Master

Seriously, Goldenboy needs to be a permanent caster.

Loved him when he was casting for Black Ops, wasnt a surprise but was great to listen to during the halo matches. His Cod Commentary skills came in real handy when the game got quick and intense, since he used to that pace. He was by far the best commentator for halo in quite some time.

He did a real great job in all the matches I saw him commentate and I could imagine him working well with any of the other established casters.

:gandhi: :ghost: :maven: :bravo: :goldenboy: :walshy:

Yeah I agree. He lacks knowledge of the game though. I was laughing so hard when he thought the pulse grenade was useful for blocking doorways... But yeah, he is a good commentator , and if he learns the game more, he should stay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I agree. He lacks knowledge of the game though. I was laughing so hard when he thought the pulse grenade was useful for blocking doorways... But yeah, he is a good commentator , and if he learns the game more, he should stay.

It is, though. The pulse allows for area of denial quite efficiently especially if you're weak/no shields, it allows you to run away without the guy chasing you.

I agree that he does need to brush up on his knowledge if he's to cast more Halo events, though. Too many times he referred to the Extraction plot as a "Hill" and often confused "Arming" "Converting" and "Extracted" with each other.

It is, though. The pulse allows for area of denial quite efficiently especially if you're weak/no shields, it allows you to run away without the guy chasing you.

I agree that he does need to brush up on his knowledge if he's to cast more Halo events, though. Too many times he referred to the Extraction plot as a "Hill" and often confused "Arming" "Converting" and "Extracted" with each other.

That being said, he did much better at actually commentating than some people who are far more knowledgeable about the game.

That being said, he did much better at actually commentating than some people who are far more knowledgeable about the game.

Yep, definitely true. My post earlier in the thread states he's amazing and I'd love to see more of him but he'd be even better if he was more knowledgeable. :)

Normally I just shut off the stream and play some Quake when Adrift CTF comes on.. but Goldenboy actually made me want to watch Adrift... that guy is incredible.

Keep casting Halo, Goldenboy!

Yeah the pros just throw em in doorways for fun.  Those silly pros....

Heck now that I think/remember about it Goldenboy once tweeted a pic of a facebook his wife made asying "My students asked me for my Gamertag so they can play me on CoD, I laughed and said "I'm against camping" and I replied to them I'd give them my gamertag when they turned 21 (or something like that) and play them in Halo."

RESPECT (lol).

My wife is a Halo die hard! She's been playing since Halo 1 (along with my brother in law) they're Social Slayer noobs (H3 was their favorite game) but it's the only MP game she enjoys.

• Upvote (+1) 6

My wife is a Halo die hard! She's been playing since Halo 1 (along with my brother in law) they're Social Slayer noobs (H3 was their favorite game) but it's the only MP game she enjoys.

Lucky man.  My wife watches me play and when I die she doesn't hesitate to tell me I got raped. :maven:

• Upvote (+1) 1

GoldenBoy reminds me of radio broadcasters. For play by play casting, they have to be spot on with the call or else its just not going to make sense to the viewer.

There were times where I had to do some things away from the computer during the event and it was really refreshing to be able to crank up my sound system and listen to GoldenBoy make the call. 

Despite the fact that I wasn't even seeing what was going on in the game, I was still hyped up knowing that something awesome was happening based on his play by play call and the raw emotion he put into it.

All in all, great job GoldenBoy! I look forward to seeing and hearing you at Halo events in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He did a amazing job! I would love to see him join the AGL Crew also! Straight magical if that happened!

He did a amazing job! I would love to see him join the AGL Crew also! Straight magical if that happened!

5926968b83969142ec3d9b237a03476a.png

:) :) :)

Had an absolute blast casting with the dude.  We had casted a few series at MLG back in the day and have known eachother for a bit so I knew it was gonna be a blast - in terms of professionalism, delivery, charisma, and sexiness, Goldenboy is tough to beat.

https://vine.co/v/hzAVv0TBTeO

^ but the real question is who called you?  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had an absolute blast casting with the dude.  We had casted a few series at MLG back in the day and have known eachother for a bit so I knew it was gonna be a blast - in terms of professionalism, delivery, charisma, and sexiness, Goldenboy is tough to beat.

Bravo you were on par with Goldenboy and in terms of knowledge of the game...well ya. Seriously you deserve as much praise as him but the duo of you 2 as casters is EXTREMELY hard to beat. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

But then we'd never hear his amazing lines like #ComingUpTheRear or #WorkingThePoles.

On a serious note, though. I understand he's not as energetic as Goldenboy or someone like Gandhi but he's very knowledgeable and I feel he knows more about some of the players or the gametypes (obviously he created Throwdown) but also because he regularly is playing scrims/Throwdown etc with the pros and some of the lesser known AMs and semi-pros.

That must be why, when the Warriors were playing, he kept referring to them as the Sudds.