TheSimms

Halo 5: Guardians eSports/Arena Weapon Starts Poll

Arena Starting Weapons (constructive post gamescom thread)  

850 members have voted

1. 1. Exports/Arena Starting Weapon Choices

• Pistol + AR
    • Pistol + AR (AR nerfed)
    • Pistol + AR (Pistol patched to 4SK)
    • BR + Pistol
    • BR only
    • BR + AR
    • BR + AR (AR nerfed)
    • DMR Only / With AR (Is it viable over any of the above?)
    • Pistol Only

It's as simple as changing a value which will make it a 4SK, yes. We've seen how dull the gameplay at gamescom and a lot of people believe the 4SK Pistol would solve that issue.

You can beg for Battle Rifle starts all you want but it is pretty clear their push is completely on AR/Pistol and we're trying to make that work by making the Pistol a viable weapon that a skilled-player can use to outshoot an Assault Rifle. 

The fact @@Deez has come in here and voted for an unnerfed AR/Pistol should show you how adamant they are for that, combine that with @@Sal1ent's post from a few weeks back which said the aim was AR/Pistol and boom. We're trying to make it work with what we can and trying to push for a Battle Rifle start which is a terrible weapon in Halo 5 isn't the way to go about it.

Yeah and you have seen Salient's responses to Pistol buff, kk, if you want to keep pushing that instead of the BR that's fine. I've said my piece, I'm done, let us see what 343i will bring us this time. 

It's as simple as changing a value which will make it a 4SK, yes. We've seen how dull the gameplay at gamescom and a lot of people believe the 4SK Pistol would solve that issue.

You can beg for Battle Rifle starts all you want but it is pretty clear their push is completely on AR/Pistol and we're trying to make that work by making the Pistol a viable weapon that a skilled-player can use to outshoot an Assault Rifle. 

The fact @@Deez has come in here and voted for an unnerfed AR/Pistol should show you how adamant they are for that, combine that with @@Sal1ent's post from a few weeks back which said the aim was AR/Pistol and boom. We're trying to make it work with what we can and trying to push for a Battle Rifle start which is a terrible weapon in Halo 5 isn't the way to go about it.

Simple as changing a value you say? Ok, ok, we will see

You can check yourself for god's sake just scroll up and click on the options and you will see who voted for what. We have no evidence to suggest that we are getting a 4sk pistol so why are we having it is as an option in a poll that is supposed to see the competitive community's opinion on which starting weapons should be used. Wouldn't you rather be picking from things that we know are possible at this time right now?!

You are telling me what I already know and what I was saying in my first post (I saw that Deez voted for normal Pistol/AR), and I also mentioned that the 4sk pistol and normal AR is currently winning this poll (which I also found above). Not sure why you think I don't know how to look up who voted for what based on my last two posts clearly referencing the above results.

Yes we have no evidence that we are getting one, but based on what we saw, we can easily come to the conclusion that a 4sk pistol would encourage more people to use the pistol in close-mid range scenarios instead of just going for the safe(boring to perform and watch) AR kill. Also if it was a 4sk pistol, there would be the opportunity to get 3 perfect kills before reloading which is a big deal.

Yeah and you have seen Salient's responses to Pistol buff, kk, if you want to keep pushing that instead of the BR that's fine. I've said my piece, I'm done, let us see what 343i will bring us this time. 

What do you want the dude to say on the middle of a plane over Iceland? 

"Hey guys, we're buffing the pistol without testing it at all, thanks for the feedback."

Simple as changing a value you say? Ok, ok, we will see

They've already stated that they can control weapon balancing on a gametype-level, just like 4. Modders got a hold of that pretty fast on the 360 and changed the sandbox entirely. 

It is as simple as changing a value. Obviously testing is going to require a little more time but you've got 77 days until launch, use them wisely.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I cant actually believe that the "Competitive community" that stuck around through Reach and H4, the games that in everyones eyes "killed" the community with the lack of competitiveness and how much those games swayed from traditional Halo, is now voting to have Assault Rifle starts. Halo 5 is supposed to be centered around esports and all around competitive play yet we are voting for a starting weapon that requires the least amount of skill to use. One of the coolest things in watching and competing at events is seeing who had the best BR or what team had the best team shot those aspects of competitive Halo would virtually be gone.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I cant actually believe that the "Competitive community" that stuck around through Reach and H4, the games that in everyones eyes "killed" the community with the lack of competitiveness and how much those games swayed from traditional Halo, is now voting to have Assault Rifle starts. Halo 5 is supposed to be centered around esports and all around competitive play yet we are voting for a starting weapon that requires the least amount of skill to use. One of the coolest things in watching and competing at events is seeing who had the best BR or what team had the best team shot those aspects of competitive Halo would virtually be gone.

