Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Don't get me wrong, I'm the same way with myself. Often, I'm way too strict. Trust me. But I've also realized that I can allow myself more leeway with my diet and drink once a week or so and still achieve my goals. I've increased my average daily caloric intake by probably 300 calories over the last month or so, and been a little looser with my diet, and I've essentially stayed at the same weight and not lost weight room progress.

honestly iifym is perfect. if it fits your macros, eat that shit. 

I feel meal timing is more important.  I ate 4 angus burger patties while working a 9 hour shift (85%/15% but I grill the fat off).  Ate them at least an hour or two a part. 

Some pro bodybuilders will eat like 5lbs of meat a day, srs.  tryin to get the most out of their training.

My diet its pretty fucking bad actually. as In I wont eat until like 5 in the afternoon but then ill eat all my calories in like a 5 hour window. Never been a fan of eating breakfast I may have an egg or two or a bowl of cereal only. Lazy as fuck with cooking and ill make a protein shake so I don't feel like my stomach is eating myself before I have a balanced meal. I need to get a some tupperware, chickn, brown rice and some veggies and just pre make my weeks meals in advance. 

As long as you're getting all your cals, it really doesn't matter if you're eating 7 meals a day or just 1. I eat most of my food during the day and eat barely anything post workout and I'm still making decent gains. I can't even remember the last time I consumed a protein shake post workout.

Jittery - you out of everyone else should also know that those pro bodybuilders eating all that meat are also working out for hours a day and often on gear.

And meal timing is moderately irrelevant as long as you are good in the long run. As for "eating clean," that phrase doesn't really make sense. 10 different people could give you 10 different pieces of advice that all have the same end effect.

And as promised. This kinda surprised me. Guess that's what happens when you train heavy but stay at the same weight for 4 months. (5'10.5" 175#) Inb4awkwardlegshot

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/q1wet7ck1935gzz/6xMa3gbCck

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jittery - you out of everyone else should also know that those pro bodybuilders eating all that meat are also working out for hours a day and often on gear.

And meal timing is moderately irrelevant as long as you are good in the long run. As for "eating clean," that phrase doesn't really make sense. 10 different people could give you 10 different pieces of advice that all have the same end effect.

And as promised. This kinda surprised me. Guess that's what happens when you train heavy but stay at the same weight for 4 months. (5'10.5" 175#) Inb4awkwardlegshot

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/q1wet7ck1935gzz/6xMa3gbCck

Solid. BF %? Looks around 10-11?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks Hunter!

Solid. BF %? Looks around 10-11?

Probably somewhere around there. I think my body stores more fat in my stomach, so abs are something I'd really have to diet for. And I don't really care all that much about getting them.

Gear or no gear, meat is very important and IMO, meal timing is too.

That's the thing about bodybuilding, there are a lot of diets you can follow to reach your goals.  

So to each his own.

Gear or no gear, meat is very important and IMO, meal timing is too.

That's the thing about bodybuilding, there are a lot of diets you can follow to reach your goals.

So to each his own.

No need to convince me that meat is important bro hahaha.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i'm pretty sure my job is causing me to lose muscle mass.  i sit on my ass from 8 to 12 hours, depending on the route.

getting less than 6 or 7 hours of sleep doesn't help either.

fuck

Any tips to increase cardio and improve my running form?

Run more. Not trying to be funny, but the best way to improve something is to do it more often.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As weird as it may sound, the days i decide to cheat and eat a double whopper and some fries from burger king are always the days i can throw up the most weight. It may not make me feel the greatest, but i dont know i feel like when i eat cheeseburgers it just makes me stronger haha. It's probably a mental thing!

Of course obviously i dont feel lean or healthy looking after but yeah

As weird as it may sound, the days i decide to cheat and eat a double whopper and some fries from burger king are always the days i can throw up the most weight. It may not make me feel the greatest, but i dont know i feel like when i eat cheeseburgers it just makes me stronger haha. It's probably a mental thing!

Of course obviously i dont feel lean or healthy looking after but yeah

Well you probably feel stronger because you're carbed up.

Any tips to increase cardio and improve my running form?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KzjLwOJBD8

do sprints instead of jogging for a few weeks and work on the form pointers in the video above. it'll become second nature. i ran track for a while and was pretty fast, thanks in no small part to learning the proper way to run. we did a lot of the same drills as doughboy fresh up there

• Upvote (+1) 1