Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

I don't have a problem running fast it's just that my form is bad. It ends up putting more stress on my legs.

Probably because I don't bend my legs enough - it has become a bad habit now.

i'm not saying you have a problem running fast, i'm saying you'll be faster once you start running correctly. do those exercises and you'll be a-okay after a short time. if i were you, i wouldn't ever really stop doing them. if you're not training for sports or anything, those drills still have their practical applications. 

lyke, wut if u get robbed n u gots to run?

any of you brahs know where is a good place to meet women?

Depends what kind of women you like. If you like sluts, try - hards, easy fucks the club is the best bet. If you want to meet GF material, I'd say a bookstore, places on campus (if you go to college), the gym, the mall. 

Been feeling like bollocks lately. No motivation to go to the gym, low energy, no motivation. I think I'm gonna carb binge for the next 2 days and get my energy back up then come back with a vengeance.

Benched 100kgs (225lbs) x 2 today @ 76kgs (166lbs I think?) Feels good as I've added at least 60kgs to my bench since I started lifting seriously about 3 years back.

• Upvote (+1) 6

any tips on bicep growth guys? My arms are getting bigger but its mainly due to my triceps and my shoulders and disproportionately bigger than my Bi's -.- 

any tips on bicep growth guys? My arms are getting bigger but its mainly due to my triceps and my shoulders and disproportionately bigger than my Bi's -.- 

If you aren't doing some of these - Chins, pull ups, bent over row, single arm row, then add them in. If you already are, add some isolation movements like - Bicep curls, concentration curls, preacher curls etc. If you are already doing this, then change up the rep range (for me personally, I find that the higher rep ranges 8-12 work better for bicep development ). Also concentrate on feeling that muscle contract with each rep. But most importantly, make sure your diet is in check (I assumed it was, as you said everything else was still growing).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I do all of that. Probably not getting my calories if theres anything in my routine thats lacking its that. Gonna adjust. Got a cheeky bicep session in today and crushed it so gains are incoming :) Also met some BOMB girls at the gym today. I love girls that lift, so sexy.

For some bodybuilders, their biceps won't grow at all unless they do some serious high rep workouts for them.  I'm talkin a shit ton of reps.  

On another note, I really need to write out my workout schedule and print it out to put it on my wall.  I remember doing that my freshman year of college and was very good at keeping pace with the workouts for each day.  I grew a lot that year.  Got accused of roids before I ever touched 'em for years.  lol

On another note, I want everyone to keep working hard at the gym.  

Get dem gains.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been getting lazy these past few weeks with my diet and workout regime. Probably fucked up weeks of work to be honest.

Going to start back hard tomorrow and keep a strict schedule of both my diet and weekly routine.

I'm currently doing 5/3/1 with dave tate's assistance work, curious what you guys think. Should I add/change anything up?

Day 1) I do OHP, then follow up with 3x10 DB bench, Lat pulldowns, and Tricep pushdowns.

Day 2) Deadlifts with 3x10 leg curls, leg press, and leg raises.

Day 3) Bench press, with 3x10 DB military, Face pulls, and Tricep pushdowns.

Day 4) Squats, with 3x10 leg curls, leg press, and leg raises.

I used to do 5x10, but I lowered the volume and I forget why cause that was a while back.

Hoping to finish this cut soon so I can start bulking again. Can't wait!

been thinking about selling my xbox....i literally don't game anymore...played like 3 games of H4 today and got bored quick....

I'm just getting older and gaming isn't what it used to be nor is it fun anymore....priorities got the best of me.

lift, work, school is all i need.

• Upvote (+1) 1

been thinking about selling my xbox....i literally don't game anymore...played like 3 games of H4 today and got bored quick....

I'm just getting older and gaming isn't what it used to be nor is it fun anymore....priorities got the best of me.

lift, work, school is all i need.

Been thinking about this as well. Gaming just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Halo is the only game I would play but H4 sucks. Time to move on been partying more lately and actually having fun going out again. I feel like gaming is a waste of time unless you are absolutely bored out of your skull.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll keep posting here though.  This is my home somewhat.  I browse r/bodybuilding and other stuff from time to time.

The misc gives me the laughs though.  

Also, which gym would you choose, LA Fitness or Golds Gym?  LA Fitness closes at 11pm weekdays I think.  Gold's is 12am I think.  Will probably go with Golds even though the closes one is 20 minutes away but there is another one on the way to/from work, which would work very well.  

I'm hoping to maybe find a training partner at those gyms but if not, it's all good.  

My gym isn't cutting it anymore.  

I like posting on these boards. I'll have stretches when I rarely play Xbox, but all it takes is a good game like Skyrim or Halo or Fallout and I'm hooked for hours.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, which gym would you choose, LA Fitness or Golds Gym?  LA Fitness closes at 11pm weekdays I think.  Gold's is 12am I think.  Will probably go with Golds even though the closes one is 20 minutes away but there is another one on the way to/from work, which would work very well.  

Isn't LA fitness the place that gets mad when you clang weights on the floor? Or is that Planet Fitness?  I would just pick the one that fits your schedule and location

Oh and I'm probably getting the Xbox One. I too don't game as much as I used to but I do go on stretches. And I think it will be something to casually do in my free time once I'm done with school

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I still had time to game. Between having a full time job, kidlets, gym and study, I barely have time to scratch myself. Funnily enough, I have an xbox hooked up to my monitor at work, and can play in my lunch break if I want, but 90% of the time I choose to eat out with mates.

Maybe I'm just getting too old to game?..... It just doesn't seem to be as fun any more....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe I'm just getting too old to game?..... It just doesn't seem to be as fun any more....

Parents probably like to call that growing up lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lifting weights is the "new" gaming for me. It's challenging, fun and does a whole lot more for you. What passion I used to have for Halo is now being channeled into the gym and school which is a good thing. I'll probably get the X1 as well, and H5 but I doubt I will be dedicating so much time to it. All the kids who grew up on CE and H2 are pretty much moving on lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2