Master

Seriously, Goldenboy needs to be a permanent caster.

They have all done a great job this weekend, especially considering they don't have listen-ins available.

Alex is definitely one of the best console casters out there. He can cover so many games, its quite impressive. Great work this weekend.

It was amazing, really.

I love Gandhi and I love Maven, but they look compared to this more like a "fun version" of casters, but this casting this weekend, at best Bravo +  Goldenboy was just .. fantastic.  It got me excited, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and there was much information.

Brilliant

Thanks for the love guys! Seriously, it's the most humbling thing and to have my own thread on Beyond is so awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed the casting and I looking forward to the next UMG Halo!

Fantastic job. For real.

Thanks for the love guys! Seriously, it's the most humbling thing and to have my own thread on Beyond is so awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed the casting and I looking forward to the next UMG Halo!

Any word on you commentating at AGL 8 and/or future AGL's too? I don't know if I can watch another Halo tourney without you commentating, haha. I'm serious, you hyped every game up to the point where I would suffer in my chair for another 5 mins needing the toilet so I could just hear more commentary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go to AGL8. I'd rather have you than Ghost, no offense to Ghost..he's just boring to me.

Go to AGL8. I'd rather have you than Ghost, no offense to Ghost..he's just boring to me.

But then we'd never hear his amazing lines like #ComingUpTheRear or #WorkingThePoles.

On a serious note, though. I understand he's not as energetic as Goldenboy or someone like Gandhi but he's very knowledgeable and I feel he knows more about some of the players or the gametypes (obviously he created Throwdown) but also because he regularly is playing scrims/Throwdown etc with the pros and some of the lesser known AMs and semi-pros.

Imagine if we had two "Goldenboys" in the booth at the same time, very, very hyped up, energetic commentary but not as much knowledge. It was the same with Puckett, you couldn't have two "Pucketts" always had to have someone like Gandhi who was the knowledgeable ones.

But then we'd never hear his amazing lines like #ComingUpTheRear or #WorkingThePoles.

On a serious note, though. I understand he's not as energetic as Goldenboy or someone like Gandhi but he's very knowledgeable and I feel he knows more about some of the players or the gametypes (obviously he created Throwdown) but also because he regularly is playing scrims/Throwdown etc with the pros and some of the lesser known AMs and semi-pros.

Imagine if we had two "Goldenboys" in the booth at the same time, very, very hyped up, energetic commentary but not as much knowledge. It was the same with Puckett, you couldn't have two "Pucketts" always had to have someone like Gandhi who was the knowledgeable ones.

Agree, We need a play-by-play guy like Goldenboy to keep the excitment and the pace of the game as well as one details/in-dept guy like ghost/bravo/gandhi. If we have 2 details/in-dept guys i noticed they get caught up in talking about a single play or something and lose track of the game's pace.

I agree that Golden is a top notch caster. He knows enough about the game to be fluid and concise when casting, and you could tell that he really started to get into it and enjoy it. I felt like he got better as he went.

As for Ghost, he's a great guy and knows his stuff, but he has a habit of trying to say too much and stumbles over his words and thoughts. I'd love to see him continue casting though, just needs a little work. :)

Bravo is a beast as well, no complaints about him whatsoever. He oozes Halo knowledge, has a direct connection to the game via 343, and is a great guy.

We've got some great casters!

:ghost:  :bravo:  :goldenboy:  :gandhi:  :maven:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Goldenboy is so much better than ghost. We need a play-by-play caster like Golden and a details/in-depth guy like bravo or gandhi. We can't have 2 casters talking about details at the same time because they get caught up in it and don't keep pace with the game. I enjoyed Goldenboy much more than Ghost, I respect ghost and still an excellent caster but Goldenboy really is a natural and it clearly shows,  he was very excited and was emotionally drawn into the game as well.

That's why Puckett and Gandhi worked so well, Puckett for play by play and Gandhi for Color Commentary. Goldenboy and Gandhi would be an amazing combo.

Agreed. With a couple more tournaments under his belt he'd be exceptional.

After 1 day he's already exceptional lol

Yes! GoldenBoy is such a good caster, he does a fantastic job casting any game that he casts. He was born to cast! 

I have to say that it was pleasure to see such great commentary from Golden . Really hyped and in game . It was good move to pair him with Bravo  . Really solid pair