TheSimms

Halo 5: Guardians eSports/Arena Weapon Starts Poll

Arena Starting Weapons (constructive post gamescom thread)  

850 members have voted

1. 1. Exports/Arena Starting Weapon Choices

• Pistol + AR
    • Pistol + AR (AR nerfed)
    • Pistol + AR (Pistol patched to 4SK)
    • BR + Pistol
    • BR only
    • BR + AR
    • BR + AR (AR nerfed)
    • DMR Only / With AR (Is it viable over any of the above?)
    • Pistol Only

Using "H1 Fanboy" as an insult? You must be a sophisticated person.

If i insulted anyone then my words arent the problem. I wasnt trying to insult anyone, i was just speaking the truth. If anyone gets insulted by "h1 fanboy" then they really have some issues in life.

The pistol isnt the problem its the fact that its has to have a rate of fire buff instead. My point isnt that its the most skill but that everyone who loved h1 just wants a carbon copy of the pistol. If its a 4sk then its need to have a lower rate of fire. I'm fine with pistol/ar starts but im sure 343i knows what they are doing or else it would be different.

The starting weapon needs to be a utility weapon. As it is now the pistol is outclasses by too many things. With a 4sk it will be a viable option and a better utility weapon. It would be pointless to lower the RoF if we make it a 4sk because then the ttk wouldn't really change. Even if the Ce fans vote it because they love CE it's still the most skillful starting weapon.

If i insulted anyone then my words arent the problem. I wasnt trying to insult anyone, i was just speaking the truth. If anyone gets insulted by "h1 fanboy" then they really have some issues in life.

You typed H1 Fanboys in a negative connotation. We know you have beef with the fact that H1 is the GOAT Halo game, chill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The 4 shots pistol vote is of coarse going to get the votes when everyone on this site is a h1 fanboy. This whole post is very biased.

*course

Now that that's out of the way, I have very little experience with H1 but I recognize that it was a great competitive game. So I hardly qualify as a "h1 fanboy". I voted AR/Pistol starts because:

1. Burst weapons are too inconsistent for competitive play.

2. I recognize that the pistol is a very skill based weapon that has a chance to widen the shooting gap much further than any of the precision rifles could.

Is it such a crazy idea that people are voting AR/Pistol for these reasons?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You typed H1 Fanboys in a negative connotation. We know you have beef with the fact that H1 is the GOAT Halo game, chill.

Thats just how you took it lmao and "WHATEVER YOU SAY MAN". You just proved my point lol

To anyone who voted for the 4sk pistol/ar start, what's your plan B if they don't buff the pistol? If they don't make the pistol a 4sk, do you still want the pistol as a starting weapon? Is pistol/ar start even an option if its not buffed? 

So I'm too lazy to search eighteen pages of this thread, but I doubt this has been brought up.

What about this supposed Legendary Magnum they have planned?

Yeah a 4sk pistol will ruin it as a power weapon if it exists. I really wouldn't see myself running out of the way to get a 3sk magnum for anything except nostalgia.

The 4 shots pistol vote is of coarse going to get the votes when everyone on this site is a h1 fanboy. This whole post is very biased.

No. A 4 shot pistol is getting the majority of votes because it's legitimately the best way to go with the game from the options in the poll. However on the flip side, it is the only precision weapon receiving special treatment in regards to being changed to make it the best option in the poll and one could easily look at the BR or DMR and offer up changes to make them the most suitable utility.

at this point this forum will never come to an agreement :walshy:

so why not bring this up 

IMO we should really look at halo 5 more like a classic arena shooter than we do a halo game, as thats what 343's direction for the competitive sandbox is leaning towards.Right now it seems 343i is trying to push for all the weapons in the sandbox to be used, not ignored, which I don't see a problem with. The real problem lies in the weapon placement, and how many weapons are on the map.

If we have 2 alternate utility weapons (preferably the LR, or carbine), an SMG, and some other tier 3 power weapons on the map. I think thats a nice blend to have on the map without making if feel cluttered or random. This paired with AR (4sks) pistol starts and we have a good, fun to watch halo game 

• Upvote (+1) 1

To anyone who voted for the 4sk pistol/ar start, what's your plan B if they don't buff the pistol? If they don't make the pistol a 4sk, do you still want the pistol as a starting weapon? Is pistol/ar start even an option if its not buffed? 

If they nerf the autos a bit, AR + Pistol will be fine. If not, Pistol only for me. 

From watching the gamescom footage, Pistol did fine against BRs & DMRs. The main problem (in my eyes) were the autos. 

Thats just how you took it lmao and "WHATEVER YOU SAY MAN". You just proved my point lol

All I have proved is that you're a moron

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why are we still talking about this? Stop. We're spamming the forums with irrelevant bickering. It's not interesting for people to read. Let's stick to Halo and stop now. Seriously. 

You've recently insulted many people for no good reason, and you're basically justifying yourself by telling them to deal with it.

You aren't improving your attitude, you're still just as toxic as you were before.

