Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

I cannot visualize that at all lol. But honestly front squats are not that if you have good enough ankle mobility or the right shoes in my case, but to each his own. 

Humble brag

hehe

but I did get 10 with 20 lbs lighter last time :(

things felt a little heavy yesterday, good session tho.  post-dip post-db incline rope pushdowns and overhead extensions feel soooo nice.  really lets me minimize the weight used and hit it hard

I cannot visualize that at all lol. But honestly front squats are not that if you have good enough ankle mobility or the right shoes in my case, but to each his own. 

It looks legit but nothing like what it used to haha. Having the harness is just nice but once my own gym is set up in my garage unless he can make another one I'll just have to stop being a wimp and doing it like everyone else. On the harness he made there's two areas to put the weight, one about chest/nipple height, the other is in the mid section so you can do zercher squats which is nice mix up as well.

so I think the reason I'm enjoying front squats more than I used to is because I have weightlifting shoes. Those things help my front squat so much more than my back squat.

Yeah. Going back to my Chucks for a low bar session after ~6 months, I realized my ankle flexibility doesn't really hinder my back squat that much. I only use my Oly shoes for front and overhead squats nowadays. My issues are in my hips -_-

But - front squats are the tits. Love this core work. Pure rack position is the way to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah. Going back to my Chucks for a low bar session after ~6 months, I realized my ankle flexibility doesn't really hinder my back squat that much. I only use my Oly shoes for front and overhead squats nowadays. My issues are in my hips -_-

But - front squats are the tits. Love this core work. Pure rack position is the way to go.

If you want to improve your overall front squat consider doing Zercher squats, engages the core even more, quads and glutes and can even work the arms a bit because of how you have to hold it. Additionally it will reinforce your hip action, which could help you out with your issue immensely. 

Also just picked up a fresh pair of chucks yesterday, I trashed my others doing paintball for my bachelor party and never washed them.

Had a professor that works in the Sports Performance dept. watch me deadlift today and he informed me I was starting my deadlifts with my shoulders behind the bar, so my hips would fire up to get my shoulders into position, which is what caused my horrible form. Started trying to start with my shoulders over/in front of the bar and magically I was deadlifting with good form. Shit is hella uncomfortable though lol.

If you want to improve your overall front squat consider doing Zercher squats, engages the core even more, quads and glutes and can even work the arms a bit because of how you have to hold it. Additionally it will reinforce your hip action, which could help you out with your issue immensely.

Also just picked up a fresh pair of chucks yesterday, I trashed my others doing paintball for my bachelor party and never washed them.

My hip issue(s) is likely a genetic or injury issue, unfortunately. I likely have a torn labrum in my right one, and my sister actually has impingement issues that she's getting surgery to fix. Haven't been diagnosed yet, and I am still able to exercise pretty much 100%, but I suspect there's something else at hand.

What makes you say that?

Starting a hypertrophy block today. Did one cycle of JnT to get back into things after a fairly long cut but it's time to put on some mass.

What makes you say that?

Starting a hypertrophy block today. Did one cycle of JnT to get back into things after a fairly long cut but it's time to put on some mass.

Logs/forums/friends

Everyone thinks it's rare because every insulin post starts like "DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE, MAIN SIDE EFFECT IS DEATH" which is absolutely true, but at some point people realized they're just crippling themselves without it and they could figure out how to be responsible.

Idk it's just crazy, like I saw someone posting on Reddit asking about who uses insulin, just elite bbs or if elite mens physique guys are using, and I was like dude this is practically average gym bro territory in 2016...everyone is starting to go down this road.  Just find it interesting.  For something that will absolutely 100% kill you if used improperly, I don't see anyone having a single acute issue.  The longterm sensitivity issue is potentially mismanaged by a lot of these people but I think people are pretty moderate outside of a serious contest prep so perhaps not.

Idk it's just crazy, like I saw someone posting on Reddit asking about who uses insulin, just elite bbs or if elite mens physique guys are using, and I was like dude this is practically average gym bro territory in 2016...everyone is starting to go down this road. Just find it interesting. For something that will absolutely 100% kill you if used improperly, I don't see anyone having a single acute issue. The longterm sensitivity issue is potentially mismanaged by a lot of these people but I think people are pretty moderate outside of a serious contest prep so perhaps not.

We must be in different circles because I don't know anyone who has used it.

There's certainly plenty of it out there because diabetes lol

Yesterday the gym's A/C was out. Thankfully I went in the morning instead of the afternoon or else it would have been >90* in there. Instead the highest it got was 85*. Still not fun at all.

Realized part of the reason sumo feels so much more natural to me than conventional deadlift is my shoulders stay over the bar more easily. Tried to record my last deadlift set but ended up just recording some dude standing directly in front of the camera lol. 

We must be in different circles because I don't know anyone who has used it.

There's certainly plenty of it out there because diabetes lol

Imagine even being in the same room as a disgusting natty, you'd lose all your gains instantly

But yeah I am referring to people who are on the serious side of things but like the low side of serious, people who have years of AAS under their belt already of course, but still.  Doesn't seem uncommon for someone to ONLY have 1-3 years of AAS before they start HGH+slin now...whereas before it seemed more like 10-15 lol

Only time will tell how safe and effective this strategy is...but interesting that even though there seems to be a clear divide between the "it's a marathon not a sprint" conservative coaches and the "fuck it, do you want to be elite or not? let's do this" yolo coaches, EVEN the former category advocate insulin use for their clients pretty early on now...

Very interesting imo!

It's honestly a little overwhelming how much compliments have skyrocketed during this bulk...like >5x peak lifetime levels

Still ~10.5 weeks left

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good idea tbh I'm thinking of putting side raises on my back day too just like biceps are, that'd put them at 4/8 days

I know Matt Ogus hit them 4x a week during his last prep so that's not unheard of lol.

Calf DOMS are so strange/painful/great.

I still don't really know how much lifting principles carry over between natties and Oguses tho

Too hard to know because no one doing anything worth emulating is natty so there's no data on that side