Beyond Entertainment

Quick Questions, Quick Answers

I attempted to get the word out about a not-for-profit Halo CE tournament we are running over at EuroHalo, but the thread seems to have been deleted. Reading the ruels carefully it would seem that the reason for removal is that threads about non-partnered tournaments are considered spam. This is all fine, and if this is the case I apologize for not reading the rules properly beforehand.

However, there are several similar threads in the general Halo forum already. Case in point: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9721-halo-3-xbox-360-jwalk-4v4-mlg-tournament-500/

As far as I understand, that tournament is not partnered with TeamBeyond. Thus I find it somewhat unfair/random that a thread for their tournament is allowed, but not for ours. Would someone from the staff care to explain?

Hello,

It is against the rules to post non-official tournaments on the forums.  The only exceptions are: if you are an official partner of Beyond Entertainment, or under special circumstances, and I have updated the rules so they are less vague in this area, as to prevent further confusion. 

These rules are in place to prevent fraudulent tournaments, and even if a tournament has no entry fee, we have had issues in the past with prizes not being sent out by these organizers.  The blame then falls partially on Beyond for allowing such organizers to advertise their tournament on the forums.

The thread you linked is what we consider a "special circumstance", where the user running the tournament has an excellent track record of running tournaments, as well as paying out the promised prizing or money in a timely manner. 

Thanks for understanding.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thanks for the quick reply, @@Saucey. I do understand, although I find it quite ridicuclous that any users would affiliate forum posts about a tournament with the forum where it is posted. But if the users are indeed so numb above the neck that they give you trouble I understand your restrictive stance.

PS: Just for the record, we were not planning on having any prizes in the tournament. And I have been hosting tournaments for over a decade, though mostly in Norway (on- and offline) and some online H2 tournaments in 2005-2006.

Since a couple of days ago I get this when I surf to Beyond. Kind of annoying because I visit Beyond A LOT every day. How come?

10e22py.jpg

Since a couple of days ago I get this when I surf to Beyond. Kind of annoying because I visit Beyond A LOT every day. How come?

10e22py.jpg

As with everything that goes wrong on the site, have you tried clearing your cache?

• Upvote (+1) 1

10e22py.jpg

I looked up your IP and fixed the issue.

In a nutshell we were getting quite a bit of malicious requests from your region and our security measures began to challenge any IP from your area. 

Anyways, should be fixed now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I looked up your IP and fixed the issue.

In a nutshell we were getting quite a bit of malicious requests from your region and our security measures began to challenge any IP from your area. 

Anyways, should be fixed now.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

• Upvote (+1) 2

The forums are no longer logging me in automatically; it started a couple days ago. I've tried clearing cookies and cache and all that. It will save the username and password in the boxes so I don't have to type it in though. Just wondering if the site is going through some changes.

How do you embed videos?

A YouTube link should auto-embed. Copy and paste the URL exactly as a it appears in your browser.

The forums are no longer logging me in automatically; it started a couple days ago. I've tried clearing cookies and cache and all that. It will save the username and password in the boxes so I don't have to type it in though. Just wondering if the site is going through some changes.

Are you happening to clear your history after you login? I've done that in the past and it remembers my info but since I've cleared my last few hours or whatnot it will not keep me signed in.

How do you embed videos?

Just post the video url and it should auto embed.

Are you happening to clear your history after you login? I've done that in the past and it remembers my info but since I've cleared my last few hours or whatnot it will not keep me signed in.

my link from xbox clips did not auto embed. Is there a manual way?

my link from xbox clips did not auto embed. Is there a manual way?

Oh, for Xbox Clips we currently don't have an embed option. Right now it's Youtube, Facebook video, etc.

Just got an Xbox One and Halo: MCC. Having problems getting ddos'd. What can I do?

I find it hard to believe after just getting both an Xbox One and Halo that you're getting ddos'd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had my Xbox for like three weeks now. Was playing a game of ranked H2A out sniped their sniper whil. I know he saw me first. Was immediately booted from the game and disconnected from Xbox Live. Was still able to connect to my WiFi on all of my other household devices. Doesn't sound like a ddos to you? Thanks for all your support.

Did you happen to fix it? Dealing with the same issue. Gonna test some other browsers and clear my cache. 

Did you happen to fix it? Dealing with the same issue. Gonna test some other browsers and clear my cache. 

Clearing cache should fix it, was happening for me as well.

We were testing some cache settings, most of which did not agree well with the forums.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we have more options on mobile? I can't embed anything unless I request desktop version and full version. Can't select emoticons either. The notification tab doesnt go away when I click a notification unless I click mark all as read.

Can we have more options on mobile? I can't embed anything unless I request desktop version and full version. Can't select emoticons either. The notification tab doesnt go away when I click a notification unless I click mark all as read.

Mobile should auto-embed things like twitter and youtube.

As for most options, mobile pretty limited since there isn't enough screen real estate to work with.

I'll look into the notification bug you mentioned.

Late reply I know but now it just works again; haven't messed with any login settings or browser settings. I'm going to chalk it up to Chrome being Chrome.

Late reply I know but now it just works again; haven't messed with any login settings or browser settings. I'm going to chalk it up to Chrome being Chrome.

:weback:

Out of Curiosity, and learning sake, what percentage of visits to beyond is on mobile/tablet?

Out of Curiosity, and learning sake, what percentage of visits to beyond is on mobile/tablet?

Roughly for 2015 so far:

• Desktop - 50%
  • Mobile - 44%
  • Tablet - 6%

Kinda crazy to see how much more mobile and tablet have become in recent years.

Roughly for 2015 so far:

• Desktop - 50%
  • Mobile - 44%
  • Tablet - 6%

Kinda crazy to see how much more mobile and tablet have become in recent years.

wow seriously? lol imo I would've thought mobile/tablet is at least 80%

• Upvote (+1) 1