TheSimms

Halo 5: Guardians eSports/Arena Weapon Starts Poll

Arena Starting Weapons (constructive post gamescom thread)  

850 members have voted

1. 1. Exports/Arena Starting Weapon Choices

• Pistol + AR
    • Pistol + AR (AR nerfed)
    • Pistol + AR (Pistol patched to 4SK)
    • BR + Pistol
    • BR only
    • BR + AR
    • BR + AR (AR nerfed)
    • DMR Only / With AR (Is it viable over any of the above?)
    • Pistol Only

Yeah, it's not like some of us have been saying it for months.

(Piggybacking you, not responding directly to you.)

Reads blog post.

Reads tags for blog post.

"Fuck the BR"

You are an excellent person.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Been thinking a lot about this and I personally think I would prefer an increased RoF to lower the kill time by 0.2 seconds on the Pistol. This is why:
1. Pistol vs Pistol due to strafing and that the Pistol battles will be more skillful than if it was a 4sk just because you would have to hit more shots. I may be wrong on that please tell me if you disagree. 
2. Pistol vs Sniper due to increased RoF the Pistol would better contest the Sniper since it would be harder to stay in scope. 
3. Pistol vs AR and Shotgun here I believe that even though you would think it would be a better idea to use a 4sk usually people with AR's and Shotguns don't strafe very much and focus mostly on just landing their shots as that guarantees them a kill with those weapons at their ranges. Thus they usually just try to keep the range whereas the Utility weapon users usually try to increase the range. If you have the same Pistol with an increased RoF it will be very easy to spam people almost walking in straight lines toward you. 

I really want to hear your opinions on this, since I think it would work really nicely if we are using the Pistol as our utility weapon, what do you guys think?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Been thinking a lot about this and I personally think I would prefer an increased RoF to lower the kill time by 0.2 seconds on the Pistol. This is why:

1. Pistol vs Pistol due to strafing and that the Pistol battles will be more skillful than if it was a 4sk just because you would have to hit more shots. I may be wrong on that please tell me if you disagree. 

2. Pistol vs Sniper due to increased RoF the Pistol would better contest the Sniper since it would be harder to stay in scope. 

3. Pistol vs AR and Shotgun here I believe that even though you would think it would be a better idea to use a 4sk usually people with AR's and Shotguns don't strafe very much and focus mostly on just landing their shots as that guarantees them a kill with those weapons at their ranges. Thus they usually just try to keep the range whereas the Utility weapon users usually try to increase the range. If you have the same Pistol with an increased RoF it will be very easy to spam people almost walking in straight lines toward you. 

I really want to hear your opinions on this, since I think it would work really nicely if we are using the Pistol as our utility weapon, what do you guys think?

All good points. Also, the BR is known for its 4-shot, and there'll probably be a 3-shot pistol in the game, so a faster ROF is much more attainable than a 4sk Pistol.

As long as we get a decent Pistol utility for H5, then we can push for the H1 Pistol for Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reading a lot of these posts regarding wanting a pistol or AR start is just upsetting and depressing to read. People we are talking competitive halo here not a noob fest. If you're not good with the main gun and rifle in the game the BR then you should probably consider playing a different game or start a fun jumping clan. The BR has mainly been the starting weapon in almost every halo including the most popular halos ever (H2 and H3). I guarantee most of these people voting against BRs have been no where to be found competing like the rest of us in the recent halos.

My argument for casual gamers/gameplay having an easier transition to competitive halo is to make casual default halo gametypes to start with a BR. Don't destroy our competitive traditions built on years and years of gameplay and foundation.

What we really need to do to unify the BR voters is to have all players who voted BR+Pistol to switch your votes to BRs only. That will help us overcome this ar/pistol nonsense. *keep in mind there are other weapons on the map to pickup.

- Thank you

Goodnight

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 16

not sure if serious

14 + 11 + 159 + 14 = 198. There is no logic in accounting for the only other opposing utility as an option, that doesn't even make any sense. 

counting all the options with a pistol (including br + pistol), the pistol has more votes with 298 to the br's 202.

Didn't see the including BR + Pistol options because I wasn't sure why you included that as an option to account for.

Looking forward to reading the replies to this when I get out of class.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really don't get it, Pistol/AR started competitive Halo, yet people claim BR is the true comp. weapon and usually their counter argument is "well this is not HCE anymore". But how can someone support BR starts because it's a "tradition"? H5 is not like H2/3 either...

@@aKG

I totally agree on your 5sk with fast ROF thoughts!

But your a little overreacting about that "the sprint" stuff..

The BR was the starting weapon in every game (DMR for Reach) after CE simply because there was no better alternative. The Magnum ceased to exist as it had in CE, having been replaced with a weak ass airsoft gun. Had we had the option for a proper Magnum in those games, you'd be your sweet ass the community would have been clammoring for it to be the utility weapon. The MLG forums raged about it not being in Halo 2. Hell, the forums raged about the BR being the utility weapon. They raged even harder in Halo 3 when we got that sorry ass excuse for a weapon too. Citing the gun being in more games as the utility weapon is a piss poor argument when there were no alternatives to it.

Halo 2 was already a bigger hit than CE before the game even released. It wasn't because of the quality of the game, it was the hype and sensationalism. It was a marketing success, same with Halo 3. Halo CE didn't have that sort of exposure. It didn't have prior titles to piggyback off. It didn't have legions of fans anxiously awaiting its release.

