Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Wonder what my bf% is

Probably like a million

Maybe I'll actually get it checked from peak bulk end of year to peak cut spring

Gonna weigh myself morning after I get back to the States (Tuesday). I was around 185 when I left two months ago.

Anyone want in on the over/under? I thought I might gain, but I may be under...

Gonna weigh myself morning after I get back to the States (Tuesday). I was around 185 when I left two months ago.

Anyone want in on the over/under? I thought I might gain, but I may be under...

I'm going to say you'll be ~3 lbs of 185. I know that's not over/under but that's my guess.

If we're playing by the rules, I'm guessing over

My official guess is under. I've eaten a lot, but I've averaged over 10 miles a day walking this trip.

I'm so ready to squat on Tuesday. Give me all the doms

• Upvote (+1) 2

Started Ogus 753 today, planning to lean bulk, can't be fucked getting fat again, making cutting hard next year. Split looking like this:

Monday Squat xxx
Romainian Deadlifts 3
Leg Extensions 3
Standing calves 5
Sitting calves 4
Leg raise 4
Plank 3

Thuesday Bench xxx

Weighted pullups 3
Neutral pulldowns 3
Incline DB press 4
Machine rows 5
Rear Delt flyes 3
Facepulls 3

Wednesday Arms
Barbell curls 3
Incline db curls 3
Hammercurls 3
Triceps straightbar pushdown 3
Preacher DB tricep extension
Rope pulldown 3

Friday Deadlift xxx
Frontsquat 3
Hiptrust 3
Seated hamsting curl 4
Seated calves 4
Standing calves 5
Cable crunch 4
Ab Rollout 3

Saturday OHP
Weigted Chinups 3
Flat DB press 4
Incline cable flies 3
T bar row 3
Cable row 2
Facepulls 3
Rear delt flyes 3

179lbs. Under baby. I'm weak af

It's surprised me that in the last 10 days or so I haven't had shit for time to lift or workout with my upcoming wedding every moment counts to get shit done for it, so I've been sacrificing even my hour in the gym to get things done, in addition I've been eating like absolute crap. And I've just been bouncing between 171.5 and 173 depending probably on how bloated I am.

Amazing what eating at a surplus does for strength. Last week squatted 255 for 4 sets of 3, and then got 8 reps on my AMRAP set. This week did 275 for 4 sets of 3 and then got 8 reps for the AMRAP.

Also making it a point to do more front squats even though they're uncomfortable as hell.

Amazing what eating at a surplus does for strength. Last week squatted 255 for 4 sets of 3, and then got 8 reps on my AMRAP set. This week did 275 for 4 sets of 3 and then got 8 reps for the AMRAP.

Also making it a point to do more front squats even though they're uncomfortable as hell.

I guess the only way to get more comfortable with front squats is to do them more often, but god i hate them so much

I only did front squats for over six months, and squated 315 EASY for 1 rep as an all time PR, while on a diet of about 2300 calories and 40 mins of cardio every day. I should have went for more reps that day, but I pussed out because I was doing heavy deadlifts later that day.

I expect to be repping 315 in the next six months as i'm moving up in calories.

I guess the only way to get more comfortable with front squats is to do them more often, but god i hate them so much

Lol me too. High reps suck because it gets difficult to breathe, low reps suck because my shoulders aren't used to holding that weight.

But I want to front squat 315. And so I have to front squat at least once a week, sometimes twice. They're getting less horrible too though. 

I feel like I've be much more limited by core strength and upper body to maintain a proper position and also flexibility for a solid rack position

Don't think I'd get much out of it for my legs at this point

But I could def throw 315 on there ;)

I've done front squat holds of around 300 lbs (load it up, unrack, hold for 30s). They're fun lol.

But for real, I think I'm gonna train front squats as my main squat movement. My core, abs in particular, is pathetically weak. I can barely do 3 proper deadbugs, which is ridiculous. I think it's one of the reasons I've been having sciatic issues. I'll get enough posterior work from deads.

Also want to train weighed chins as a main as well. And dips.

Just want to get back lifting heavy again lol. The itch is back.

That sounds annoying, not sure I know what that feels like, but man I am loving that exercise.  I think I'm only doing 1 more hard day of it on Friday then deload and switch everything up for a new month.  1 month felt like a good length of time to focus on something.