Sign in to follow this  
Simplicityyy

Anyone have Windows 10 yet, or wil be getting it? How is it so far?

I have my free upgrade ready to download soon as MS sends me the download que, but Id like to know who amongst you has it/will get it and what you think so far?

PS: I really want to try out Cortana :P

I haven't pre ordered it or anything so I don't think I'm getting that notification to upgrade any time soon

Its not if you preorder it, but if you already have Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, then you go to MSs website and reserve your free copy. Thats what I did. You have one year exact (from 7/29/15) to get it for free before you have to pay for it.

Its not if you preorder it, but if you already have Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, then you go to MSs website and reserve your free copy. Thats what I did. You have one year exact (from 7/29/15) to get it for free before you have to pay for it.

ooh alright I'll try it

Pretty good. I'd say a solid improvement over 7 with it's UI improvements, increased performance, low memory usage, Cortana, etc. Definitely my desktop OS of choice at the moment. All of my old programs that I've tested so far seem to work just fine without new compatibility issues arising. There seems to be far fewer little bugs than there were than in 8.1, which surprised me due to the large presence of them up until around the last month of the technical preview.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Loving it. Pretty much took all the good things of Windows 7 and Windows 8 and left behind all the terrible ones with a very easy to use interface. Cortana is godlike. Haven't ran into any issues with games or apps not working (other than the Windows 10 store app but apparently everyone is having issues at the moment). Nice interface for multiple monitors if you want to have dual task bars.

Other than having to download and install another inital update after installation to get my 4 Monitors to work again oppose to just 1, I've been loving it so far. A very powerful operating system that can only get more powerful by adding in a Windows Tablet and/or Windows Phone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sticking to Win 7.

Any reason to why? I thought about that as well, but I have used Windows 7 for over 5 years. I figured its time to move on to something new.

For context, I hated Windows 8 with a passion.

Besides not having figured out how to make the "Search the web and Windows" box smaller, I find it to be at least on par with Windows 7 in terms of UI quality and the performance improvement is impressive.

So far, I'm happy with my decision to upgrade.

Edit: Everything is faster. Significantly so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any reason to why? I thought about that as well, but I have used Windows 7 for over 5 years. I figured its time to move on to something new.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

I'll wait until it has been tested by the masses and ALL of the kinks are ironed out.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

I'll wait until it has been tested by the masses and ALL of the kinks are ironed out.

Gosh...that phrase has been beaten to death like a dead horse :P Im starting to hate it :wutface:

Software is always broken in ways, just to let you know.

Then you will be waiting a while. ;)

For context, I hated Windows 8 with a passion.

Besides not having figured out how to make the "Search the web and Windows" box smaller, I find it to be at least on par with Windows 7 in terms of UI quality and the performance improvement is impressive.

So far, I'm happy with my decision to upgrade.

Edit: Everything is faster. Significantly so.

I have heard good and bad things about Windows 8. But I am happy you enjoyed 7. I really like Windows 7...it reminds me of a massively upgraded and far more powerful version of XP...XP was dah boss back then.

Is Win8 worse than Vista? I thought Vista was an absolute disgrace to MS.

I have upgraded, however I've not really tested anything new on it yet. 

From what I've heard you should only upgrade if you were on Windows 8, apparently people who had 7 and upgraded have been having some problems 

Mozilla employees are hurt in the ass about not knowing how to change their default browser.

I'm not going to be using Firefox lol.

I'm going to install Windows 10 today, and patiently waiting for the Mobile release. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have heard good and bad things about Windows 8. But I am happy you enjoyed 7. I really like Windows 7...it reminds me of a massively upgraded and far more powerful version of XP...XP was dah boss back then.

Is Win8 worse than Vista? I thought Vista was an absolute disgrace to MS.

I had no major issues with Vista, because I had a computer with the horsepower to run it efficiently. My biggest issue was my wireless card not wanting to connect to the internet sometimes (A known Vista issue).

Windows 7 always reminded me of Vista with the issues ironed out.

Windows 8 just annoyed me with it's UI design, which completely turned me off after Win 7's UI being so amazing.

From what I've heard you should only upgrade if you were on Windows 8, apparently people who had 7 and upgraded have been having some problems 

Win 7>Win 10 here. No major issues so far. Massive performance upgrade across the board.

Gosh...that phrase has been beaten to death like a dead horse :P Im starting to hate it :wutface:

Software is always broken in ways, just to let you know.

Then you will be waiting a while. ;)

In the IT world, that is a saying you live by.

I'll gladly wait awhile and let the sheeple test it for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mozilla employees are hurt in the ass about not knowing how to change their default browser.

I'm not going to be using Firefox lol.

I'm going to install Windows 10 today, and patiently waiting for the Mobile release. 

I heard about that. I dont understand what the big deal is....does it mean that us Firefox users cannot use Firefox in Windows 10?

Havent heard of that? Care to explain? I have Win7 home premium, so I hope I dont have any problems once I get my copy. Also, I guess MS is giving users a full month from the time they install their copy to switch between Windows 10 and their previous OS, such as 7 or 8, to see how they like it.

I heard about that. I dont understand what the big deal is....does it mean that us Firefox users cannot use Firefox in Windows 10?

I think some people are triggered by the brand 'Microsoft' despite how very solid Windows Phone is maturing and how decent Windows 8.1 turned out. Basically we have journalists who act like Apple and Google can only exist in an ever saturated market.

Basically someone who doesn't pay attention to *options* in the initial setup is upset that they now have to manually change default browsers. Windows 10 has the best initial setup experience so far, so I'm guessing blogs like Engadget and The Verge are going to trash Win10 every chance they get because someone didn't follow minor steps.

Windows 10 is alright.  It's like Windows 7 and 8 had a kid.  That's Windows 10 but better than 8.  8.1 wasn't that bad imo.  My only gripe with Windows 10 and MS in general is how they try to sneak everyone into using bing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so far I'm loving Windows 10, its very fast, and responsive, and Microsoft Edge is waay faster than chrome, but doesn't have extensions. I'm torn, adblack, or faster browsing?  UUGH