And now we'll see which player has the best Pistol shot, the more skillful weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

wow, did you just entere a 21 page thread without reading a single post?

People mainly want a strong pistol start...

teamshot is the Halo version of AIDS

• Upvote (+1) 2

This^

Woah so you are using one game as an example? I thought EVERY eSports title had the same settings? It's a dumb argument to say that a game needs the same settings when the most popular FPS game doesn't even have it. Reach and Halo 3 both showed that vanilla settings don't make a game have a bigger crowd.

A lot of games that are big in "eSports" are close to default, no?

All FGs are played at default. Different genre of game, but none the less

"Hey guys, we're buffing the pistol without testing it at all, thanks for the feedback."

They've already stated that they can control weapon balancing on a gametype-level, just like 4. Modders got a hold of that pretty fast on the 360 and changed the sandbox entirely. 

It is as simple as changing a value. Obviously testing is going to require a little more time but you've got 77 days until launch, use them wisely.

If they can and want to pull it off then great, but I don't see them wanting too seeing as the BR is already a 4sk with 12 bullets.

Jesus christ

You clearly have no idea what's good for Halo if you think Teamshooting is a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't get me wrong, I just want a good utility weapon, I don't think the Pistol as it is does that as well as the BR does. I also want automatic weapons which require no skill whatsoever to always be the worse option between the utility weapon and the automatic weapon. If the Pistol is a 4sk that will be the case and we will attract so many viewers I believe. I pray we get that, I just don't think we will and because of that I'd rather have the BR start over the regular pistol with an AR start. I will die if we get a utility weapon that is less effective than our primary which is an AR. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You clearly have no idea what's good for Halo if you think Teamshooting is a good thing.

Guess not

wow, did you just entere a 21 page thread without reading a single post?

People mainly want a strong pistol start...

And I will put my full support behind it when i see the change to its RoF and magazine size or it becomes a 4sk. Until then I support the BR with no secondary. Watching players spray each other with AR's is snooze fest. Instead of bringing the competitive scene down to the casuals, bring the casuals up to the competitive. No playlist should have AR starts. PERIOD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And I will put my fully support behind it when i see the change is RoF and magazine size or it becomes a 4sk. Until then I support the BR with no secondary. Watching players spray each other with AR's is snooze fest. Instead of bringing the competitive scene down to the casuals, bring the casuals up to the competitive. No playlist should have AR starts. PERIOD.

I agree completely

Guess not

To explain, Teamshooting promotes less individual play due to long killtimes. You can't kill someone by yourself effectively, and it results in boring ass gameplay, ala H3 onwards.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like people are forgetting this isnt Halo 1. We have sprint, thrust, clamber, ground pound, elongated maps ect. Even with a 3sk pistol we will still need to teamshoot a guy before he sprints+thrusts around a corner......

I feel like people are forgetting this isnt Halo 1. We have sprint, thrust, clamber, ground pound, elongated maps ect. Even with a 3sk pistol we will still need to teamshoot a guy before he sprints+thrusts around a corner......

You really think so? Really? 

To explain, Teamshooting promotes less individual play due to long killtimes. You can't kill someone by yourself effectively, and it results in boring ass gameplay, ala H3 onwards.

lol kay

lol kay

Nice discussion. Talk to me when you actually bring up intellectual points instead of hiding behind a terrible Utility weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone give a solid reason why the BR is a better starting weapon than the current pistol and also the potentially buffed pistol? Even if we scratch the AR secondary (yes AR should be the secondary with pistol as primary) I would take the current Pistol over the BR. Its harder to use and kills faster...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone give a solid reason why the BR is a better starting weapon than the current pistol and also the potentially buffed pistol? Even if we scratch the AR secondary (yes AR should be the secondary with pistol as primary) I would take the current Pistol over the BR. Its harder to use and kills faster...

When would anybody use the BR? What was the point of even wasting resources making the DMR or BR?

I'd rather have a rifle skin instead of a pistol skin if it functions the same (if they can tweak it that way). 

• Upvote (+1) 2