Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Haven't done any direct ab work in probably a year or more. Did a few sets of crunches earlier...forgot how much I hate them.

Gonna start going to the gym with my friend, main goal is lose weight. Should I do cardio mostly? My friends lift only really

Do whatever you enjoy most, losing weight is mainly diet so whether its cardio or lifting, you'll lose weight if you eat less.

Phase 1: Lift

Phase 2: Lift + proper nutrition

Phase 3: Lift + proper nutrition + cardio

Then stay on phase 3 until you die

• Upvote (+1) 3

So what do you guys know about soy? I like edamame, but I've heard mixed things about eating soy especially regarding it's estrogen content 

I'd like to eat it a couple times a week, but I'm wondering if that would be too much

So what do you guys know about soy? I like edamame, but I've heard mixed things about eating soy especially regarding it's estrogen content

I'd like to eat it a couple times a week, but I'm wondering if that would be too much

I think its fine every once in a while but I wouldn't do it multiple times a week if it can be avoided. I wish I could though I a have a dairy allergy and its hard for me to find protein

I think its fine every once in a while but I wouldn't do it multiple times a week if it can be avoided. I wish I could though I a have a dairy allergy and its hard for me to find protein

Why not multiple times a week? Is that more than a "moderate" amount to you?

Why not multiple times a week? Is that more than a "moderate" amount to you?

Idk I'm just trying to be on the safe side

Thanks guys. I just am looking to have them as a veggie with my dinner. Not trying to jump on any soy is the best protein source hype train

Why I agree every year to do multiple long distance runs is beyond me. Training for them is possibly the more boring thing you can do.