Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

And Harville congrats on the marriage!   B)

Thanks!!

And I envy all you kids that are trying to put on weight. I wish I could give you some of mine lol. When I played soccer I never had a care in the world, was just the right size for my position and never really watched what I ate. Now that I dont play competitively anymore I find it very hard to watch what Im eating. I have an app where I track my calories each day, and try to go below whatever someone recommended on a previous page. I think my calorie thing was like 3500 and take off a certain percentage was like 2700 so I just set my calorie intake each day at 2500. I meet it most days, and have been losing a little bit of weight, but I think once I get consistent gains in I will be alright. 

My problem lately has been keeping weight off, when I played soccer I was 5'11 185-190, but that was over a year ago. Now im pushing 220 maybe 215. I wanna cut back down to maybe 185 or so by next year. Any suggestions? I watch what I eat mostly but sometimes I have a blow out day lol. I feel like on my off days of starting strength im gonna do some good cardio work so I have a decent balance but idk.

I think it would be SOOO much easier for me to put on weight than shed it lol, but my good buddy tried for years to put on weight for soccer and he never could so I guess its easier for me with my metabolism genetics etc. I just gotta keep an eye on my intake 

RES05 - where the hell have you been?

I abandoned all of you once I gained access to the same forums Blitz did.   :ph34r:

(Not really)

I abandoned all of you once I gained access to the same forums Blitz did. :ph34r:

(Not really)

For real? He would rave about that place...

got some of dem compression sleeves for my arms and calves. probably a worthless purchase but my arms n calves are nice and toasty :)

For real? He would rave about that place...

He would just tell us (his less cool, less awesome, loser forum posters) how cool his new friends were, and then he left! Son of a bitch.  

He would just tell us (his less cool, less awesome, loser forum posters) how cool his new friends were, and then he left! Son of a bitch.  

Yeah no kidding. I PM'd him on Facebook awhile back, and he pretty much said he doesn't really feel the need/desire to hang around these parts. Also said that weight lifting isn't that big of a thing for him anymore (at that time). It's been so long since he's been around I don't really miss him anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

dat feel when you have a decent shoulder workout surrounded by two hotties with a guy, whom could be any of their bf's, and you don't even bat an eye at one of the girls.

Foreveralone.jpg

At least golds gym is open 24/7 now.  hnngggg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I really have to curve my Friday night drinking as it's getting hard to get through my Saturday morning legs routine. Closest I've came to vomiting since I started working out. 

I haven't drank in 2 months I think Beryl.  I did a little craft beer thing but that's just a fad and I really don't drink at all.  Was bored but now the motivation is creeping back slowly.

Dem gains.

Good for you, Jits. I wish I had that kind of control. In saying that though, I don't normally drink that much. Just a couple of beers after work. Good way for me to unwind. Anyway, legs done. Having beers and steaks down at my local. Good times!

B6812211-2EE6-4F36-B6FC-7A18B2E6F26B-201

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ate at a Hawaiann restaurant and proceeded to get food poisening a couple hours later in the wee hours of the night.  Threw up a couple of times.

Any tips on how to recover from this?  My gains, MY GAINS, MY GAINS!?!?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ate at a Hawaiann restaurant and proceeded to get food poisening a couple hours later in the wee hours of the night. Threw up a couple of times.

Any tips on how to recover from this? My gains, MY GAINS, MY GAINS!?!?!

Eat more food.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eat more food.

this

Absolute worst case you'll lose what 10 pounds? Not like all of that is going to be muscle anyway, so aslong as you let yourself recover its not going to matter in long run at all.

this

Absolute worst case you'll lose what 10 pounds? Not like all of that is going to be muscle anyway, so aslong as you let yourself recover its not going to matter in long run at all.

Jesus. 10 pounds? He got food poisoning and threw up a couple times. He's not going to lose 10 pounds...

Continue life as normal, Jittery. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus. 10 pounds? He got food poisoning and threw up a couple times. He's not going to lose 10 pounds...

You'd be surprised, dude. Depending on the severity, you can lose like 15 pounds (a lot of it water). It'll all come back quick, but your body goes into major purge mode.

You'd be surprised, dude. Depending on the severity, you can lose like 15 pounds (a lot of it water). It'll all come back quick, but your body goes into major purge mode.

Huh, interesting. But my point still stands. Just eat as normal, and your body will recover.

Jesus Christ buying clothes is practically impossible now especially if you want to look formal

I probably have a 32" waist, but the last pair of jeans I bought was a 36" because my ass/thighs wouldn't fit....

Online researching has indicated to eat only certain foods (BART diet) cause you will end up throwing the stuff back up.

Drinking water right now is ROUGH.  That's how sore my throat is.  

Online researching has indicated to eat only certain foods (BART diet) cause you will end up throwing the stuff back up.

Drinking water right now is ROUGH. That's how sore my throat is.

Well, yeah sorry, I should've made it clear that you don't do it immediately. You need to give your body time to recover. Stick to small amounts of water for the time being.

dat feel when you have a decent shoulder workout surrounded by two hotties with a guy, whom could be any of their bf's, and you don't even bat an eye at one of the girls.

Foreveralone.jpg

At least golds gym is open 24/7 now.  hnngggg

You are the perfect example of a miscer.  

Man I really have to curve my Friday night drinking as it's getting hard to get through my Saturday morning legs routine. Closest I've came to vomiting since I started working out. 

That's just a bad idea LOL.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I probably have a 32" waist, but the last pair of jeans I bought was a 36" because my ass/thighs wouldn't fit....

Same here man 32 waist and 36 jeans. My problem today was getting a nice shirt that would fit my neck chest and back but wouldn't be huge on my waist. 17" neck 43 inch chest and 32" waist doesn't mix. Also why do shirt makers assume that a larger shirt needs to be longer? By the time I was at my size it was basically a lab coat

Fuuuuu

Same here man 32 waist and 36 jeans. My problem today was getting a nice shirt that would fit my neck chest and back but wouldn't be huge on my waist. 17" neck 43 inch chest and 32" waist doesn't mix. Also why do shirt makers assume that a larger shirt needs to be longer? By the time I was at my size it was basically a lab coat

Fuuuuu

Obviously the solution to this problem is to stop lifting.  

Duh.