Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Thanks for the thoughtful replies brahs.  It's nice knowing some of you know what I'm going through.  

Solarity, I haven't shopped for clothes for years and I am literally the most unfashionable person ever lol.  I don't own any jeans (can't any that fit that look 'good' otherwise my balls start having breathing problems haha).

I also hope my financial goals improve in the long term.  Been thinking about getting my CDL license and drive massive trucks.  They is always a need for those guys.  I'd rather be in a office though.  Driving is numbing to a point.

Anyway, thanks again for helping me through.  I never talk to anyone about this stuff.  I know I'm not the only one.  

Its all about the confidence man. Things will pick up, they always do. Life is crazy like that sometimes. There are always ups and downs, but my Dad always taught me to never get to high and never get to low. You will have great moments in your life that you look back on and are proud of, and you will have moments you look back on and it hurts to look at. It happens to everyone. The best thing you can do is to pick yourself up and keep going. We are all here for your bud, and you post in the only two threads I check on this site, Soccer (futbol) and weight lifting. Those are two VERY popular subjects you can bring up in conversation with almost anyone. Just go out there and have some fun and be willing to take risks. 

As far as your disability goes, people like you inspire other people. You may not know it, but people that have disabilities, whether they have a big effect or little effect on your life they can have a huge effect on other peoples lives. I learned more than I ever could have from a good buddy in high school that had/has cystic fibrosis (sp?) My girlfriend had cancer when she was in 6th grade and has a stomach disease that caused her to change her lifestyle. You inspire someone somewhere trust me. I am inspired by lots of people that have disabilities but still fight the odds anyways.

Things will pick up. I promise

/End

• Upvote (+1) 1

......ok well uhhhh sorry to break the sentimental moment ..

most of you seem pretty knowledgable about lifting. I was wondering what were the dentrimental effects of eating before you go to sleep, say 2-3 hours before. I know the obvious ones that your digestive system works slower when you sleep so the food is just sitting in your stomach and stored as fat. ALso how effective do you think casein is? and if i am hungry before i go to bed , what small snacks are good to eat to satisfy the hunger. I usually have a greek yogurt, but i feel thats too muchj in cabrs before bed

Uhhhh....broscience. Eat whenever you feel like it. Have carbs at night. Your body just doesn't stop working when you're asleep. Casein is a type of protein - that's how I feel about it.

Anecdotal- I often have 1000 or so cals, and on workout days 100g+ carbs, at 9 or 10 at night. Probably ~10% BF

• Upvote (+1) 2

Plus being short

Brah I'm a manlet too. 5'7" to be exact, and idgaf. Come join me in the not giving a fuck department, it's great here.

And when it comes to chicks or anybody in general, if they say anything about your height, then those kunts aren't worth your time in the first place. Move on to the better people out there.

Besides, you are shredded as fuck (I assume from your avi on thc). Height should be the last thing on your mind cause you already look damn good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah, i'm not shredded.  more like 15%bf and a long way to go.  A part me of just doesn't care about cutting/shredding but just putting on mass.

btw, have any of you guys drank the new monster muscle drink?  SOOOO FUCKING GOOD

WTF the test i just took was kinda easy, only 14 questions...lol barely studied....

nonetheless, i don't want to get into tax accounting....eff that

dawg you need to take the other type of test

also, 6'4 master race reporting in

Too tall, sorry manmore.  

How's the weather up there stretch :)

Jit man I hope you're ok dude try not to get down on yourself because you do have a lot to offer a girl. You're a good looking guy with hobbies and interests and a steady job. You know when it does happen as well you'll make a girl very happy.

Message me on FB man if you're ever feeling low.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who the heck is brahbrah and I demand a thorough history of this new fella, what do you say guys?

Anyway, had a great back workout.  Hope everyone's training is going well.  Eat lots of eggs!

I always end up hitting chest no matter what day it is. Even if it's a leg day I'll go on te pec deck or chest press at least once. I have some serious ADD in the gym. With that being said had a cheeky 2 hour gym sesh today and now I'm exhausted. Need rest/gains

• Upvote (+1) 2

I always end up hitting chest no matter what day it is. Even if it's a leg day I'll go on te pec deck or chest press at least once. I have some serious ADD in the gym. With that being said had a cheeky 2 hour gym sesh today and now I'm exhausted. Need rest/gains

gains shall be had.

