TheSimms

Halo 5: Guardians eSports/Arena Weapon Starts Poll

Arena Starting Weapons (constructive post gamescom thread)  

850 members have voted

1. 1. Exports/Arena Starting Weapon Choices

• Pistol + AR
    • Pistol + AR (AR nerfed)
    • Pistol + AR (Pistol patched to 4SK)
    • BR + Pistol
    • BR only
    • BR + AR
    • BR + AR (AR nerfed)
    • DMR Only / With AR (Is it viable over any of the above?)
    • Pistol Only

Because of spread / reticule movement, you can hit partial shots with burst.

With single shots, this is not the case. You either hit or you miss.

But if there is no real spread or reticle movement would it be more difficult? And if it's the same recoil every time isn't that consistent?

So I've been playing Smite and for better or for worse they balance the whole game around conquest, the main mode

Isnt Conquest the game's Vanilla mode? 

Arena was never intended to be anything but a game mode for the casuals to play and goof around in 

But if 343 was running smite, the casual settings are what the game would be balanced around and the competitive settings would be unbalanced to cater to the casuals.

Warzone is Halo 5's casual mode but I didn't see any loadouts in the Halo 5 invitationals

That is the difference between mobas and Halo. 

What?

Please stop comparing games that are built to be competitive from the ground up to a game that is built around casuals.

Smite and LoL just because these games have casual friendly features doesn't mean the Devs of these games didn't care about any competitive features. Both games are still very balance and deep enough to satisfy the needs of any competitive gamers

Why can't the Halo Multiplayer do the same? 

After people figure out that the default settings aren't competitive, because 343 never cared about that, then we will finally be able to work on better settings. But by that time Halo 5 will have faded and we can all argue about how Halo 6 needs to use as close to the default settings as possible to get viewers for tournies.

As if 343 developers are not on these forums

Pardon the horrendous english

I have no problem with the status quo, but I still think that when the dust settles, our settings will have no sprint & BR only starts.

And I'm fine with that.

Been out of the loop for months. Is the pistol 4sk?

No. They actually nerfed it from the beta. It's a 5SK, but with a slower rate of fire.

No. They actually nerfed it from the beta. It's a 5SK, but with a slower rate of fire.

They nerfed the ttk, but they buffed the usability.  Net gain for the weapon overall.

As it stands isn't the DMR just an easier to use pistol with more range? How the hell is that balanced?

You have to pick it up and there are only 1-2 per map? Map control my dude. Its pretty hard to use up close too.

How the hell is that balanced?

It's not, I'd rather the pistol be a 4sk so we can have an actual utility weapon.

They nerfed the ttk, but they buffed the usability.  Net gain for the weapon overall.

I wouldn't know until I get the weapon in my hands.

You have to pick it up and there are only 1-2 per map? Map control my dude. Its pretty hard to use up close too.

Do you know how often they spawn? Since they are a straight upgrade I think they would be on dynamic timers? And if the rifles aren't in vulnerable positions it would be impossible to retain map control and rifle control wouldn't it?

Do you know how often they spawn? Since they are a straight upgrade I think they would be on dynamic timers? And if the rifles aren't in vulnerable positions it would be impossible to retain map control and rifle control wouldn't it?

Rifles are Tier 1 so I believe they spawn either 30 or 45 seconds after pickup.

As an example Empire only has two BRs (Red and Blue Nest) and one DMR (Tower 3)

Nothing game breaking like picking up a BR in H2 SMGs

Rifles are Tier 1 so I believe they spawn either 30 or 45 seconds after pickup.

As an example Empire only has two BRs (Red and Blue Nest) and one DMR (Tower 3)

Nothing game breaking like picking up a BR in H2 SMGs

Hmm I feel like they would be more balanced on the dynamic system they use but I could be wrong. And I don't know if anything will even be as bad as H2 smg start balance so if I still played through that I can play through this.

Hmm I feel like they would be more balanced on the dynamic system they use but I could be wrong. And I don't know if anything will even be as bad as H2 smg start balance so if I still played through that I can play through this.

Just looked it up. 20 seconds after the player picks it up. Very quick so even if you were in say a 2v2 situation and the enemy has a lot of power weapons you would only have to slow the game down for 40 seconds to get two rifles for a better chance at breaking their setup.

Just looked it up. 20 seconds after the player picks it up. Very quick so even if you were in say a 2v2 situation and the enemy has a lot of power weapons you would only have to slow the game down for 40 seconds to get two rifles for a better chance at breaking their setup.

that is interesting I'm curious to see how that will play out.

that is interesting I'm curious to see how that will play out.

Yup, hopefully the weapons don't have to despawn Halo 3 style.

As far as I'm aware in Halo 2 respawn timers start after the weapon is dropped or despawns. In Halo 3 the timer starts when it's picked up but the weapon has to despawn or be dropped with no ammo.

Halo 5 sounds like it will be a true dynamic timer, the timer starts when it's picked up with no penalty.

As far as I'm aware in Halo 2 respawn timers start after the weapon is dropped or despawns. In Halo 3 the timer starts when it's picked up but the weapon has to despawn or be dropped with no ammo before it respawns.

Halo 5 sounds like it will be a true dynamic timer, the timer starts when it's picked up with no penalty.

That makes a lot more sense.

As far as I'm aware in Halo 2 respawn timers start after the weapon is dropped or despawns. In Halo 3 the timer starts when it's picked up but the weapon has to despawn or be dropped with no ammo.

Halo 3 actually had the option for it to respawn either on despawn/drop or just after X amount of time from pickup. Default maps were just setup like you said. I would assume H5 would work this way as well since as far as I remember every Halo since 3 has had that system (except H2A of course).

Halo 3 actually had the option for it to respawn either on despawn/drop or just after X amount of time from pickup. Default maps were just setup like you said. I would assume H5 would work this way as well since as far as I remember every Halo since 3 has had that system (except H2A of course).

Yeah your correct. You could set maximum run time to allow true dynamic timers in forge. It was a forced drop in MM though.