Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

I tried behind the neck standing OHP, its some weird shit man but it had my delts and tries on fire

Smh you try this but yet no one has tried 3x30 db bench yet

I'll be over here crying 

(Btw yeah that is some weird shit haha I tried it a few times and didn't feel great but I can see the value)

I'll be over here crying 

(Btw yeah that is some weird shit haha I tried it a few times and didn't feel great but I can see the value)

I'm honestly surprised I had the shoulder mobility to do it, I dont do shit for upper body mobility. I only try to practice overhead squats and stuff because I wanted to try out olympic weightlifting one day. 3x30 would murder me

I'll be over here crying 

I'll try 3x30 DB Bench Tuesday if I remember to do it.

Also the real world isn't scary, it's actually pretty awesome

Combat sports and 20m stationary bike Mon/Fri during laundry.

If you have no preference I'd recommend incline walking or for steady state or concept 2 rower for sprints/intervals.  Stationary bike, swimming, and stairmaster also pretty useful.  The best cardio is the activity that you enjoy the most or at best an activity you would like to do for fun even without the physical benefits.  If that's running for you, I would definitely recommend running.

Combat sports and 20m stationary bike Mon/Fri during laundry.

If you have no preference I'd recommend incline walking or for steady state or concept 2 rower for sprints/intervals. Stationary bike, swimming, and stairmaster also pretty useful. The best cardio is the activity that you enjoy the most or at best an activity you would like to do for fun even without the physical benefits. If that's running for you, I would definitely recommend running.

I kind of want to head over to a field and run some like suicides or sprints

You should do it then!

Well I did it! Haha it was decent I didn't go hard just needed to get out. Feel a little better. Back in highschool we had 2 personal trainers for our team to train us over the summer. Doing cardio is so much better when u have someone pushing you and giving you the exercises

I'll try 3x30 DB Bench Tuesday if I remember to do it.

Also the real world isn't scary, it's actually pretty awesome

Will do it Wednesday. My arms were dead today after 4 baseball games this weekend. I even pitched for an inning...RIP

Alright Matt, I did it. I did 3x30 with 25 lb dumbbells. Wow that burn! And it got my triceps a bit too

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright Matt, I did it. I did 3x30 with 25 lb dumbbells. Wow that burn! And it got my triceps a bit too

Nice.  Now work up to 50's!  Let's see how high this can go.

I did it with 25 pounders, too. Harder on the triceps more than anything, I found. 

I like it. 

Try it with hammer curls too ^.^

Can't remember if my gym has 52.5's or if they just go up by 5 lbs after 50 but I'm either trying 52.5 or 55 for db bench this weekend.  Haven't decided what sets/reps to move down to after I stall 3x30.  Was thinking maybe just like down to 3x20 until stall then 3x12 until stall then focus on a different main push movement again.  I'd kind of like to bump the sets up to 4 or 5 if I'm doing less reps though.

135 squat AMRAP?

Also, I haven't barbell benched since December due to baseball season. I went in today....5x5x155 was harder than I thought. Fucking noob. 

Haven't barbell benched since like the first week of December I think.  Gonna suck when I go back to it one day.  Gonna start at stupidly low % lol

mirin duke, impressive that

also, shouldn't have watched broscience's how to cut video whilst seriously considering just bulking anyway

#summerbulk2015

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably not going to be crushing it in the gym over the next week or two. Graduation is this coming Saturday, and I've been drinking/partying every night since Thursday night and don't plan on stopping. Gotta live it up while you can, I guess.

I think the final set of 55 lbs 3x30 db bench was the hardest set I've done all year lmao

Noob

• Upvote (+1) 1

Suppose (speaking for...a friend) one's not even in the 200 club? Are they not eligible to troll, either? :kappa:

People IRL keep commenting on how much bigger my back has gotten in 2015 which is really bizarre because my lifting in general has been pretty casual this year and my back specifically I feel like I haven't done justice.  Wonder if I should put in even more work and finally make it a strong point.  It has traditionally been my weakest body part along w/ biceps