Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Any of you guys got a link to a site for meal ideas/recipes? Could use some variety/ideas and see how well/bad I'm doin.

lots of stuff on allrecipes.com

It sucks working out for 2 years straight consistently, then to be set back because of an injury. Been out the gym for almost 5 months now and lost 15 lbs and nearly 50% of my strength on most lifts.

Blows so hard. Everyone at the gym is always like dude what happened to you or telling me how skinny I am now lol it sucks.

It sucks working out for 2 years straight consistently, then to be set back because of an injury. Been out the gym for almost 5 months now and lost 15 lbs and nearly 50% of my strength on most lifts.

Blows so hard. Everyone at the gym is always like dude what happened to you or telling me how skinny I am now lol it sucks.

how much of that was muscle? n dem muscle memory gains youll be fine once you hit the weights again

Got my Squat PR up today so pumped! 205 

congrats brah, 20lb til you're in the 2 plate crew.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so i was thinking last night about how people say they still make strength gains while cutting.

now, if they are increasing their strength on cut are they also potentially increasing their mass as well or just strength gains?

so i was thinking last night about how people say they still make strength gains while cutting.

now, if they are increasing their strength on cut are they also potentially increasing their mass as well or just strength gains?

I don't know too much about cutting, but essentially aren't you just changing your body composition and thus becoming leaner?

I don't know too much about cutting, but essentially aren't you just changing your body composition and thus becoming leaner?

i suppose, but there's the argument of not being able to make mass gains in a deficit(unless noob gains or w/e). i just wasn't sure if strength gained while cutting correlates to any mass gains as well.

i think i may try recomping instead of cutting. i feel i haven't made enough upper body gains on this bulk, so i don't want to lose what muscle i have obtained.

anyone have experience in recomps?

Deleted okcupid account.  women gun women with their high standards.  brb must be 6'0, ceo-10k a day, and driving a ferreri lol

Deleted okcupid account.  women gun women with their high standards.  brb must be 6'0, ceo-10k a day, and driving a ferreri lol

same shit on tinder man

brb dont message me if under 6'

dont say "hey" or i wont reply/i dont message first

no shirtless pics or you're a douche(yet still swipe right cause sloot gon sloot)

"not here for hookups"(yet hookup if 10/10, see above)

the self entitlement is unreal in these bishes brah

It's everywhere dude, not just online.  Srs.

makes me so mad and angry.  Must be the test or me being 5'4 manlet forever aloner lol

brb doesn't wanna date anyone unattractive 

brb would rather stay single till then

If I were you id go straight to lifting, 5'11 160 sounds pretty small. I personally am 5'11 220 and need to slow it down, I am cutting my gym membership bc I got my hands on insanity, so I have been doing insanity for a week now and I also run 2-3 miles and do an ab workout with it also. Its pretty intense cardio, but also works other muscles as well. Its a really cool program and I am looking to drop below 200 maybe even 185 by the end of it all.

160 lbs is not small. I started lifting when I was 13 at 110. I stopped last year and have been doing intense rigorous bodyweight exercises. 160 is a recommended start out to lifting depending what you want to do. 

160 lbs is not small. I started lifting when I was 13 at 110. I stopped last year and have been doing intense rigorous bodyweight exercises. 160 is a recommended start out to lifting depending what you want to do. 

1. Your post doesn't make much sense.

2. Dafuq, you're responding to a post from July 2013.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. Your post doesn't make much sense.

2. Dafuq, you're responding to a post from July 2013.

It makes perfect sense to me, unless you're illiterate. 

And yeah, I know. 

same shit on tinder man

no shirtless pics or you're a douche(yet still swipe right cause sloot gon sloot)

Yup that kind of just comes with the territory of dating online or off.  Gotta weed through all the bad ones to find one worth your time.

@@JitteryBrah you should read this

Switched to Sumo Deadlift this week and I think I like it better than conventional

• Upvote (+1) 1

Going to be a good PR week for me next week, hit 270 squat for 3x5 and 340x5 deadlifts right after. Going to try to get 3 plate squat for 1 and 4 plate dead for 1. Made great strength gains as of recent without gaining any weight, still floating around 153~

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel your pain, mate. I had hip issues which has made squatting hard and now I feel like I've done some damage to my knees which has prevented me from doing much in the way of legs for a while. Had a mini holiday and came back to doing shoulders and did something to my rotator cuff on my warm up set.

same shit on tinder man

I don't know how old you guys are, but you have to wonder about the sort of girls that frequent these sites, and why a 6/10 or higher hasn't been able to find a partner through their own social/friends group. I have a mate that met a girl, and is dating her, from one of those sites, and all the reports I get from friends about her is that she is bat shit crazy.

By about 24-25 most 'sane' girls, 6/10 or higher in the looks department, are already taken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel your pain, mate. I had hip issues which has made squatting hard and now I feel like I've done some damage to my knees which has prevented me from doing much in the way of legs for a while. Had a mini holiday and came back to doing shoulders and did something to my rotator cuff on my warm up set.

I don't know how old you guys are, but you have to wonder about the sort of girls that frequent these sites, and why a 6/10 or higher hasn't been able to find a partner through their own social/friends group. I have a mate that met a girl, and is dating her, from one of those sites, and all the reports I get from friends about her is that she is bat shit crazy.

By about 24-25 most 'sain' girls, 6/10 or higher in the looks department, are already taken.

tinder used to be a ONS/hookup app(still is if you're a 10/10), but now that it's pretty mainstream a lot of chicks are using the app for either validation and ego boosting with a few that are serious about finding a relationship which are probably the single moms and crazies. even if you try to meet up with any of them a lot of them flake on you unless you're an aesthetic god, then they sloot it up all night.

as for the online dating websites though, yeah most of them are probably crazy as fuck

It makes perfect sense to me, unless you're illiterate. 

And yeah, I know. 

What does that bolded part mean? Right now, I think it means that you recommend people don't start lifting until they weigh 160lbs. 

Why'd you stop lifting?

160lbs can be small for someone who is 6'2". 

Eh, I'm just going to forget about it.  I'm going on vacation anyway but still going to get a temporary gym pass.  If anybody lives in HIlton Head, you are more than welcomed to train with me.  I'll be doing the following:

- Seeping at least 10 hours a day lol

- Eating a shit ton of good food

- Overtrain the shit out of everything (thinking about doing this for a week: http://boldanddetermined.com/2011/02/02/serge-nubrets-old-school-workout-routine/)

^ That's some insane volume from Nubret.  HNNNGGG at 8x12 for blood pumpin gainz

- Beach it up and get tanned 

- Find a sloot lol ok maybe just forget about it

Can't wait brahs

And you guys are right, there are some BAT shit crazy women on those sites (mostly the free ones).  The more stable ones seem to be at paying sites like Match.  Lets' be real here, men don't want to pay a site to find a girl to go out with her to only then pay for her date.  So my theory is that the playing field is evened out on the paying sites but I could be wrong.