TheSimms

Halo 5: Guardians eSports/Arena Weapon Starts Poll

Arena Starting Weapons (constructive post gamescom thread)  

850 members have voted

1. 1. Exports/Arena Starting Weapon Choices

• Pistol + AR
    • Pistol + AR (AR nerfed)
    • Pistol + AR (Pistol patched to 4SK)
    • BR + Pistol
    • BR only
    • BR + AR
    • BR + AR (AR nerfed)
    • DMR Only / With AR (Is it viable over any of the above?)
    • Pistol Only

BR is really consistent in Halo 5 as long as you hit your shots. Don't agree with that at all.

It's still too easy to use in comparison to the DMR and Magnum, while still being the weakest of the utility rifles.

Added Pistol Only no secondary at many users requests. Feel free to change your vote if its what you prefer!

havent read all pages but do we have a response from 343i yet or some indication that they take note of this?

a choice leading with almost 47% in a poll of 9 choices is pretty expressive

i mean we can continue this discussion for another 20 pages but unless 343i doesnt get notified of this the whole effort might vanish

havent read all pages but do we have a response from 343i yet or some indication that they take note of this?

i mean we can continue this discussion for another 20 pages but unless 343i doesnt get notified of this the whole effort might vanish

Deez voted AR/Pistol, so they know about these results, question is, will they think about changing something?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quinn voted for pistol/AR if you click on the people who voted above, so he's seen it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like BR + Pistol it's just what I prefer. I don't really like the AR. But if the pistol gets buffed to 4sk I wouldn't mind the AR.

So I'm too lazy to search eighteen pages of this thread, but I doubt this has been brought up.

What about this supposed Legendary Magnum they have planned?

It's fully intended to be a power weapon and not a starting weapon. It'll be balanced around that.

We also don't know how powerful it will be or if it will even be in the game.

I don't know what's worse about this post - the fact that being a fan of the most skillful halo is being used as an insult, or the fact that anyone would vote for pistol starts because of CE when the h5 pistol could hardly be more unlike it.

Still a 4sk pistol shouldn't be a vote when we don't have a 4sk pistol - pointless

Quinn voted for pistol/AR if you click on the people who voted above, so he's seen it

He voted for the regular pistol/AR not the 4sk. So can we please delete the option to vote for 4sk pistol and see what the actual opinion of the competitive community on this actually is. PLEASE

Added Pistol Only no secondary at many users requests. Feel free to change your vote if its what you prefer!

Why is a 4sk Pistol an option when we have no 4sk pistol and no evidence to suggest that we will have a 4sk pistol by the release of the game?

I would like to know why Quinn voted for Pistol/AR instead of the pistol buff? I don't know if my opinion is just clouded because of how god awful Empire TS plays with the 5sk pistol, but when I re-watch this clip at 1:51:11 http://www.twitch.tv/halo/v/10028767, I can kinda see why he thinks it doesn't need a buff. 

He voted for the regular pistol/AR not the 4sk. So can we please delete the option to vote for 4sk pistol and see what the actual opinion of the competitive community on this actually is. PLEASE

Be quiet.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Didn't say he voted for the 4sk pistol

Also I'd argue that this site caters to the more competitive players, so this poll accurately portrays what the competitive community wants after seeing recent H5 gameplay (and noticing how it could be better) (4sk is winning by a lot)

I would like to know why Quinn voted for Pistol/AR instead of the pistol buff? Just curious if he thinks Halo 5's gameplay is really entertaining to watch, as it stands. I don't know if my opinion is just clouded because of how god awful Empire TS plays with the 5sk pistol, but when I re-watch this clip at 1:53:11 http://www.twitch.tv/halo/v/10028767, I can kinda see why he thinks it doesn't need a buff. 

1. He voted for that over the buffed Pistol for obvious reasons and that is because if he voted for the buffed Pistol that would mean that he wanted it but 343 either couldn't do it, didn't want to do it or had yet to announce that they would/had do/done it or he prefers the 5SK 12 bullet Pistol we have now.

2. The time on your clip is wrong.

Still a 4sk pistol shouldn't be a vote when we don't have a 4sk pistol - pointless

So how will we get a buffed pistol if 343 doesn't know we want it? :lxthul:

1. He voted for that over the buffed Pistol for obvious reasons and that is because if he voted for the buffed Pistol that would mean that he wanted it but 343 either couldn't do it, didn't want to do it or had yet to announce that they would/had do/done it or he prefers the 5SK 12 bullet Pistol we have now.

