Sign in to follow this  
cookies4you

Halo 5 Weapon Kill Times

Nah, I'm good with kill times that are in between OP and useless.  :bravo:

You are good with kill times, where everyone as a player, is useless. 

Halo 3?

/snicker

Except since Halo 3 has long kill times you can utilize your grenades and equipment to get more than one kill right after each other. The more power weapons you have, that one shots kill, the more powerful you are(That is, if you can utilize them. Halo 3 has the hardest sniper, rocket and such after all). 

You see, the middle is not a good spot to be. You can't use grenades, and you can't just mow them down with your gun either. 

Except since Halo 3 has long kill times you can utilize your grenades and equipment to get more than one kill right after each other. The more power weapons you have, that one shots kill, the more powerful you are(That is, if you can utilize them. Halo 3 has the hardest sniper, rocket and such after all).

You see, the middle is not a good spot to be. You can't use grenades, and you can't just mow them down with your gun either.

Hardest sniper? It's comparable to H1 in scope but H3 was super easy for no scoping.

Hardest sniper? It's comparable to H1 in scope but H3 was super easy for no scoping.

We know that's not true. 

Surely, no sniper is hard to noscope with if you are playing against players standing still. 

You do know every sniper has no AA while no scoping right?

You do know every sniper has no AA while no scoping right?

Halo 1, 2, and 2A are the only ones to feature no aim assist at all when unscoped. Halo 3 doesn't have much, but it's there. Halo Reach has a bit more, and Halo 4 has a very noticeable amount.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 1, 2, and 2A are the only ones to feature no aim assist at all when unscoped. Halo 3 doesn't have much, but it's there. Halo Reach has a bit more, and Halo 4 has a very noticeable amount.

None of the games has any aim assist unscoped. 

The games have various amounts of magnetism, and Halo 3 is the game with the least, or the second least. 

But, it's not only about aim assist and magnetism.. It's about the zoom, the spartan models, the glitches and the aiming system itself. 

I don't know the technical details but I have played Halo for a long ass time. Starting with Halo 3 it became easier and easier to no scope.

I don't know the technical details but I have played Halo for a long ass time. Starting with Halo 3 it became easier and easier to no scope.

It's definitely easier to no scope in H2 drag sniping in that game was horrendous

If true these kill times are horrible. Go all in or go back 343, don't stop at the middle.

You either need kill times that are so fast you can just mow down anyone, or you need kill times that are slow, so you can use grenades and other equipment to help you mow down people.

If you stop at the middle the kill times are too slow to mow down people, and they are too fast to the point where you can't use grenades to support yourself.

Use a turret.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Minor update.

I decided to go back and review some beta footage to collect weapon kill times.

As it turns out, both the Battle Rifle and the DMR have the exact same kill times that they did in the Beta.

The Magnum however, is very different.

The Beta Magnum's kill time is actually 0.9333 seconds, in comparison to the current Magnum's 1.2.

Minor update.

I decided to go back and review some beta footage to collect weapon kill times.

As it turns out, both the Battle Rifle and the DMR have the exact same kill times that they did in the Beta.

The Magnum however, is very different.

The Beta Magnum's kill time is actually 0.9333 seconds, in comparison to the current Magnum's 1.2.

Interesting. Though the beta Pistol was only a 5sk if all shots were headshots, I think. 

Interesting. Though the beta Pistol was only a 5sk if all shots were headshots, I think. 

Nope.

4 body shots, 1 headshot, just like every other precision weapon.

Nope.

4 body shots, 1 headshot, just like every other precision weapon.

Actually...

The Magnum's damage in the Beta was weaker if you hit body shots. It made the KT inaccurate if you didn't bother aiming for the head. Thankfully, its damage is uniform afterwards.

It just needs to be 4sk, or its RoF faster.

Actually...

The Magnum's damage in the Beta was weaker if you hit body shots. It made the KT inaccurate if you didn't bother aiming for the head. Thankfully, its damage is uniform afterwards.

Whoops, I forgot that 343 buffed the Pistol's damage after the Beta.

I analyzed several videos of the Halo 5 MP builds being run at Gamescom. Here are the TTKs (time to kills) of the weapons.

All of the videos were in 1080p at 60 FPS.

1. Magnum / Pistol : ~1.2

The Magnum was the first weapon I checked. After firing a shot, there's a delay of 20 frames before it can be fired again. In total, there's 80 frames of delay, which converts into 1.2 seconds.

Its reload animation takes 54 frames (0.9 seconds) before the magazine is filled and 12 frames (0.2 seconds) for the weapon go back to rest, for a full reload of 66 (1.1 seconds).

In comparison, the Beta Magnum had a kill time of 0.933 seconds.

How does 80 frames of delay translate to 1.2 seconds? That should be 1.33 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How does 80 frames of delay translate to 1.2 seconds? That should be 1.33 seconds.

How many shots to kill is the magnum?

Looks good OP -- seems a bit fast though? I'll have to crunch numbers myself sometime. Also the magnum which according your own numbers should be 1.33 (80/60).

Looks good OP -- seems a bit fast though? I'll have to crunch numbers myself sometime. Also the magnum which according your own numbers should be 1.33 (80/60).

Oh, are you the Reddit guy?

Edit. Whoops​, using IE broke my comment.

Probably a typo somewhere. My video player is broken at the moment.

I'm not the reddit guy, no (we are twins though). I was just talking to him and he says you're counting short by a frame with every shot.

I think a key thing we are overlooking about the AR is the ttk with a melee. How many bullets need to hit before you can punch someone to kill them. The actual ttk if the AR is kinda pointless since spraying it isn't very effective. My biggest concern is how quickly it can kill with a beat down. Watching Ninja play H3 and seeing him spray and punch a guy who has a BR out is exactly what I'm worried about in H5.

I'm not the reddit guy, no (we are twins though). I was just talking to him and he says you're counting short by a frame with every shot.

I decided to go back and check, using the ammo counter as a basis instead of the firing animation.

Frame A = First frame where a shot in the ammo counter darkens (or begins darkening)

Frame B = The next instance of the ammo counter darkening

I simply counted all frames between A and B, including A, excluding B.

The results were the same.

Furthermore, when I checked my method with the Halo 4 video your brother asked me to use, I got the same exact results as the kill times that were listed on the chart you made a while back. 1.777777 seconds for the Battle Rifle, and when used with a Reach video, 1.6 seconds.

One of the first things I did was use my method on a Halo CE video, where I got 0.6 seconds as a kill time. When I retested it using the ammo counter method, I also got 0.6 seconds.