MultiLockOn

How to Design a Halo Map

I don't know how much experience you have with forge.  I wrote a little bit about spawning.  You may find it helpful if you're relatively new to forging - http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/3747-forge-fundamentals-spawning/

Thanks I read the whole thing. It shed some light on it. But I don't know when I think of spawning I always thought of this insane battle of balance and integrity. The maps I've made so for are just for me and my friend to practice but I may release it to the public so I need to finalize the spawns. It's really small and simple Symmetrical for the most part with power weapons. I think I'll make a thread on the forge section about it. It's a good warm up/practice map I think. 

Thanks I read the whole thing. It shed some light on it. But I don't know when I think of spawning I always thought of this insane battle of balance and integrity. The maps I've made so for are just for me and my friend to practice but I may release it to the public so I need to finalize the spawns. It's really small and simple Symmetrical for the most part with power weapons. I think I'll make a thread on the forge section about it. It's a good warm up/practice map I think. 

A good thing to realize about spawns is that regardless of how little or how much you know about them, you will NEVER have them perfect the first time.  This is especially true if the map plays multiple gametypes.  Making adjustments to spawn points and spawn zones is one of the main focuses of testing. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought your first video was pretty good.

Some issues with audio fading during your jump cuts and the sound balance, but I thought the message was good.

I don't know why people are taking an issue with your opinion on Lockout. Guys, that's not the point of the video. The point of the video was to demonstrate that trying to replicate old maps (including their flaws) may not be the best route to take in game design.

I also agree that many Forgers need to try out other FPS that aren't Halo to get some ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 2