Who the heck is brahbrah and I demand a thorough history of this new fella, what do you say guys?

Anyway, had a great back workout.  Hope everyone's training is going well.  Eat lots of eggs!

BrahBrah = Jstar 

:O

no clue who the fuck jstar is

just as this groups butthole is getting tight, some asshole comes in and wants to stretch it out.....

lmao

lol that's a pretty weird habit 

also the username BrahBrah is goat tier

haha its amazing. good steal.

okay brahs. Looking to tighten my diet up completely. sick of eating clean one day then not another day. I train hard and i want to reap all the benefits of it by supplementing myself and fueling my body right.

I want to lose some fat (12% down to 8/9%) whilst mantaining my gains. I need roughly 1800 calories for maintenance.

What should my meal split look like and what foods. (Im gonna premake my meals and tupperware them) 

Im also gonna start taking PWO again and might cycle between that and coffee as well as drinking a protein shake post workout. (btw should I be drinking a protein shake after cardio?)

gonna be doing 1 day lifting next day cardio and running on that cycle. If any of you guys can give me some ideas i'd love you long time.

haha its amazing. good steal.

okay brahs. Looking to tighten my diet up completely. sick of eating clean one day then not another day. I train hard and i want to reap all the benefits of it by supplementing myself and fueling my body right.

I want to lose some fat (12% down to 8/9%) whilst mantaining my gains. I need roughly 1800 calories for maintenance.

What should my meal split look like and what foods. (Im gonna premake my meals and tupperware them) 

Im also gonna start taking PWO again and might cycle between that and coffee as well as drinking a protein shake post workout. (btw should I be drinking a protein shake after cardio?)

gonna be doing 1 day lifting next day cardio and running on that cycle. If any of you guys can give me some ideas i'd love you long time.

First of all are you really sure you are at around 12% already? Almost everybody underestimates their bodyfat, especially if you rely on caliper readings/ body fat measurement devices you would see in a gym.

Just for lulz I hopped on one of those in my gym and it seriously tried to tell me I was at 8.2% and then 8.8% a few days later, when in reality im probably much closer to 13-15% (abs visible but only full six pack while flexing)

The good news is that the higher actual bodyfat is the easier it is to cut.

If you want to cut down you should increase your protein intake slightly as this helps with satiety. Protein also burns more calories when being digested.

Also make sure to not drop too low on the fats (especially not lower than 0.25g per lb) as this can lead to hormonal issues ( shouldnt be problem if you dont cut for too long but better safe than sorry).

Some people can get away with eating tons of carbs while cutting and some cant, you are going to have to find that out yourself.

Aslong as you keep those principals you can roll a IIFYM approach which will help you from going crazy.

You are planning to do cardio every TWO days? Unless you know personally that you cant go with any less that is WAAY too much.

Cardio shouldnt even be necessary to cut unless you are trying to get under 8% bodyfat. General rule of thumb would be " do the least amount of cardio you still are dropping weight with". If your diet is shit no amount of cardio will fix it.

If you aim for a modest goal of 1 lb (this would be 1 pound of fat per week at a deficit of 500 calories/day) per week and focus on the mirror more than on scale weight you will should not lose any significant amount of muscle.

You need to be sure you are in a deficit, but the larger that deficit is the more your performance is going to suffer and the higher the chance is you will also lose muscle.

Do not change your workout for cutting if you can, (maybe drop some volume if you have to) but be sure to keep lifting heavy.

Also monitor your strength during your cutting phase - if you are drasticly losing strength you are probably losing muscle along with the fat. Some strength loss is normal because being fatter helps you lift more weight on most excercises, but you should be able to tell the difference.

TLDR:

1.Stay in a modest deficit with adaquate macros and enough calories.

2.Keep lifting with high intensity.

3.???

4.Profit

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nabster hit it pretty squarely on the head. Only thing I'd add is that working out every day on a cut is a terrible idea. You won't have enough calories to recover on a day to day basis, you'll lose muscle, and eventually burn yourself out, crashing and burning.

With my cut last spring, I lifted 3x/week and did HIIT sprints maybe once a week on a rest day. Keep the volume relatively low, the intensity higher, and the workouts quick and efficient.

Edits: My college gym is putting in a lifting platform with bumper plates. YES.

Also, hearing my roommate talk about protein powders....smh