Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

I send it to youtube from my phone and it gets right to the end and just stops and says "rendering not possible" or something like that.... im googling to see what else I can do

Do it through your computer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I workout at minimum 4 days a week and most of the time its 5 days. I have a calorie counter i am using and I try to stay around 2500 calories. Is that to low for what I am doing? I switched up programs bc I have a buddy I have started working out with and we found a 'shortcut to shred' workout on bodybuilding.com that we both liked. But do you think 2500 is to low of a calorie goal? Obviously I am trying to cut some weight while adding muscle.

I MUST know who this is. I would do unspeakable horrible things to her. SWEET JESUS.

Her name is Nicole Mejia. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@dukiduke Whats your opinion on working out before a heavy partying/little sleeping weekend?

Read this for a more scientific explanation. If you feel up for it, go ahead. I've had great workouts on the days after big nights of drinking.

Read this for a more scientific explanation. If you feel up for it, go ahead. I've had great workouts on the days after big nights of drinking.

Makes sense. However, I was more concerned with partying AFTER working out. Meaning not getting proper recovery.

Makes sense. However, I was more concerned with partying AFTER working out. Meaning not getting proper recovery.

That's up to you. I've never noticed a direct negative effect from it. But that article does recommend not lifting on days when you drink heavily.

That's up to you. I've never noticed a direct negative effect from it. But that article does recommend not lifting on days when you drink heavily.

I just feel like tearing up my muscles and then not getting the proper recovery makes it worse

Lol "shortcut to shred."

Because shortcuts always work.

God forbid you have to put in some hard work.

lol your an asshole, anytime I ask for advice you give some shit response but the second I say something negative you jump all over it, thats just the name of the workout its not like we are taking literal shortcuts

So I workout at minimum 4 days a week and most of the time its 5 days. I have a calorie counter i am using and I try to stay around 2500 calories. Is that to low for what I am doing? I switched up programs bc I have a buddy I have started working out with and we found a 'shortcut to shred' workout on bodybuilding.com that we both liked. But do you think 2500 is to low of a calorie goal? Obviously I am trying to cut some weight while adding muscle.

your calorie goal depends on your body and activity level. someone who sits all day isn't going to need as many calories as someone who is up and around all day. amount of muscle mass makes a difference compared to some auschwitz looking person vs a big dude. 2500 calories may or may not be low for you, as to me that's a lot since my maintenance is ~1900.

as far as im aware, cutting weight while adding muscle really only works for people who never lifted a weight in their life. so you'd probably have to go with choosing one or the other.

find out how many calories you need to maintain your weight and add or take away ~200-500 calories depending on your goal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

your calorie goal depends on your body and activity level. someone who sits all day isn't going to need as many calories as someone who is up and around all day. amount of muscle mass makes a difference compared to some auschwitz looking person vs a big dude. 2500 calories may or may not be low for you, as to me that's a lot since my maintenance is ~1900.

as far as im aware, cutting weight while adding muscle really only works for people who never lifted a weight in their life. so you'd probably have to go with choosing one or the other.

find out how many calories you need to maintain your weight and add or take away ~200-500 calories depending on your goal.

Thanks! I am trying to cut weight first, then once I get to the weight I want then add it back on with Muscle. Im about 20-25 pounds over where I want to be so I will need to cut first then once I feel I am at a good point then put muscle on if that makes sense. Thanks for the help.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just feel like tearing up my muscles and then not getting the proper recovery makes it worse

Then don't train. Have a fun weekend of gluttony and kill it in the gym next week.

lol your an asshole, anytime I ask for advice you give some shit response but the second I say something negative you jump all over it, thats just the name of the workout its not like we are taking literal shortcuts

I'm only laughing at the name, man. That's it. It just makes the program sound lame.

Like whoever said it earlier, once your somewhat trained, it gets very hard to lose fat while gaining muscle. Choose which one you want the most, do it first, then switch.

Thanks! I am trying to cut weight first, then once I get to the weight I want then add it back on with Muscle. Im about 20-25 pounds over where I want to be so I will need to cut first then once I feel I am at a good point then put muscle on if that makes sense. Thanks for the help.

How much do you weigh, Harville? How much lifting experience do you have? Not trying to have a go at you, but it might be more beneficial for you to start with a strength based program. 

Brahs what's the difference between hard and soft muscle. Is it directly related with body fat percentage? For example my arms have gotten substantially bigger and they are defined and vascular but still look "soft" as opposed to someone wih the same size arms but the muscle looks more dense. Genetics? Bf %? Someone enlighten me

LMAO who wouldn't laugh at a "shortcut to shred" program from bodybuilding.com?

If you want to make serious progress you need to get your diet in check and stick to a legitimate program that is at the same experience level you are currently at. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Brahs what's the difference between hard and soft muscle. Is it directly related with body fat percentage? For example my arms have gotten substantially bigger and they are defined and vascular but still look "soft" as opposed to someone wih the same size arms but the muscle looks more dense. Genetics? Bf %? Someone enlighten me

I think what you are referring to would have to do with BF%. Also, I think fluid retention would have an effect on how "hard or soft" you appear. 

noticed that im getting stronger in my leg curls and tricep pushdown. feelsgoodman.

added preacher curls to my routine, hope to see some sickening bicep growth.

I think what you are referring to would have to do with BF%. Also, I think fluid retention would have an effect on how "hard or soft" you appear. 

forgot about fluid retention but I drink a phukload of water so idk. Look soft. I have put on some phat in the last couple months. Just started my cut though with intermittent fasting and iifym but I did shoot up to maybe 13-14% bf so thats probably why. thanks.

Muscle is muscle. Fat is fat. There's no such thing as hard or soft muscle. "Soft muscle" is probably just have fat over the muscle that makes it look soft.

I'm only laughing at the name, man. That's it. It just makes the program sound lame.

Like whoever said it earlier, once your somewhat trained, it gets very hard to lose fat while gaining muscle. Choose which one you want the most, do it first, then switch.

yeah I didn't explain it well earlier in my post, but I want to lose fat first then once I am at my desired goal then put on muscle. I don't want to try and do both at the same time.

How much do you weigh, Harville? How much lifting experience do you have? Not trying to have a go at you, but it might be more beneficial for you to start with a strength based program. 

I am about 220 5'11. I want to be at or around 200 is my goal. I would say I have a decent amount of experience, I have been lifting (not consistently enough) since I was a freshman in college. I just graduated last May. I would lift sparingly during soccer season (i played soccer in college) and lift consistently during the offseason. I am trying to cut weight, keep my diet in check and then once I am at my desired goal see what i can do to put muscle back on. I dont think im experienced enough at all to cut weight and add muscle at the same time.

How was everyone's Halloween? Costumes? 

I personally wore gray shoes, black socks, dark blue-grayish jeans, gray shirt, black tie, and taped a few of those paint sample strips (with gray samples) to the shirt. 50 shades of gray!

I have found madcow to be great for upper body having added a great deal of weight to my bench.

Really? Mine went nowhere. How exactly did you program it?

• Upvote (+1) 1