Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Thought that might be it but  yea lat pulldowns are the obvious choice then..

I dont want to sound like a prick but I have not seen a single person in my gym that had "huge" legs without doing dedicated leg training.

Also why the hell would you start with 275? Unless you are gifted and/or have a good coach you should start off with something thats intentionally VERY low.

Thats how you build correct technique - by doing reps in a weight range where you have the weight under control.

I'm helping one of my friends train and his squatting sucked ass in the beginning and he wanted to quit because it was hard and it hurt.

About a month later he added 30 lbs to his squat and it looks pretty damn good for someone who had done it for only one month. And the pain was completly gone too.

Btw: Ronnie Coleman squatted 800 for a double.

Do you want to do what Ronnie Coleman did or do you want to hack squat instead?

This isn't my first rodeo, ive squatted numerous times before and was repping around 350 last summer. Just took a few months off. I warmed up with 225 with ease, but the 275 was pretty intense on my back, may have been bar position may have been that im just a bitch but ill give it a go again soon

He also might have the bar too high.

There's a high bar squat and a low bar squat position. But yes, misplacing either of them will be uncomfortable.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There's a high bar squat and a low bar squat position. But yes, misplacing either of them will be uncomfortable.

I squatted high bar for a while. I have mild scoliosis so it really hurt once I put some weight on it. Low bar saved my life, but it took a while to get the form down

This isn't my first rodeo, ive squatted numerous times before and was repping around 350 last summer. Just took a few months off. I warmed up with 225 with ease, but the 275 was pretty intense on my back, may have been bar position may have been that im just a bitch but ill give it a go again soon

So if you were able to squat that much before fine then you should probably fix your form

So if you were able to squat that much before fine then you should probably fix your form

Yeah thats a good point. Back then I was doing it with a good friend and he had this thing we would wrap around our necks and it never hurt then. Maybe I should invest in something like that.... or just quit being a baby about it lol.

It's amazing how different the crowds are that go to my gym depending on the time.

I usually go in the morning and 80% of the people are jacked and strong and the rest atleast looks like they are working out with motivation. ( Excluding the guy who I only see doing calf raises who lifts his shirt to flex his mediocre 4 pack inbetween sets.)

Recently I went at 5 pm and EVERY squat rack is taken by people doing SHRUGS. And they arent even shrugging more than I squat and my squat is absolute shit. I think I've seen about twice as many people using the squat rack for curls and shrugs as people actually squatting.

I finally get a rack and then  I see a crew of normal looking dudes do 90 pound deadlifts with a belt. Not that anything is wrong with using a belt OR low weight but if you think you actually NEED a belt for NINETY POUNDS your will is going to break a million years before your spine does.

I feel next time I come im going to see someone curl in the squat rack with a belt and wrist straps <_<

Sorry for the rant but I just had to get that out lol.

BrahBrah for worst troll ever.

Yeah thats a good point. Back then I was doing it with a good friend and he had this thing we would wrap around our necks and it never hurt then. Maybe I should invest in something like that.... or just quit being a baby about it lol.

Any sort of pad or cushion between your back and the bar will make the bar bigger and affect power transfer. Just gotta man up. Pain is temporary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

no pain no gain :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legit just hung out with brahbrah irl :)

quick post

legit just spent the last 3 hours mirin' hunters facial aesthetics

(and sister)

• Upvote (+1) 3

think i strained my rear rotator cuff on my right shoulder.  fml.

working out is the best part of my day and when i have to rest and don't really have nothing else to look forward to, fml.  

what am i going to do now?  play video games?  lol eff that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ran a few miles today in 38° F weather. Definitely more sore than usual. Sort of new to winter running.