Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Took one of the hardest tests I've ever taken on Tuesday(first test of the CPA exam). Horrible gym session Monday night because of stress and horrible session Tuesday night because I was drained. At least I get to relax for 2-3 weeks before finding out my grade and can concentrate of getting more gains at the gym.

Also dat ass!

Which exam was it in the process? I'm in my junior year of accounting undergrad at the moment, planning on getting my CPA in a few years!

I took the Financial Accounting and Reporting section. I've been told it's the hardest section from a few people so I wanted to get it over with. To me there was just so much information to try and remember and the questions were pretty vague and have little information. If I end up not passing I won't be that disappointed since many fail their first attempt at the sections.

Hey Guys, I have a health related question. Today I was doing leg day, during my last set of leg press I got a moderately sharp pain in the left side of my head. The pain has went away, was I just pushing myself to hard or do you think it might be something else? I have never had it happen before.

Hey Guys, I have a health related question. Today I was doing leg day, during my last set of leg press I got a moderately sharp pain in the left side of my head. The pain has went away, was I just pushing myself to hard or do you think it might be something else? I have never had it happen before.

If I had to guess, it was probably nothing serious, just strain from over exertion/maybe you were holding your breath. Either way, even if it's nothing serious, you'd be best served taking a trip to your doctor. I doubt anyone here is going to diagnose you more efficiently than a doctor would, in person.

• Upvote (+1) 1

as what fierce said, make sure you're breathing correctly

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I had to guess, it was probably nothing serious, just strain from over exertion/maybe you were holding your breath. Either way, even if it's nothing serious, you'd be best served taking a trip to your doctor. I doubt anyone here is going to diagnose you more efficiently than a doctor would, in person.

as what fierce said, make sure you're breathing correctly

I have never been the best at breathing while lifting so I think you guys are correct. I will see how tomorrows session goes and focus on breathing properly. Thanks for the help.

sup

starting my cut tonight.  Going to only eating 93/7 lean beef for a few months.  inb4 i die from eating 3lbs of lean beef a day.  

brb gettin huge/cut 

brb no carbs...ok a few carbs lmao

Started doing this bulking thing seriously last month, already seein some gainz hopefully it works out

Also i work at a pizza place so it'll be a challenge to eat clean, but so far I've been able to resist

Started doing this bulking thing seriously last month, already seein some gainz hopefully it works out

Also i work at a pizza place so it'll be a challenge to eat clean, but so far I've been able to resist

Fuck it brah dirty bulk ftw!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah, I already got low body fat %, plus i like my carbs

You just listed two very good justifications of why you can or would want to dirty bulk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, I already got low body fat %, plus i like my carbs

Like duke always says, I think enjoying your life while maintaining a healthy lifestyle is better than micro managing every single aspect of it when it comes to nutrition and what not. You are trying to put on some weight, eat some good food man. It's better that way. I've tried the clean bulk and it just doesn't work for me because I feel like I am torturing myself. I like to go out and eat occasionally and it sucks having to eat bland tasting boring chicken breast and rice and etc. I won't discourage you from it though if you want to do it that way go ahead since its your decision but you have your whole life ahead of you. If you think some pizza's or cheeseburgers are going to ruin your gains, especially when you are trying to put on some weight, it's just not going to happen!

Definitely go the clean route if you can, but don't be afraid to live a little. I always eat clean whenever possible but I am never hard on myself for eating some good food. I don't compete in anything so I don't see the point to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like duke always says, I think enjoying your life while maintaining a healthy lifestyle is better than micro managing every single aspect of it when it comes to nutrition and what not. You are trying to put on some weight, eat some good food man. It's better that way. I've tried the clean bulk and it just doesn't work for me because I feel like I am torturing myself. I like to go out and eat occasionally and it sucks having to eat bland tasting boring chicken breast and rice and etc. I won't discourage you from it though if you want to do it that way go ahead since its your decision but you have your whole life ahead of you. If you think some pizza's or cheeseburgers are going to ruin your gains, especially when you are trying to put on some weight, it's just not going to happen!

Definitely go the clean route if you can, but don't be afraid to live a little. I always eat clean whenever possible but I am never hard on myself for eating some good food. I don't compete in anything so I don't see the point to it. 

good bye gains.

lol not srs,

just curious, with this mind set are you doing iifym or just saying fuck it and eat good food regardless of macros every once in a while?

well i listened to duke and now im fat already. thanks alot

But seriously though, I like eating clean, I feel a lot better physically all the time

but I am gonna eat the occasional bacon/feta pizza 

I could never eat clean 24/7, even for a week lol. I try to eat pretty healthy 75% of the time, but I like my sweets/junk food too much.

