TheSimms

Halo 5: Guardians eSports/Arena Weapon Starts Poll

Arena Starting Weapons (constructive post gamescom thread)  

850 members have voted

1. 1. Exports/Arena Starting Weapon Choices

• Pistol + AR
    • Pistol + AR (AR nerfed)
    • Pistol + AR (Pistol patched to 4SK)
    • BR + Pistol
    • BR only
    • BR + AR
    • BR + AR (AR nerfed)
    • DMR Only / With AR (Is it viable over any of the above?)
    • Pistol Only

Ridiculous how many want Pistol/AR starts. AR should never be in the starting weapons. Pistol only (not 4 shot) would be alright, but ultimately BR starts would and almost always have been the best way to start a competitive Halo match.

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

BR starts and Competitive should not be in the same sentence.

What's the problem with it? Everyone loved when 343 updated the beta to give us BR starts for a couple weeks.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You seem to pay a lot of attention to me. You secretly have a man crush on me. Get a girlfriend. You're online too much

Also you support BR starts. The fuck out of here.

Yeah, but it's not as good as an unmoderated section like a lot of other forums have where people just go at it. It literally is the only gem missing from these forums. 

Look at some of your posts recently which have been negged and probably a few removed. Your attitude stinks and an unmoderated section would just cause you to call everyone pathetic and sad when they have a differing opinion from you.

It's simple - debate and discuss cleanly or don't do it at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's the problem with it? Everyone loved when 343 updated the beta to give us BR starts for a couple weeks.

Gun is too easy to use, and 3 burst weapons are too inconsistent kill time wise to be considered a utility weapon. The AR was broken in the Beta, yet I STILL preferred that over BR starts.

Look at some of your posts recently which have been negged and probably a few removed. Your attitude stinks and an unmoderated section would just cause you to call everyone pathetic and sad when they have a differing opinion from you.

It's simple - debate and discuss cleanly or don't do it at all.

Sorry. I'm not the one going at anybody. If people want to come at me and dish it out, I'm not going to bend over. If anything I say bothers or offends you, please forgive me. I have nothing but respect for you dudes. What I don't have respect for people that are supporting the downfall of Halo or anybody who comes at me with petty school yard insults over the internet because of their immunity for me to truck them in the face. To them, I couldn't care less. Also understand my frustration with the Halo franchise itself and the last 5 years growing sick of stupidity that never needed to happen.

I will take the chill pill as you please though and try to hold my tongue more. 

Respect  :halo:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Gun is too easy to use, and 3 burst weapons are too inconsistent kill time wise to be considered a utility weapon. The AR was broken in the Beta, yet I STILL preferred that over BR starts.

The 3 burst has always been annoying, but I didn't think it was as much of a problem in this game. Still, a pistol start would be fine with me. No way I want the AR in those starting weapons, though.

Before gamescom I was very 'competitive MUST have BR start' now I'm of the mind it must have Pistol starts to leave things like BR and SMGs as power/situational weapon choices for the users to pick up at thier discretion.

I think 100% Pistol only starts would also work but I think having that back pocket AR for utility is a great thing just for close combat and sticky situations but for sure it needs a nerf on power/range. I also love the idea of this 3 kills 1 clip idea from a 4SK setting, grabbing a triple kill with 1 clip should be as hard and skillfull as hitting 3 180's in a row in a game of darts. If we can make it even harder to aim to increase that gunskill gap and maybe slightly slow down the RoF to compensate for a 4SK setting I think Pistol + AR is without question the way forward and extremely balanced leaving the other weapons at users disposal to make use of how they see fit!

It also in thoery gives DMR/BR/SMG more purpose because it will give them a real need in certain maps and set ups and I'll look for people going to certain weapon/areas to lock down off the spawn. Kind of like how cod has AR/SMG players i think we'll see more individual play by players looking to secure a DMR and support/assist across map, grab SMG and lock down a certain area for defensive reasons. So much more diversity is going to open up imo.

Now I've thought about it more and read some more comments I gotta say I agree with 4SK pistol start with the back pocket AR but have it nerfed. I love BRs and don't enjoy using ARs but I guess that's just bias.

-Slight Nerf to AR not much

-Possibly Slight Nerf to SMG if any Nerf

-Keep Pistol 5 Shot just up the fire rate slightly

-No AR/Pistol starts - For spawn trapping reasons

-(just imagine respawning with AR's and Pistols and the other team has BR's/DMR's/SMG's) #raped

-Not being able to break spawn traps because of starting weapons is a no no

-BR/Pistol Starts

-quite a few of AR's placed on map

-A little less BR's

-And a little less DMR's than BR's

-But definitely DMR faster kill at long range

-BR faster kill close to medium range

-(I also would say BR starts over AR because gun skill comes more into play)

• Upvote (+1) 1

The pistol should have the same RRR as the DMR so it is a utility weapon that can beat a DmR user at range in skilled hands. However, the DMR should have slightly more AA. This will make it an easier alternative in long range with it's only benefits being farther zoom and ease of use.

