stop.....then BOOM

great way to build strong chests

• Upvote (+1) 2

gun do chest tonight.

everyone should do pause bench press. pause at bottom and boom rise to the top again and go back down slow....stop.....then BOOM

great way to build strong chests

Also mandatory if you ever want to compete.

Totally agree though - it makes your stronger.

• Upvote (+1) 2

question,

ive added curls to my workout to try and build my small ass biceps, what would be better for growth; using the ez bar, db curls, or whatever else is out there? i currently use the ez bar standing up and go in a slow, controlled motion and limit as much movement of my upper arm and body as possible. 

also, i know people say squeeze when you are curling, but are you supposed to squeeze throughout the whole motion or just at the top?

question,

ive added curls to my workout to try and build my small ass biceps, what would be better for growth; using the ez bar, db curls, or whatever else is out there? i currently use the ez bar standing up and go in a slow, controlled motion and limit as much movement of my upper arm and body as possible. 

also, i know people say squeeze when you are curling, but are you supposed to squeeze throughout the whole motion or just at the top?

Squeeze your bicep at the top but also squeeze your grip. Variety is obviously the best for growth, also try alternating between heavy and light days. 

As long as you aren't using momentum to get the weight up, and you have slow controlled good form IMO db curls and ez bar curls are equal to each other. also when you are lowering the weight, lower the weight so that there is still tension on the muscle so don't straighten your elbow. I had terrible genetics for Bis and mine are pretty shapely now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

question,

Why don't you alternate every couple of weeks. See what works for you. I found that hammer curls really hit my bi's at the top, and gave my forearms a really good workout at the same time, while taking a lot of stress off my elbows. Also maybe check out preacher and concentration curls as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sounds good, thanks guys. 

I see so many people using momentum from their body or swinging their arms like crazy when they are doing curls and I'm just like..... cmon..

Another question, what should I be doing to hit both heads of the bicep? or do those different curl lifts get the job done?

had a date after the gym, looked swole but probably won't hear from her again.  it went great (cause of one beer, she ordered first so I had to get one anyway....dem gains down da drain -__- )

she was 5'0, redhead, 30 years old, and petite.  Hot as fuck too.  Would smash.

:(

she said she would like to meet for lunch tomorrow but after the date i sent this text:

"it was great to see you and i had a great time.  Hopefully i'll see you again :)"

Then she replied:

"Yes, it was nice :)"

WTF DOES THIS MEAN BRAHS?  

FUCK

For evidence:

sarah_zpsed8e78ec.jpeg

• Upvote (+1) 1

had a date after the gym, looked swole but probably won't hear from her again.  it went great (cause of one beer, she ordered first so I had to get one anyway....dem gains down da drain -__- )

she was 5'0, redhead, 30 years old, and petite.  Hot as fuck too.  Would smash.

:(

she said she would like to meet for lunch tomorrow but after the date i sent this text:

"it was great to see you and i had a great time.  Hopefully i'll see you again :)"

Then she replied:

"Yes, it was nice :)"

WTF DOES THIS MEAN BRAHS?  

1. Chill the fuck out. 

2. You had one beer...I get that was probably sarcasm, but still, chill the fuck out. Don't let your dedication to fitness destroy your life.

3. You're over-thinking her TEXT MESSAGE. I thought it was nice on her part.

4. Good work and good luck!

• Upvote (+1) 2

whatever man, i just don't have time for games....i hate when people lead you on without giving you anything solid....i might as well go gay lmao...jk kinda joking....seriously jk

whatever man.  anyway, ordered some goodies if ya'll know what i'm sayin.....should be coming in tomorrow or wed....

and i overanalyze the shit out of everything when it comes to social situations man but tonight i just let it flow and had an amazing time

we talked about lord of the rings, video games (she games! fucking awesome),and other fun stuff

anyway, i fucked up my back yesterday brahs....so bad i could barely move last night in bed

Any of you guys take BCAA pills? I just got some for free from a friend i know but honestly i was kinda scared to swallow them because of the plastic feel of them. If anyone does am i supposed to just open the capsule and pour it in my protien shake or do i just swallow the pill whole with it?

bcaa's in powder form are better but pill form works too.  i highly recommend glutamine but thats abundant in your protein powder already.  

bcaa's are good during your workout to keep the energy going too.

Games?

Your response should be "So tomorrow we're doing lunch at X place at X time"

You'll be fine.

Also one beer isn't going to ruin your gains.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah i've heard the importance of them, i was just wondering if im supposed to open the capsules and pour the powder in or if i should just swallow the pills with my shake?

Yeah i've heard the importance of them, i was just wondering if im supposed to open the capsules and pour the powder in or if i should just swallow the pills with my shake?

either or is fine

• Upvote (+1) 1