Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

>Implying you need to run smolov to increase your bench 

What do you mean "if you really wanted to"? Shouldn't you always be aiming for progression on all your lifts?

It's fairly proportionate.  Assuming you actually measured, either you have freakish long arms or your brother has freakish short arms.  

But that's still not the point.  I most likely have longer arms than you and my bench has always been one of my best lifts.  A bodyweight bench press isn't acceptable because of long limbs.  

Good for you I guess?

It is true tbh, limb size may be a factor in preferences and endgame capping out your max potential but you can still get really damn heavy numbers regardless of your body type, never stop believing fam

It is true tbh, limb size may be a factor in preferences and endgame capping out your max potential but you can still get really damn heavy numbers regardless of your body type, never stop believing fam

I'm not disagreeing with that one bit, I've always had the upper body strength of a toddler. I'm proud of myself for having a bench press to my bodyweight considering my time away from the gym and when I stopped lifting it wasn't even 1:1. It's definitely not the end game for me by any means and I plan on maximizing my potential the best I can. I should have prefaced the statement in regards to limb length with my brother that he also is an incredibly big guy in terms of mass, so the appearance of short arms may be more what I'm going on. But I do for sure have longer legs than him, we just went for our tux fittings for my wedding and I got a solid 2+ inches in the leg department. Legs for daysssssss.

4 real tho plz how 2 solve horrible back pump help

everyone i ask is like "yeah i totally know what you mean man.  but i don't have a solution" but if this many people experience it than surely someone must have found a way to help

everyone i ask is like "yeah i totally know what you mean man.  but i don't have a solution" but if this many people experience it than surely someone must have found a way to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3LvLs6nflc Guy suggests stretching the quads to allow your hips to be neutral and 2-5g of Taurine, if that's all it takes sounds relatively easy.

Pretty good today thus far.

Squats - singles at 350 and 360. Might've been able to go another 5-15 pounds, but form was OK and my nose started gushing blood after the 360 rep, so I called it. Whoops

350:

360:

Deads - I love torturing myself. Let's do deadlifts after squats! My ass, hammies and quads have never burned as much as they have during the last 8 reps at 225. But I finished it, and made 405 - biggest weight I've moved in over a year and a half.

385:

405:

20x225:

• Upvote (+1) 1

everyone i ask is like "yeah i totally know what you mean man. but i don't have a solution" but if this many people experience it than surely someone must have found a way to help

The only solution is more back pump. Dozens and dozens of back extensions.

And yeah maybe more quad work.

Good shit luke, but where the bench vids at???  Also, you on those orals bruh, hope I get a nose bleed one day, it would feel badass

Worked up to over 6g taurine and it just made me feel sick, will try the quad thing

Back pump is strong with this one, mhm.

Hook grip ftw

My bench sucks so it doesn't exist. Actually that's on the docket for tomorrow, but I drank a bunch of beer today so we'll see how that goes.

I just have naturally small/superficial nasal blood vessels....

Yeah I seriously don't know what to do about it

Superset ab work in between? At least thats what worked for me. I was doing back raises and getting ridiculous back pumps and when i threw in some ab raises it went away 100%

Think I would fucking die trying to fatigue my abs right before they need to be feeling 100% to help stabilize that load but I probably do need to do a lot more ab work in general, so maybe it's worth a try

Some, is that really it though, seems like so many people these days say it isn't an issue and that some is inevitable

20-rep deadlifts, Matt. Come to the darkside.

Also my one-rep bench is a grindy 200. Fml

my new fav fitness copy paste

FUUCKK check out this JOOCY pic from EDC Bruh this is me bulked up eating fast food and buffets everyday, not training (in vegas), raving for 3 days straight AND I'm 100% lifetime natty. If you don't believe I'm natural you're a fkn pussy haha and need to stop putting limitations on yourself. No joke but imagine if I hopped on tren omfg I'd be a god. Ok so I gotta srs question for everyone, be honest.. Who thinks I can win the Olympia natty??

source:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BHVpnlGglVg/?taken-by=jeff_seid

king jeffy at it again.  the GOAT

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah idk I've got some buttwink when I squat but don't get a lower back pump.

How is Jeff seid such a douche.

I feel like I'm an honorary bro after reading that paragraph. #Natty4LifeBro

Good for you I guess?

I'm not trying to compare myself to you.  

My point is, don't sell yourself short.  You could be benching 315 in a year who knows.  

my new fav fitness copy paste

FUUCKK check out this JOOCY pic from EDC Bruh this is me bulked up eating fast food and buffets everyday, not training (in vegas), raving for 3 days straight AND I'm 100% lifetime natty. If you don't believe I'm natural you're a fkn pussy haha and need to stop putting limitations on yourself. No joke but imagine if I hopped on tren omfg I'd be a god. Ok so I gotta srs question for everyone, be honest.. Who thinks I can win the Olympia natty??

source:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BHVpnlGglVg/?taken-by=jeff_seid

king jeffy at it again.  the GOAT

holy shit lmao jeff seid has cemented his place as the nattiest natty of all time