Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Decided to not go to the gym tonight cause I am tired and sore from last nights back workout (didn't do legs).  Having a shitty beer right now probably just wasted that workout lol

How often do you guys drink?  Just curious.  I know Furious Pete talked about this but I haven't seen that vid in awhile.

Bodybuilders don't drink cause it just breaks down the body.  

Alcohol is poison! I used to drink like 2-3 days a week, now I only drink here and there on weekends. Ive only drank once or twice in the last like 3 months however

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alcohol is poison! I used to drink like 2-3 days a week, now I only drink here and there on weekends. Ive only drank once or twice in the last like 3 months however

It is and it's a drug.

Not many people like to think of it as that.  It dulls your senses and basically impairs your muscle development.  

Decided to not go to the gym tonight cause I am tired and sore from last nights back workout (didn't do legs).  Having a shitty beer right now probably just wasted that workout lol

How often do you guys drink?  Just curious.  I know Furious Pete talked about this but I haven't seen that vid in awhile.

Never, srs.

Nah but I'll be 21 in a few weeks, still don't plan on drinking much - if ever. I'm more concerned about making gains anyways.

I don't think alcohol is that bad. I've been drinking (moderately) for quite some time and have had successful bulks and cuts. Enjoy life!

I only drink on the weekends

I grew up never really having the desire to drink, and when I turned 21 I had a few here and there. My main thing is I was in college at the time, and broke as all get out. Ive always heard they "get better" if you drink more. I just never got into spending a crap load of money tasting something I thought was nasty. Just my opinion though. I would rather drink water or tea for 2 dollars than a beer for 4-7

EDIT: I never got past all the "popular" choices, ive heard there are some tasteful beers out there just never really had the time or money to go searching lol.

Its not that I think it will kill my muscles, its just to expensive and I dont have the time for it lol. Plus when I did try it for a while it tasted terrible....

Over here you can buy a cleanskin bottle of wine (750ml) for $2 - $3 and a beer (330ml) for $1.50. Cheaper than a bottle of water in most cases.

I can't physically take a rest day, I always have to be doing something or I feel like a bum. Feel like it might be eating into my gains :'(

Oh god, I need to drop some knowledge in here about alcohol. Brb

One

Two

Three

TL;DR - Alcohol won't kill your muscles.

I like this the most: 

"You've probably heard that alcohol intake lowers testosterone. While this is true, the actual impact has been widely exaggerated. A three-week study that had men and women consume 30-40 g alcohol per day, showed a 6.8% reduction in testosterone for the men and none for the women at the end of the study-period. That's three beers a dayfor three weeks and a measly 6.8% reduction in testosterone for the men. What kind of an effect would you think a few beers on an evening once or twice a week would have? Hardly any."

I liked that quote the most.  However, to some people 6.8% can make a huge difference in gains.  Why do you think we all want to get the most gains that we can from our training?

HOWEVER, I am going out to get me some beers right now. 

Cause.......beer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its not that I think it will kill my muscles, its just to expensive and I dont have the time for it lol. Plus when I did try it for a while it tasted terrible....

You'll understand when you get older.

Trust me.

Damn, I do not like lifting late in the day. I wasn't able to go to the gym until like 8:45 tonight, and didn't want to just go tomorrow because I'd not lifted Friday and Saturday. Workout was OK, but not just feeling it. 

I will say, however, that coming back and having 1,600 calories left to eat was enjoyable. Gotta love making and eating huge meals.

weighted dips are my new fav. Remember reading on BB.com that someone called it the upper body squat. Have to agree as long as you mantain clean form.

EDIT: Just bought a dip station attachment for my door mounted pull up bar and im surprised how sturdy it is. best 30 bux i spent. other than those vietnamese midget h00k3rz

Ouch....

What a dick

Anyway, first time back in the gym in 2 weeks. Had a cold + work keeping me out for a bit. Holy fuck I got (even more so than before) weak.

That guy should never be allowed to work out in a gym ever again. Granted, I have no idea why they thought having just one spotter, on his back, would be a good idea. That's incredibly moronic with this heavy of a weight. However, you don't fucking dump a bar when you have someone spotting you from behind.

• Upvote (+1) 1