Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

same but reverse

i felt so much better eating worse and playing games all day

now I'm just a miserable pile of soreness and pain, need more sleep, etc

I escaped that. My workouts now are much more flexible and I don't feel like im attached to the gym. I've really enjoyed it and I am still lifting 3-4 times a week and doing cardio once a week. 

ill never know that feel again

Less than a year ago I was squatting 325 1x5 and now I'm skipping my cardio today to chill by the pool. Just let urself go brah

Less than a year ago I was squatting 325 1x5 and now I'm skipping my cardio today to chill by the pool. Just let urself go brah

cant bud got too many goals :<  training with world champions, no room to slack off.  probably 10-15 hard training sessions per week for the next 5-10 years unless something major happens

Anyone have any tips on working a muscle inbalance? My left arm, mainly my Bicep, is pretty weak compared to my right arm. It's affecting form on some things.

And no, I use my left arm for fapping, not my right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone have any tips on working a muscle inbalance? My left arm, mainly my Bicep, is pretty weak compared to my right arm. It's affecting form on some things.

And no, I use my left arm for fapping, not my right.

This is one of my main focuses right now in the weight room, 1-limb variants every single day, period.  Follow the pace set by your weaker limb.  And don't neglect 1 legged work either.  Most people are even more imbalanced with their hips/legs than arms even.  It's ESPECIALLY important for people doing sports because people always favor specific sides and movements in a way that leads to even more imbalances than just normal lifting I think.  That's all you can really do I think, try to do individual limbs alternating and even them out as best as you can.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea man that's normal here.  People are monsters idk how they handle it.  I have hard weeks and then have to take "rest" weeks of like only 8ish training sessions.

And yea I'll do something later with it maybe idk

This is one of my main focuses right now in the weight room, 1-limb variants every single day, period. Follow the pace set by your weaker limb. And don't neglect 1 legged work either. Most people are even more imbalanced with their hips/legs than arms even. It's ESPECIALLY important for people doing sports because people always favor specific sides and movements in a way that leads to even more imbalances than just normal lifting I think. That's all you can really do I think, try to do individual limbs alternating and even them out as best as you can.

This post is too real. Never put much thought into this

Yea man that's normal here.  People are monsters idk how they handle it.  I have hard weeks and then have to take "rest" weeks of like only 8ish training sessions.

And yea I'll do something later with it maybe idk

And I thought going 5 days a week was rough. I don't think I'd have the energy for more, unless training was part of my job.

Also did you ever get into online coaching?

Clean eating is going really well, who knew salad with chicken or fish tasted so good. How often do you guys allow yourself a cheat meal or drink when you are trying to lose weight?

Some, probably what I will be doing at the end of the year.  Taking this year to figure out some stuff and train as hard as I can to see where to go from here.

It has been even harder than I expected to train 10+ hard sessions per week, and I already expected it to be death.  A small glimpse into the life of a pro athlete, though they're not just working more sessions than me in terms of numbers but way, way harder inside every single session.  I've gotten to observe some and it's straight up terrifying.  

One day, maybe.

Clean eating is going really well, who knew salad with chicken or fish tasted so good. How often do you guys allow yourself a cheat meal or drink when you are trying to lose weight?

every meal LOL

better answer: varies entirely depending on situation/goals/etc.  some like 1 cheat day and 6 non cheat days idk its preference + necessity

every meal LOL

better answer: varies entirely depending on situation/goals/etc.  some like 1 cheat day and 6 non cheat days idk its preference + necessity

Ive made loads of progress but I just feel bad if I drink say a bottle of coke like the work and effort Ive been putting takes a hit lol

Ive made loads of progress but I just feel bad if I drink say a bottle of coke like the work and effort Ive been putting takes a hit lol

Man coke is literally like #100000 on the list of things you should cheat with

Just drink diet soda man.  Can't fuck with diet root beer, tastes better than regular calorie-filled soda anyways imo

looks like im starting my cut at 3750 daily cals

this may be my first real cut [or i will just abandon it]

kinda tempted to start higher but w/e I'll just adjust later if needed yolo

I know this post is old but I only went one page back so I don't feel that bad.  

Cutting on 3750 cals? Cot dayum

I know this post is old but I only went one page back so I don't feel that bad.  

Cutting on 3750 cals? Cot dayum

ya imagine if i wasnt a small weak natty id cut on like 6k