Sign in to follow this  
cookies4you

Halo 5 Weapon Kill Times

People are saying it on the forums. 

What? It's the first time I'm hearing this...

The only thing that I know of that makes aiming easier is that they removed flinch

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a casual, and I am all for 1.4-1.5 seconds kill times. 

high killtime are heavily favouring team-shooting

the element of individual skill vanishes more and more the higher the killtimes become

as a single player you will find yourself less and less capable of beating two opponents at the same time without the use of additional gear like grenades, heavy weapons or powerups

with high killtimes you stand the chance to beat two players facing you with your default gun (pistol, br, dmr)

with low kill times your opponents have too much time to react and get their aim on spot, you wont see them miss much shots unlike with fast killtimes that require fast and good aim

just imagine H3 killtimes but with sprint, everyone will just head for shelter before you can shoot enough bullets

therefore from a competitive point of view killtimes should not be too high

just take CE as an example, it has the fastest killtimes and is also regarded as the most competitive Halo (along with a few other reasons tbh)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People are saying it on the forums.

Naah bro, all I've read has been almost the opposite. We will all just have to wait until the game drops to know how it feels.

Let's not use kill times from pre-patch Halo 4 for comparison.

they still placed last post-patch anyway

Naah bro, all I've read has been almost the opposite. We will all just have to wait until the game drops to know how it feels.

How many times has that fucked us over. Todays tournament at gamescom will have to be closely analyzed. We have to ensure lots of things are fixed pre-launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many times has that fucked us over. Todays tournament at gamescom will have to be closely analyzed. We have to ensure lots of things are fixed pre-launch.

I understand, but you also have to realize the game they are playing is a build from May. So things may have changed since then... Still doesn't change the fact we don't know until we play the game ourselves.

Why the fuck are they playing a three month old build at a tournament? Makes zero sense to me.

Why the fuck are they playing a three month old build at a tournament? Makes zero sense to me.

It's probably a stable build.

With a lot of developers, you typically have an experimental build for adding new and potentially buggy code and a stable build to either fall back upon or for testers to use.

Once the experimental build gets its bugs ironed out, it becomes another stable build and the cycle repeats.

For instance, both Dota 2 and League of Legends have experiment builds that you can opt into for the latest updates and changes. In my case, I've participated in both Dota 2's Betas and LoL's PBE.

• Upvote (+1) 3

To be fair, Ryanoob thought H4 was as good as H2. Let's not take the pro's words for it.

:lol:

Would you rather the game crash every five minutes?

Would you rather the game crash every five minutes?

I guess you have a point, but three months? It cannot take that long to make the game run steadily if there was already a public beta on the same engine

Edit: thanks @@cookies4you I get it now.

Dude, ask any of the pros who play the game, and they'll tell you it's the hardest since CE.

aim-wise.

To be fair, Ryanoob thought H4 was as good as H2. Let's not take the pro's words for it.

You use the word "thought" in the past tense. Ryanoob has made it clear that he is of the opinion that halo 4 is the best halo game yet in terms of game mechanics- he holds this opinion now.

Let's definitely not take the pro's word for anything, and let's not assume halo 5 will be better than halo 4 simply because there are some pros playtesting the game.

It's not opinion, it's factual evidence that longer killtimes promote more teamshooting, which equals to less individualism. I'm not gonna get into a full blown discussion in this thread.

Actually it's self evident.

needs comparison to other Halos imo

overall the times are still too high imo, something between 0,8-1,0 would be the sweet spot imo to cater towards the hardcore as well as the casuals

156e3hl.jpg

Lmao

This is amazing 

Update!

I finally added the DMR.

I also added the reload times for the Magnum, BR, and DMR.

As it turns out, the Magnum reloads extremely quickly.​​

• Upvote (+1) 1

Update!

I finally added the DMR.

I also added the reload times for the Magnum, BR, and DMR.

As it turns out, the Magnum reloads extremely quickly.​​

Had a feeling the DMR was a bit strong... with that range it shouldn't kill as quickly as the Pistol @Sal1ent 

Had a feeling the DMR was a bit strong... with that range it shouldn't kill as quickly as the Pistol @Sal1ent 

In my earlier analysis, I actually found that the Magnum had a quicker firing animation as well (3 frames versus the DMR's 5 frames), but I was finding inconsistent evidence throughout other videos.

However, I did notice that the professionals were alternating between 18 frame and 19 frame shot delays, meaning that the DMR is either very hard to use or the weapon itself has some sort of firing cap mechanism.

If we use a 19 frame delay, the TTK lowers to ~1.266 seconds.

If true these kill times are horrible. Go all in or go back 343, don't stop at the middle. 

You either need kill times that are so fast you can just mow down anyone, or you need kill times that are slow, so you can use grenades and other equipment to help you mow down people. 

If you stop at the middle the kill times are too slow to mow down people, and they are too fast to the point where you can't use grenades to support yourself. 

• Downvote (-1) 5

If true these kill times are horrible. Go all in or go back 343, don't stop at the middle. 

You either need kill times that are so fast you can just mow down anyone, or you need kill times that are slow, so you can use grenades and other equipment to help you mow down people. 

If you stop at the middle the kill times are too slow to mow down people, and they are too fast to the point where you can't use grenades to support yourself. 

Nah, I'm good with kill times that are in between OP and useless.  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I rather have faster kill times than the slow kill speeds of the last 4 halo games. It's not Halo 1 fast but it's a start. This is a vast improvement over Halo 4 slow speeds.