Pistol + AR (Pistol patched to 4SK)?!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Sorry. I'm not the one going at anybody. If people want to come at me and dish it out, I'm not going to bend over. If anything I say bothers or offends you, please forgive me. I have nothing but respect for you dudes. What I don't have respect for people that are supporting the downfall of Halo or anybody who comes at me with petty school yard insults over the internet because of their immunity for me to truck them in the face. To them, I couldn't care less. Also understand my frustration with the Halo franchise itself and the last 5 years growing sick of stupidity that never needed to happen.

I will take the chill pill as you please though and try to hold my tongue more. 

Respect  :halo:

Yeah... I think there's a lot of people you need to apologize to before you can say that you're simply defending yourself.

My opinion here, didn't vote because I'd be okay with only a 4sk pistol as the starting weapon. The ar is too strong right now to start with and if it would get nerfed all I see any cqc battle using ars is a trade. Wouldn't mind it as a pickup weapon tho.

But if we have to have 2 starting weapons. I would pick the pistol and br.

I'm just not a fan of a point and spray gun being a starting weapon.

Yeah... I think there's a lot of people you need to apologize to before you can say that you're simply defending yourself.

I'll never apologize to anybody. Not my thing. If what I said offends anybody they can get over it. I regret nothing. So move on or dwell on it. Your choice. Note, I am not attacking you or belittling you. It's a forum, I speak my mind. I'll chill out by request of the mods but I feel no need to take back anything I say. If I did I wouldn't say it in the first place. <3

• Downvote (-1) 3

So I'm too lazy to search eighteen pages of this thread, but I doubt this has been brought up.

What about this supposed Legendary Magnum they have planned?

The 4 shots pistol vote is of coarse going to get the votes when everyone on this site is a h1 fanboy. This whole post is very biased.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The 4 shots pistol vote is of coarse going to get the votes when everyone on this site is a h1 fanboy. This whole post is very biased.

The pistol is the most skilled starting weapon out of the bunch. That's why we picked it.

I'll never apologize to anybody. Not my thing. If what I said offends anybody they can get over it. I regret nothing. So move on or dwell on it. Your choice. Note, I am not attacking you or belittling you. It's a forum, I speak my mind. I'll chill out by request of the mods but I feel no need to take back anything I say. If I did I wouldn't say it in the first place. <3

So what you're saying is that it's fine to insult someone if you're defending yourself, but if you personally insult someone, they should deal with it and move on?

How the hell is that not the epitome toxic behavior?

So what you're saying is that it's fine to insult someone if you're defending yourself, but if you personally insult someone, they should deal with it and move on?

Why are we still talking about this? Stop. We're spamming the forums with irrelevant bickering. It's not interesting for people to read. Let's stick to Halo and stop now. Seriously. 

So I'm too lazy to search eighteen pages of this thread, but I doubt this has been brought up.

What about this supposed Legendary Magnum they have planned?

Maybe that is why Quinn voted pistol AR instead of 4SK?!?!?! 

:intel:  :intel:  :intel:  :intel:  :intel:  :intel:

Forreal, I hope the magnum is a thing. *crosses fingers*

• Downvote (-1) 2

Using "H1 Fanboy" as an insult? You must be a sophisticated person.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The pistol is the most skilled starting weapon out of the bunch. That's why we picked it.

The pistol isnt the problem its the fact that its has to have a rate of fire buff instead. My point isnt that its the most skill but that everyone who loved h1 just wants a carbon copy of the pistol. If its a 4sk then its need to have a lower rate of fire. I'm fine with pistol/ar starts but im sure 343i knows what they are doing or else it would be different.

The 3 burst has always been annoying, but I didn't think it was as much of a problem in this game. Still, a pistol start would be fine with me. No way I want the AR in those starting weapons, though.

The secondary starting weapon could be a shotgun and the delusional CE kids would still vote it as long as the primary is a pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After watching some gamplay, I was very shocked that 343i would even consider making pistol/ar the default, with no BR starts, and I'm even more surprised to find this community voting this way.

I'm actually very eager for people to counter my points here to try and make me understand.

So, I get the basic theory of it. BR starts only happened because of the useless smg, and like wise useless AR in Halo 3. The BR provided a gun which created a larger skill gap to actually use, rather than having to get within 5 feet of someone everytime and melee them.

And so, I appreciate now that the pistol actually takes some skill to use, and reduced to a 4 shot would have an adequate kill time.

Here's the thing though - surely the limited range matters? As much as Halo 4 sucks, it too has a fairly decent pistol, and if reduced to 4 shots it would have a pretty lethul kill time. But I cannot 'fathom' trying to use the pistol at any more than close range in the same way as a BR. Before you counter me with the CE pistol - be fair, that really was lethul. 3 shots, no other non power weapon better than it...that was in a different league.

I can just imagine too many scenarios where trying to pistol people is going to be cringy and embarrassing to watch and frustrating to play. Combat will naturally become much more CQB and trying to kill someone even at a medium distance will be near impossible if they are any good - mistakes will not be punished in the same fashion that they are now. Imagine trying to shoot someone with your pistol from turret to carbine on sanctuary. Or Gold to S3 guardian. P3 to carbine on Midship. The list just goes on, the situations will totally and utterly change and I'm just not at all convinced it would be for the better. 

I genuinely would like someone to tell me why I'm wrong, right now I just can't see it!

• Upvote (+1) 3