2. The time on your clip is wrong.

My bad, I fixed the time of the clip. Btw, I know all the possible answers to this question. Maybe he genuinely thinks the 5sk pistol is fine within Halo 5's sandbox. I would like to know his reasons, straight from him.

Didn't say he voted for the 4sk pistol

Also I'd argue that this site caters to the more competitive players, so this poll accurately portrays what the competitive community wants after seeing recent H5 gameplay (and noticing how it could be better) (4sk is winning by a lot)

You can check yourself for god's sake just scroll up and click on the options and you will see who voted for what. We have no evidence to suggest that we are getting a 4sk pistol so why are we having it is as an option in a poll that is supposed to see the competitive community's opinion on which starting weapons should be used. Wouldn't you rather be picking from things that we know are possible at this time right now?!

You can check yourself for god's sake just scroll up and click on the options and you will see who voted for what. We have no evidence to suggest that we are getting a 4sk pistol so why are we having it is as an option in a poll that is supposed to see the competitive community's opinion on which starting weapons should be used. Wouldn't you rather be picking from things that we know are possible at this time right now?!

A 4SK Pistol is very possible and it's pretty clear that's what people want (and what Halo 5 needs if it insists on pushing for AR/Pistol starts).

It's up to 343 to listen to them and change the weapon. No one is going to vote for something that is considerably worse when the clear choice is a simple change away. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So how will we get a buffed pistol if 343 doesn't know we want it? :lxthul:

You do a poll on whether or not you want the Pistol to be buffed to a 4sk after we know for sure which weapons we are going to be using as starting weapons in competitive play or you do a separate poll since this should be a poll on which starting weapons we want from H5 out of the starting weapons we actually have. Am I not making sense to anyone here?

A 4SK Pistol is very possible and it's pretty clear that's what people want. 

It's up to 343 to listen to them and change the weapon. No one is going to vote for something that is considerably worse when the clear choice is a simple change away. 

Changing the damage settings on the Pistol 80 days before release is simple? Okay if it's simple I am all for it. I just don't want people's hopes to get up (INCLUDING MINE) and then we end up with regular AR&Pistol when we could have asked for something much simpler like just having the BR as a starting weapon. If you believe that most people would rather have the regular AR&Pistol over the BR start then that's great, why isn't this poll on that and not us trying to get 343 to change something much more difficult 80 days from launch?

Love how everyone can literally see Quinn Delhoyo a 343 employee vote for AR&Pistol and still no one can see the writing on the wall. Will look back at this when 343 stops keeping us in the dark about the game we will buy and compete in.

If the Magnum proves to be a capable weapon again, I see no reason why it shouldn't be the main spawning utility weapon with the BR, DMR, ect. being the supporting utility weapons that merely offer different perks based on their characteristics. As long as the Magnum (or any weapon for that matter) is not treated as a throwaway weapon and provides an ample amount of opportunity to cause damage from a recent spawn, then it should work just fine. If not, I really like the idea of LR starts in competitive play.

Changing the damage settings on the Pistol 80 days before release is simple? Okay if it's simple I am all for it. I just don't want people's hopes to get up (INCLUDING MINE) and then we end up with regular AR&Pistol when we could have asked for something much simpler like just having the BR as a starting weapon. If you believe that most people would rather have the regular AR&Pistol over the BR start then that's great, why isn't this poll on that and not us trying to get 343 to change something much more difficult 80 days from launch?

It's as simple as changing a value which will make it a 4SK, yes. We've seen how dull the gameplay at gamescom and a lot of people believe the 4SK Pistol would solve that issue.

You can beg for Battle Rifle starts all you want but it is pretty clear their push is completely on AR/Pistol and we're trying to make that work by making the Pistol a viable weapon that a skilled-player can use to outshoot an Assault Rifle. 

The fact @@Deez has come in here and voted for an unnerfed AR/Pistol should show you how adamant they are for that, combine that with @@Sal1ent's post from a few weeks back which said the aim was AR/Pistol and boom. We're trying to make it work with what we can and trying to push for a Battle Rifle start which is a terrible weapon in Halo 5 isn't the way to go about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You do a poll on whether or not you want the Pistol to be buffed to a 4sk after we know for sure which weapons we are going to be using as starting weapons in competitive play or you do a separate poll since this should be a poll on which starting weapons we want from H5 out of the starting weapons we actually have. Am I not making sense to anyone here?

and most of the voters want a buffed pistol as a starting weapon, if Simms wanted to do a poll about possible starting weapons in their current state he would have done it but he also included some possible variants...