Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

I wish I still had time to game. Between having a full time job, kidlets, gym and study, I barely have time to scratch myself. Funnily enough, I have an xbox hooked up to my monitor at work, and can play in my lunch break if I want, but 90% of the time I choose to eat out with mates.

Maybe I'm just getting too old to game?..... It just doesn't seem to be as fun any more....

Dude, you are NOT alone.

I feel OLD just playing the damn game, you know what I mean?  It's not the game (which is a contributing factor) but it's just me not liking video games anymore.

And you have kids brah.  That's important.

Anyway, great news.  Went to the Golds Gym that's on the way to and from work.  Had a great workout.  I think I will sign up there but I wanna negotiate a deal.  They know I lift cause everybody (not kidding) was mirin.

I was wearing a oversized t and them t stringers phaggots were mirin.  They know if I wear my stringlet, they'll go 'you a pro brah?' lol 

Anyway (I'v said that twice now...its my favorite word to use on this thing called.....the internet lol), I am feeling pretty good right now (i got some test results back and they came back negative, so you can take a guess what the test was).

This is how I feel right now:

happydog.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

caught a couple of juicy ass gym bunnies mirin today. dat mid pump sexual tension lol probably got me a few more reps. Thnx ladies 

• Upvote (+1) 1

caught a couple of juicy ass gym bunnies mirin today. dat mid pump sexual tension lol probably got me a few more reps. Thnx ladies 

pics pls gooby

If anyone is interested, I did this challenge the other day. Deadlifted 315# for 67 reps over a half hour. Video below is of the last 5 minutes. More info and original idea for challenge in the YouTube description.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If anyone is interested, I did this challenge the other day. Deadlifted 315# for 67 reps over a half hour. Video below is of the last 5 minutes. More info and original idea for challenge in the YouTube description.

How well did you eat after that? I'm always sooo hungry after squats/deadlifts

I went HAM, fierce

Started Texas method this week, monday was tough, i lowered to 3x5 instead of 5x5.

Lower the weight and do the full 5x5.

Whats your guys resistance/cardio split. I know people who purely lift and are lean as fuck, then the guys grinding cardio every other day/ every day. 

How well did you eat after that? I'm always sooo hungry after squats/deadlifts

It's crazy how much you eat after lifting. People at work think I'm a freak as I always consume massive amounts of food, while still remaining relatively lean. On the weekend, I have legs in the morning and normally head to the pub, a couple of hours after, for a steak, chips and salad. Normally I workout fasted, so by the time I get there, I'm so hungry, I normally eat my lunch, and half of my kids' lunches as well, haha.

Whats your guys resistance/cardio split. I know people who purely lift and are lean as fuck, then the guys grinding cardio every other day/ every day.

I rarely do cardio workouts anymore. Rarely over the summer. Played basketball or went hiking every once in awhile. If I do an actual cardio workout, it'll be some sort of sprints, hills, or farmer's walks. Only on non-lifting days. Now at school, all the cardio I do comes from walking around my college campus, playing club baseball, and other activities (intramurals, etc.).

It's worked for me.

Ninja - I hate long distance running.

Goin to join Golds Gym and I think its a great choice.  They have an amazing prep coach and I'm going to try to compete in my first show this year.  

300 for one year.  25 a month basically.  Was paying 22 at my old gym.  

I still think the guy is high balling me.  I know for sure I could get it for much cheaper.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

bike/stairs m

plyos/jump rope tu

bike/stairs th

box jumps/jump rope f

i don't really "grind" too hard on these. my metabolism doesn't really require me to spend more than 30-45 minutes on that stuff yet. 

i mean you burn a ton of calories lifting but that doesn't necessarily translate to athleticism. two guys with the same physique could be completely different in terms of running speed, jumping height, aerobic endurance, etc. you gotta find a balance between that and strength training. the guys grinding cardio and ignoring strength training aren't going to look big because they're pretty much neglecting their upper body. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So my parents want me to set up an IRA/Roth account and put in 25 to 100 a month.  Even though I only make less than 1,000 a month.

I DON'T EVEN...

So my parents want me to set up an IRA/Roth account and put in 25 to 100 a month. Even though I only make less than 1,000 a month.

I DON'T EVEN...

I mean, it's a good idea...the earlier you start, the more money you end up with, and the easier it'll be to retire.

For example, I forget exactly how old you are Jittery, but lets say you're 25 and want to retire at 65. If you put away just $1,200 each year ($100/month) for 40 years, compounding annually at 8%, you'll end up with $310,678 after those 40 years.

However, say you don't start until 20 years from now. Even if you put down $2,400 each year for 20 years, with the same interest rate, you'd only have $109,829 in savings. So I mean, if you can afford it, putting even 5-10% of your earnings away if you can afford it would be a good idea.

Lol sorry...That's the flourishing business student in me. Been doing future value recently in my accounting and finance classes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damm, it's nuts what deadlifts can do to you. I did that challenge back on Sunday, and, although I don't necessarily feel sore, my body is still a little sluggish/off.

hit legs today and am going to a paint party tonight where im most likely gonna be jumping for 6 hours straight. stupidity at its finest.

hit legs today and am going to a paint party tonight where im most likely gonna be jumping for 6 hours straight. stupidity at its finest.

at least your quads will look juiced

I mean, it's a good idea...the earlier you start, the more money you end up with, and the easier it'll be to retire.

For example, I forget exactly how old you are Jittery, but lets say you're 25 and want to retire at 65. If you put away just $1,200 each year ($100/month) for 40 years, compounding annually at 8%, you'll end up with $310,678 after those 40 years.

However, say you don't start until 20 years from now. Even if you put down $2,400 each year for 20 years, with the same interest rate, you'd only have $109,829 in savings. So I mean, if you can afford it, putting even 5-10% of your earnings away if you can afford it would be a good idea.

Lol sorry...That's the flourishing business student in me. Been doing future value recently in my accounting and finance classes.

I UNDERSTAND the long term benefits but even then, $310,000 is not a lot.  Will it be worth more after 40 years?  Who knows.

The dollar isn't going to be what it once was at some point.  I just don't have faith in America anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1