Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

leg pressed 1205x10 and 1235x10 for my top sets today, had a crowd with people coming up saying like "dude that was fucking intense" "your reps were so deep, no one does that much weight so clean" "you have the biggest legs i've ever seen in my life" etc

surreal as hell hahaha

and one of the guys offered to take all the weight off for me after, thank god. can't make this stuff up

time to enjoy the weekend and deload 

• Upvote (+1) 3

leg pressed 1205x10 and 1235x10 for my top sets today, had a crowd with people coming up saying like "dude that was fucking intense" "your reps were so deep, no one does that much weight so clean" "you have the biggest legs i've ever seen in my life" etc

surreal as hell hahaha

and one of the guys offered to take all the weight off for me after, thank god. can't make this stuff up

time to enjoy the weekend and deload 

thats so funny/must have been a little embarrassing

Lol I dunno man but yesterday started week 7 of a planned 20 for this bulk and I just feel fantastic so far.

And a lot, enough that all 4 prongs were 100% filled to the end of the bar (with last few being 25's)

Fuuucckk. I'm thinking about bulking a little faster than a pound a month lol. I want to be bigger and stronger asap. 

You sat down and planned 20 weeks straight of training? Or you just plan on bulking 20 straight?

I cannot do an overhead squat well at all. My body just does not think it is possible to keep an upright torso while also holding something overhead.

Fuuucckk. I'm thinking about bulking a little faster than a pound a month lol. I want to be bigger and stronger asap. 

You sat down and planned 20 weeks straight of training? Or you just plan on bulking 20 straight?

I just picked 20 because I knew I wanted to focus on getting bigger for a while and any less didn't quite seem like enough for that goal.  1 pound per week is the aim but I've been slacking this week, out of town too much and missing tons of meals.  But yeah I think after that I could roughly maintain / slowly dip down for like 8 weeks and then cut for reals and be pretty well on my way to my goals.

I cannot do an overhead squat well at all. My body just does not think it is possible to keep an upright torso while also holding something overhead.

Yeah, it's hard and certainly something you need to work at. I think just holding weight overhead is the first step. Then being able to deep squat, then deep squat with PVC pipe, then barbell, etc. I went up to 65lbs (for a set of 5 with a brief pause) and had to bump back down to the bar. Shits hard, yo.

But, I like em. That and training front squats as a main. I'm gonna do all the core training. Fuck this weak ab BS.

Yeah being able to do a good overhead squat is definitely a goal of mine. Will be working on mobility on off days I think.

I had forgotten that conventional deadlifts are the GOAT back exercise. I basically only sumo deadlifted for a while because its easier to keep a neutral spine for me, but I started doing conventional a couple of months ago and I'm slowly adding weight to make sure my form is on point. The traps doms are real.

Also do any of you guys use an app to log your workouts? I downloaded one a week ago but its missing a lot of exercises I do regularly. I need some recommendations.

I think just holding weight overhead is the first step. Then being able to deep squat, then deep squat with PVC pipe, then barbell, etc. I went up to 65lbs (for a set of 5 with a brief pause) and had to bump back down to the bar. Shits hard, yo.

But, I like em. That and training front squats as a main. I'm gonna do all the core training. Fuck this weak ab BS.

Solid advice. My buddy did the same when he was picking up this lift. You gotta just get your body to understand the form, then add the barbell, then add a little weight.

Checkin in for weighted chins club. Instead of a plate, I hook the belt chain around a DB. So much easier to hold still between your legs. Because of my height, I've found sumo deadlifts to be better for me.

I log my workouts in a Google Docs spreadsheet. Use the Sheets app on my iPhone to access it in the gym

Also it makes me happy that this thread is still active. My other OT threads that managed to somehow survive to here are now pretty much dead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I was in school there was a week where they were renovating the regular gym so I got to lift in the athletes gym. Colored plates, bumpers, chalk, bunch of squat racks, a solid floor with no mats. Everything felt lighter

Yeah it's like $30 more per month but for all the extra stuff and no contract it'd be fun to try out

Gym looks pretty cool. Maybe I should move to SD.

Can't take that video seriously though lol