Here we have an option for the first viable Pistol since CE. Here we have the option for a more skillful weapon than  the BR. Here we have an option for empowering the individual players rather than gimping them to rely on "teamshot". It's not so much a matter of appealing to casual players, as it's a matter of choosing the BETTER quality utility weapon.

You have to remember that CE has a much smaller list of niche weapons where the pistol pretty much dominated everything exactly like the other utility weapons in original trilogy halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't get it, Pistol/AR started competitive Halo, yet people claim BR is the true comp. weapon and usually their counter argument is "well this is not HCE anymore". But how can someone support BR starts because it's a "tradition"? H5 is not like H2/3 either...

@@aKG

I totally agree on your 5sk with fast ROF thoughts!

But your a little overreacting about that "the sprint" stuff..

I would be very interested in you explaining how exactly the assault rifle made competitive halo.

Apparently the CE magnum didn't cut it alone, because you made a point of mentioning Pistol/AR's.

14 + 11 + 159 + 14 = 198. There is no logic in accounting for the only other opposing utility as an option, that doesn't even make any sense. 

Didn't see the including BR + Pistol options because I wasn't sure why you included that as an option to account for.

because it's only fair to include the option for both sides if you want to compare which weapon gets more votes. it's common sense, counting it for one and not the other is a logical fallacy

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reading a lot of these posts regarding wanting a pistol or AR start is just upsetting and depressing to read. People we are talking competitive halo here not a noob fest. If you're not good with the main gun and rifle in the game the BR then you should probably consider playing a different game or start a fun jumping clan. The BR has mainly been the starting weapon in almost every halo including the most popular halos ever (H2 and H3). I guarantee most of these people voting against BRs have been no where to be found competing like the rest of us in the recent halos.

My argument for casual gamers/gameplay having an easier transition to competitive halo is to make casual default halo gametypes to start with a BR. Don't destroy our competitive traditions built on years and years of gameplay and foundation.

What we really need to do to unify the BR voters is to have all players who voted BR+Pistol to switch your votes to BRs only. That will help us overcome this ar/pistol nonsense. *keep in mind there are other weapons on the map to pickup.

- Thank you

Goodnight

You claim to have read people's responses, but if you did, you would understand why the Pistol takes more skill than the BR, and you wouldn't have written this stupid post.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Pistol in Halo 5 took way more skill to get a kill with than a BR...

but yeah.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am typing this without reading all the posts before. I dont have time these days to keep up very much. I know that the general consensus is that, because pistol is hardest to use with fast ttk, It should be starter weapon in halo 5 competitive.

I myself have not very much an opinion on what should be used but I would like to put in some thoughts I have when I hear people talk about pistol start.

Fast kill time and hard to use gun is all I am for in a game. But what will happen when you have a map full of weapons that will outgun the weapon that is suppose to be the utility weapon? The pistol will probably not win of a br, dmr, lr or carbine from a distance because the auto aim and magnetism will be better on the rifles then on the pistol so they will win gunfights at distance. I think you will get a roller coaster like Narrows TS (ar starts) was in halo 3. Every player knows to find a br when the game starts but after a while the team that keeps dying will not have riffles any more and get stuck with pistol that, yes its stronger, but will not be able to fight off the riffle team.

This is my main concern with pistol starts. And that can only be fixed by removing the rifles off the map which is silly. Then you should just make the riffles harder to use so that we are happy with them and use the pistol as it should. A sidearm

As for now I only have the feeling most want the pistol because of CE but that one worked because it was a riffle, and a pretty damn good one. But I don's see it working.

Love to know how you guys look at what I brought forth.

but yeah.

He got negged by Deez. *tips fedora*

but yeah.

Hey man - this is the internet. This is an internet forum. Get out of here with your logic and supported facts. We don't take kindly to facts and logic around here. And if you don't like how these internet forums work

1422903.jpg

i feel that using different settings then br starts only is going to be the quickest way halo 5 will die there will be people already not going to buy the game because of that alone. If you want to build a successful game off start launch the settings that have kept the game going br starts only and the best way for spectator and competitive players  to play and watch is with the br as the starting weapon. Ar and pistol are so boring to watch there's no fun in seeing that in competitive play imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i feel that using different settings then br starts only is going to be the quickest way halo 5 will die there will be people already not going to buy the game because of that alone. If you want to build a successful game off start launch the settings that have kept the game going br starts only and the best way for spectator and competitive players  to play and watch is with the br as the starting weapon. Ar and pistol are so boring to watch there's no fun in seeing that in competitive play imo. 

I am sure the game is doing to die because the Utility is harder to use. Totally the reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

yeah let me guess the few who replied you guys are die hard halo 1 players lol. To be honest tons and tons of the competitive players really don't bother to check in on forums its just not in their weekly agenda. But all it takes is a few of us comp players to rally up loads of other comp players to go vote and put there input and link them this forum. Smh campaign kids, H1 old guys, and social matchmaking players. 

• Downvote (-1) 11

yeah let me guess the few who replied you guys are die hard halo 1 players lol. To be honest tons and tons of the competitive players really don't bother to check in on forums its just not in their weekly agenda. But all it takes is a few of us comp players to rally up loads of other comp players to go vote and put there input and link them this forum. Smh campaign kids, H1 old guys, and social matchmaking players.

Using Halo 1 as an insult hahahahahahahahahahaha

What are you, 12?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1