Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

too much real life in this post, i thought when i gave up eating 'clean' my bench would skyrocket. its a cruel world

just join the 4x20 db bench master race with me, haven't barbell benched in like 7 months

• Upvote (+1) 1

just join the 4x20 db bench master race with me, haven't barbell benched in like 7 months

Tried that, couldn't bench 5x5x165  :unsure:

You guys seem like a cool bunch :) started doing some fst-7 stuff this week, anyone have experience with it?

Edit: my weight yo-yo's like a crazy mofo. Ex:I've lost more than 30 lbs on multiple occasions due to the fact I can't keep my fat mouth closed and I love food :/ any recommendations once I hit my target bf%?

Probably not going to be able to hit the gym much this summer. Do you guys know of some at home workouts that I could do to build muscle. Currently skinny trying to gain some weight. I started eating 2 peanut butter sandwiches daily and start creatine next week.

Creatine? R.I.P claiming natty 

You guys seem like a cool bunch :) started doing some fst-7 stuff this week, anyone have experience with it?

Edit: my weight yo-yo's like a crazy mofo. Ex:I've lost more than 30 lbs on multiple occasions due to the fact I can't keep my fat mouth closed and I love food :/ any recommendations once I hit my target bf%?

fst-7 is great adv. tech but imo lower level guys spin their wheels w/ MMC shit trying to keep up w/ high level meta

if you can't control your nutrition then work way harder so it has less of an impact or change your goals to strongman idk lol

fst-7 is great adv. tech but imo lower level guys spin their wheels w/ MMC shit trying to keep up w/ high level meta

if you can't control your nutrition then work way harder so it has less of an impact or change your goals to strongman idk lol

Not gonna lie, strongman stuff is crazy AF and I enjoy the hell out of it, I just don't have a cool place to go to do it. I've been slowly accumulating equipment at my house to do some (kettle bells etc). Since summer began though I've been busting my ass and actually kept my diet fairly clean. Dropped about 10lbs of fat and put on 5 lbs muscle in a month, so I can't complain:)

Blitz, on those 3x30 sets, how long do they take you? You pausing in between reps much when you get 20+? 

I did (30,25,25)x25s today. Dat triceps burn. 

Blitz, on those 3x30 sets, how long do they take you? You pausing in between reps much when you get 20+? 

I did (30,25,25)x25s today. Dat triceps burn. 

theyre fast, no pausing in between reps

stopped at 55's for 3x30 because it was death, then deloaded and workin up on 4x20 (smashed 60's ez yesterday)

felt like i pinched a nerve in my lower back while i was squatting about 2 weeks ago and i can still feel it when i move my body into certain positions. it doesn't really hurt, but it is definitely annoying.

has anyone experienced this before? is this something that goes away over time or do i need to see a chiropractor or something?

I went from a serious lifter to not giving a shit over a 2 month period. I start work Monday and my new apartment has a "gym" but I really don't wanna join one. I'll see if I can make it work

It can be good to have periods where you give less of a shit but I can say from experience it's really hard to get back into the swing of things once you have completely dropped the habit (basically took all of 2013 off being serious and barely made it in for casual sessions at all, and it was terrible for me)

Actually competing is prob the biggest motivator, I would always recommend people do that to keep the fire lit or w/e

I mostly stopped because of vacation so its not like ive lost motivation I was just busy.

Off topic but I went on an 8 day cruise from NY to the Caribbean it was awesome and would recommend cruises if you've never been on one

So my apartment complex gym has decent enough equipment for PPL except for the L part

There's no squat rack or leg press. They have the pulley machine and say u can do squats by attaching a bar at the bottom. I tried it for shits and gigs I almost fell

There is a leg extension machine though lol

So my apartment complex gym has decent enough equipment for PPL except for the L part

There's no squat rack or leg press. They have the pulley machine and say u can do squats by attaching a bar at the bottom. I tried it for shits and gigs I almost fell

There is a leg extension machine though lol

have a broken toe right now so my leg day this week was leg ext, leg curl, abductor, adductor

yeeeeah

have a broken toe right now so my leg day this week was leg ext, leg curl, abductor, adductor

yeeeeah

Might just do some cardio idk

benched today for the first time in ages, no back arch and still in the 2 plate club

happy days, bench gains here we come

Wut

tldr shady dark net recreational drugs cut w/ even shadier RCs, organ failure, $100k in medical bills, RIP all gains