Your comment says that the poll is biased because "everyone" on the site is a CE fanboy. It's insulting because you're implying that the only reason why AR + Pistol starts are chosen is because it's voted by fan-boys, when in reality, there are plenty of things going for it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pretty sure all CE "fanboys" have a bad reputation cause of Batchford  :lxthul:

I still consider him a H3 kid  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 4

All I have proved is that you're a moron

You didn't prove anything. So you're saying I'm a moron for not having the same opinion as you? You're really going that route dude lol. People like you are why i rarely visit this site. You took what i said offensive which is really sad. I'm assuming you get insulted easily then.

• Downvote (-1) 3

If they nerf the autos a bit, AR + Pistol will be fine. If not, Pistol only for me. 

From watching the gamescom footage, Pistol did fine against BRs & DMRs. The main problem (in my eyes) were the autos. 

That's the problem I see though, I honestly don't see 343 nerfing any of the auto weapons. I feel like there using the AR/SMG as weapons to bring more people to Halo, so they have to be powerful. Which is why I disagree with the AR as a starting weapon for HCS. The other Arena playlists though I'm completely fine with it.

I don't see why the pistol can't satisfy the CQC and medium range categories being 4SK with reduced range and having a BR for longer range battles to start with. 

The only aspect that the BR out-ranges the pistol in is magnification level (2x for the BR, 1.5x for the Magnum if I'm not mistaken). In terms of practicality once players have gotten used to the pistol there's no way it won't have the higher effective range; it's got speed and consistency in its favour.

Personally if 4sk Magnum/AR isn't an option I'd prefer just Magnum starts but wouldn't be too bothered by AR/Magnum until some form of metagame coalesced and it would be more obvious as to whether or not the AR is an issue, at which point I'd go right back to advocating pistols only.

Even if it stays a 5sk I firmly believe that it's still the best starting weapon we've got.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I know is the BR starts during the beta made me yawn, and just seeing BR only starts is pretty yawn these days. It'll lead to the same thing, 8 people shooting each other with BRs and power weapons for 10 mins every game. Sure it's competitive, but may get boring both in visual and audio for spectators. Even League of Legends was getting pretty stale when it was only 2-3 champs being played in each role. Variety makes for nice eye candy in an eSports game, and this is what they're going for with Halo 5. Halo was always about fighting over map control and weapon control, I dont care if it's a sniper or DMR I want em fighting over as much as possible:) Also if it really sucks that bad they can always change it later, but I'm definitely interested in seeing how it works for this game. 

I don't like BR starts either, although I would still take those over AR starts in competitive. As a viewer, I'd rather see people start with a weapon that they'd want to upgrade as soon as possible (but would still be viable for outgunning a lesser skilled player with tiered weapons in most situations) because I want to see the players move around and contest the power weapons as much as possible. If pistol only was an option, I'd choose that, but a 4sk pistol is a good option.

So . . . I agree, I think?

You didn't prove anything. So you're saying I'm a moron for not having the same opinion as you? You're really going that route dude lol. People like you are why i rarely visit this site. You took what i said offensive which is really sad. I'm assuming you get insulted easily then.

Sorry, but you labeled everyone who voted AR/Pistol "H1 Fanboys". I am not calling you a moron for not wanting AR/Magnum, I am calling you a moron for labelling people who want a skillful utility. AR needs it's effective range nerfed though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seriously? You're getting defensive?

Dude, you insulted someone, and when approached with that fact, you stooped down to flaming them.

Just admit you were wrong and move on. It's not that hard.

The only aspect that the BR out-ranges the pistol in is magnification level (2x for the BR, 1.5x for the Magnum if I'm not mistaken). In terms of practicality once players have gotten used to the pistol there's no way it won't have the higher effective range; it's got speed and consistency in its favour.

Personally if 4sk Magnum/AR isn't an option I'd prefer just Magnum starts but wouldn't be too bothered by AR/Magnum until some form of metagame coalesced and it would be more obvious as to whether or not the AR is an issue, at which point I'd go right back to advocating pistols only.

Even if it stays a 5sk I firmly believe that it's still the best starting weapon we've got.

Well I think the BR should be buffed in terms of TTK as well. I think the pistol should be the go to CQC with a higher ttk at short and medium ranges but lack any sort of range to balance it out.

I think the precision rifles are key. Most people don't mind seeing a pistol but I think having these awesome looking rifles should be utilized. It's more of an aesthetic thing. I want to hold a rifle, especially since I think it's badass looking :P

0480a42283b17a473ab87c570578e337.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Better at you in both games tho

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gun is too easy to use, and 3 burst weapons are too inconsistent kill time wise to be considered a utility weapon. The AR was broken in the Beta, yet I STILL preferred that over BR starts.

BR is really consistent in Halo 5 as long as you hit your shots. Don't agree with that at all.

I don't know what's worse about this post - the fact that being a fan of the most skillful halo is being used as an insult, or the fact that anyone would vote for pistol starts because of CE when the h5 pistol could hardly be more unlike it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1