Been a good day today. Good gym session, got a few inches of snow, and got my new humidor and cigars I ordered.

I know thats why i said occasional

You misunderstand me. I'm asking, what's unhealthy about bacon?

good bye gains.

lol not srs,

just curious, with this mind set are you doing iifym or just saying fuck it and eat good food regardless of macros every once in a while?

Im saying fuck it regardless of macros every once in awhile. Of course you should always eat clean whenever possible but dont rag on yourself for eating something out of your meal plan. That's basically all i meant.

People on the internet can take this shit too seriously sometimes. I used to be guilty of it myself, fairly recently, actually. Just be "good" like 80% of the time, lift heavy shit, and you'll be fine.

Last night, I drank and smoke, ate Taco Bell for the first time in two years, went way over my daily cals, but had fun doing it. To make up for it, I have only eaten 1500 cals today, a rest day. I made sure to hit my protein macro, yet I am leaving plenty of room to make up for last night's indulgences.

And I'm gonna get absolutely hammered tonight, stay up late, sleep in tomorrow, and then go to the gym and go balls to the wall. I've realized that I need to take advantage of being young enough to party and lift heavy at the sane time. I already started feeling regret from not partying much my first two years in undergrad, so I'm challenging myself to get out of my comfort zone and just do more "unhealthy" things. It may go against all of the "healthy" firewalls I've built up in my head over the last two or so years, but, hell, it's a lot of fun. And, even then, I know that I'm still a lot healthier than a large percentage of the general population.

TL;DR - Eat good food, get drunk/high, and lift heavy shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People on the internet can take this shit too seriously sometimes. I used to be guilty of it myself, fairly recently, actually. Just be "good" like 80% of the time, lift heavy shit, and you'll be fine.

Last night, I drank and smoke, ate Taco Bell for the first time in two years, went way over my daily cals, but had fun doing it. To make up for it, I have only eaten 1500 cals today, a rest day. I made sure to hit my protein macro, yet I am leaving plenty of room to make up for last night's indulgences.

And I'm gonna get absolutely hammered tonight, stay up late, sleep in tomorrow, and then go to the gym and go balls to the wall. I've realized that I need to take advantage of being young enough to party and lift heavy at the sane time. I already started feeling regret from not partying much my first two years in undergrad, so I'm challenging myself to get out of my comfort zone and just do more "unhealthy" things. It may go against all of the "healthy" firewalls I've built up in my head over the last two or so years, but, hell, it's a lot of fun. And, even then, I know that I'm still a lot healthier than a large percentage of the general population.

TL;DR - Eat good food, get drunk/high, and lift heavy shit.

Preach

You misunderstand me. I'm asking, what's unhealthy about bacon?

the bacon we use at work is frozen, and is really fatty and salty

So yesterday one of the strongest dudes at my gym walked up to me and told me he liked how good my squat form was.

Now all I need is Roy telling me I have a sick br and my life will be complete lol.

Talked with him a bit afterwards and he tells me hes been training nonstop for the last 9 years. Imo he's also got my goal physique since hes definetly jacked but still very athletic at the same time, although its amazing how it took him almost a decade to get to that point.

Really puts it in to perspective when you hear people saying oh I want to gain 20 pounds of muscle and lose 20 pounds of fat in one year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sup

You know whats damn funny?  Every girl on a dating site profile always says "I love traveling" or "I like to travel!" and then they proceed to show themselves next to some building that was built 100 years ago and that somehow makes them feels special lol

So what I have done is put "I like to travel" on my profile and have gotten massive amounts of views.  BRB I travel to the gym and grocery store bitch lol

Bitches be wantin you to take them places lmao

Sup

You know whats damn funny?  Every girl on a dating site profile always says "I love traveling" or "I like to travel!" and then they proceed to show themselves next to some building that was built 100 years ago and that somehow makes them feels special lol

So what I have done is put "I like to travel" on my profile and have gotten massive amounts of views.  BRB I travel to the gym and grocery store bitch lol

Bitches be wantin you to take them places lmao

dont forget your inspirational quote by a historical figure, you like to party, your uni and major, and "please dont be creepy."

lmao

dumb sloots

• Upvote (+1) 1