Beyond Entertainment

Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Can/will we see more of an effort in the Halo X Matchmaking Customs threads? I don't understand the decision to lock user made threads when they are updating it constantly, adding players to the OP and to a GT made for said game. If there is a plan to take care of these threads and properly organize them than thats great, but as of now I see none of it.

With players changing their gamertags, stop playing, etc the upkeep isn't worth it in the longrun.

We feel it was best to add a section with new and returning players.

Oh well...  I agree that the upkeep might not be worth it to some but if there are others that will put in that effort I say let them do it since it would look way better. I just personally would like to see a cleaner option than searching through 10 pages of posts with one GT per post.

I don't think I will really understand this decision fully so I'll leave it be. I appreciate the reply though.

How do i @ someone on here? Sorry if it sounds stupid I try just typing it out and the name of the person but i dont think that seems to work for me.

How do i @ someone on here? Sorry if it sounds stupid I try just typing it out and the name of the person but i dont think that seems to work for me.

Just put a @ infront of their name.

@@Roti

Can/will we see more of an effort in the Halo X Matchmaking Customs threads? I don't understand the decision to lock user made threads when they are updating it constantly, adding players to the OP and to a GT made for said game. If there is a plan to take care of these threads and properly organize them than thats great, but as of now I see none of it.

Exactly this. I tried asking what their future plans with it were here  but no one got back to me. Granted I didn't elaborate on it but figured they'd ask if it needed. Did offer a somewhat of a fix that may help though.

The impression I get (and this could be wrong) with the new section is they don't want new threads to be made in it and want everything posted in the dedicated threads. Thus there being dedicated threads in the first place and the "criteria" (lets call it that) you follow when posting in it. Its all fine and dandy but as time passes and more people use it it'll just turn into a mess and not very helpful, honestly (but thats something to worry about then).

The threads in GD were superior, for the fact that the OPs were updating the thread and made (or someone else made) a GT everyone could add to make things easier/upkeep it better. This isn't perfect either but it works better for as long as both of these continue to be maintained.

A player finder is never going to be perfect or anything because really its up to the players to make friends/people but the section seems fairly lacking.

Again though, adding a "I'm playing now, you should join me" type of thread may help if its needed.

I'd like to see beyond entertainment produce machinema. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, I'd like to be apart of the team ; I have a solid script written up, so If anyone will get back with me, I'll be happy to present it to you.

Thanks - Jesse

[email protected]_2the_eadPooL

I sent this in a message to your Twitch account, but I figured I might as well post it over here in case you missed it.

First of all, your "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page is broken. You need to add departments so that people can send support tickets in that way.

Second of all, here's my message:

Hello!

I'm TeganGibby and I've been streaming on Twitch for almost a year now as well as actively assisting others in setting up their Twitch channels and streams. If you're familiar with the Youtuber h0lmb0m, you should know that I set up his stream for him. I also casually moderate a number of other channels. Anyways, I've noticed that your Twitch stream is in need of a bit of quality control and moderation. I'm not entirely sure what software you use for streaming, but I've worked with quite a few different streaming programs so I should be familiar with whatever it is.

First of all - your stream's audio quality is extremely inconsistent. Generally, it is extremely loud compared to the average Twitch stream, even experiencing peaking and distortion at times. Game audio generally shouldn't go above 70% on a capture card or 50% if captured from a PC game or you risk distortion or at least an extremely loud stream. I generally keep my PC game audio at around 30% volume and my capture card volume at around 50%, but that's accounting for commentary volume. If you're using a proprietary capture card streaming software such as Elgato's or Roxio's, you have less control over this, but as a professional organization you should probably be using software like Open Broadcaster Software or XSplit unless you have your own software or something more professional.

Second of all, your stream's bitrate is much higher than necessary as far as I can tell. I have 60Mbps down and cannot watch your stream on "Source" quality. Obviously some of this is due to my ISP/Twitch, but generally speaking, a 1080p, 60 FPS stream doesn't need to be at a higher bitrate than 4000 Kbps. If you want to be streaming at the absolute best possible quality, you should be streaming at 1920x1080, 60 frames per second, 4000 Kbps bitrate, and an H.264 preset of "faster" or maybe "fast" if you have the CPU power. If you are aiming for lower quality, I can advise you on exactly which settings to use.

Finally, your Twitch chat is entirely unmoderated. This is a huge problem. Here's just a single screenshot of your chat: http://i.imgur.com/i0DHe83.png. As a result, your chat is 90% spam. You need to have a list of explicit rules below your chat so that you have grounds for punishments such as timeouts and bans. In addition, for your channel's size, you should probably have at least 5-10 moderators that pay attention. There are plenty of people who would do a good job at moderation for free. If your moderators are unpaid, I'd advocate having 30-40 appointed moderators so that you can guarantee that at least 5 of them are always in chat. If your moderators are paid and moderate your chat as a job, 3-5 should do the trick. I wrote up an article about moderation on the top of /r/Twitch a few days ago that you should really take a look at (

).

There's a bunch more stuff about your channel that could use an overhaul, but that's the major stuff that will make the difference between an active group of fans and a bunch of spammers taking over your channel. Building a community in your Twitch channel generally leads to more subscribers/donations as well as your channel growing by word of mouth, which should help you out in general. If you need any help at all, you can reach me on Twitch, here, or by e-mail.

Thanks for providing an awesome space for the Halo community for many years and hopefully plenty more to come.

Sincerely,

​Tegan Gibson

TL;DR: Your Twitch stream really needs an overhaul. If you need help, I can help and there are plenty of others who would also be willing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When I created my account, I accidentally didn't capitalize the "K" in my username.

Is there any way of fixing it or will be it stuck like that forever? :(

When I created my account, I accidentally didn't capitalize the "K" in my username.

Is there any way of fixing it or will be it stuck like that forever? :(

Done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it possible for Beyond to start appearing in the Google news feed? So if I type in 'Halo' and go into news on a Google search, can beyond start appearing there?

We have in the past, really depends on SEO/hits/etc. We do are best to be first with news but sometimes that isn't enough.

Well this forum continues to grow so we'll see.

Another question: Is premium a once-off payment or a subscription?

One-time.

Premium goes towards helping the sites servers and maintenance fees.

Another question, I can't seem to figure out how to post a tweet into a thread like I've seen people do.

How do I do that?

To embed a tweet you just paste the link, no extra work required.

Can the spoiler tags be changed from what we have below to black bars covering the text? It's easier to format.

spoiler

So I was a VIP member for contributing to the indiegogo campaign way back when. Does VIP no longer exist and it's just premium now?

So I was a VIP member for contributing to the indiegogo campaign way back when. Does VIP no longer exist and it's just premium now?

VIP's became Premium, and the new VIP category is more for other members of Halo Communities as well as 343 Staff.

Alright, I'll miss the lounge but that's ok. I mostly just lurk anyway.

VIP Forum was just inactive, wasn't removed because of Premium.