Beyond Entertainment

Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Website is coming up with a HUGE list of trackers again on Ghostery. Usually it's around 6-8 but it's back up to 30+ again today. Is that my end or yours?

I installed and checked it out, we are on an adnetwork that utilizes different ad services, I recognized 99% of the trackers, they are just ad networks, sprinkled in with random ones like google analytics, etc.

I installed and checked it out, we are on an adnetwork that utilizes different ad services, I recognized 99% of the trackers, they are just ad networks, sprinkled in with random ones like google analytics, etc.

No worries, onto the next question: Any chance of being able to embed webm's and gifv's?

No worries, onto the next question: Any chance of being able to embed webm's and gifv's?

Been looking into that (along with XboxDVR embed), would love to have them. We may have to not do them because of mobile users though.

Been looking into that (along with XboxDVR embed), would love to have them. We may have to not do them because of mobile users though.

I was thinking about that, any way to make it so it's a manual play?

I was thinking about that, any way to make it so it's a manual play?

We'll have to talk to our forum dev guy, this stuff is a bit past my area.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got this while trying to confirm / preview a post I had written in the box reply box at the bottom. It ate up my post. Quite frustrating to say the least.

Any way to prevent it, or at least, save the post before doing the check?

51601eafbf5f0c7abcb06a04a3b6b038.png

@@Vetoed

Can you tell me when it happened? 

Looks like you triggered a security setting, I changed a few things around - PM me if it happens again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Vetoed

Can you tell me when it happened? 

Looks like you triggered a security setting, I changed a few things around - PM me if it happens again. 

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, it happened I think 3 times today so far (never happened at all aside from that). Each time was when I was about to post something or edit a post. 

But alright thanks for being on top of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In regards to skinerd and his ninja design thread, can you guys soften your stance on him using stock art for forum graphics?

As long as he didn't claim to have made the vectors himself and doesnt try to profit from them then he's done nothing wrong

Using stock art for forum signatures has been going on since the inception of message boards, I've must of seen thousands and thousands of forum signatures that consisted of "x character" surrounded by smoke with the persons gamer tag stamped on there somewhere

As an artist myself who went to school to study making collages (using other peoples images and manipulating them) it honestly perplexes me as to why this kid is getting curb stomped for doing something so commonplace

Anyways, obv I don't make the rules I just wanted to give my two cents cause I feel strongly about art and IP rights

• Upvote (+1) 2

In regards to skinerd and his ninja design thread, can you guys soften your stance on him using stock art for forum graphics?

As long as he didn't claim to have made the vectors himself and doesnt try to profit from them then he's done nothing wrong

Using stock art for forum signatures has been going on since the inception of message boards, I've must of seen thousands and thousands of forum signatures that consisted of "x character" surrounded by smoke with the persons gamer tag stamped on there somewhere

As an artist myself who went to school to study making collages (using other peoples images and manipulating them) it honestly perplexes me as to why this kid is getting curb stomped for doing something so commonplace

Anyways, obv I don't make the rules I just wanted to give my two cents cause I feel strongly about art and IP rights

It's more the fact he tried to claim it as his own. As long as you make it perfectly clear it isn't your image, it's cool.

He was ultimately banned (temporarily) for calling people a disrespectful term.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is Ninja's T-shirt contest still ongoing? If so where can I find the information for it? Thanks /,,/

Is Ninja's T-shirt contest still ongoing? If so where can I find the information for it? Thanks /,,/

Okay, so I just realized I posted this in a site-support thread, not a general quick-questions thread, for that I apologize as I found this thread through a search.

With that being said, I now realize that I don't know how to delete a post and I can't seem to find the option. How do I delete or remove a post? Thanks /,,/

Just wanted to say the mobile site is excellent, loads so quick and it's very intuitive. Only issues are not being to upload images from it, and all the accidental reps that come from it :p

Edit: also if I have a notification, the number doesn't disappear on mobile despite me looking at it, until I go on the desktop and view my notifications they just keep building up. Atm it says I have 8 unread despite having viewed them all. It's not a big deal at all, just putting it out there.

Okay, so I just realized I posted this in a site-support thread, not a general quick-questions thread, for that I apologize as I found this thread through a search.

With that being said, I now realize that I don't know how to delete a post and I can't seem to find the option. How do I delete or remove a post? Thanks /,,/

Only moderators and admins can delete posts. Don't worry about it :)

Which online multiplayer gametypes of the MCC can you play splitscreen?

All of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree.

He said "he made it" which isn't entirely true but he didn't go out of his way to act like the images were literally created by him, at least I think.

I dunno, I guess I can relate cause I've gotten 2nd place at a digital video editing competition and I used footage from a documentary and I still claim "I made the video" in everyday conversation. Of course in the description of the project I had to say this is NOT my footage, it belongs to X, but I bet he just didn't think stating something like that was necessary on an Internet forum. He probs thought it was almost expected that signatures aren't people's own, created in illustrator, images. Rather just a collab of other's original works so he felt comfortable saying "he made it".

But if he ban had nothing to do with this then there's really no point to the discussion 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I check the "Remember me" box whenever I log in, but it no longer keeps me logged in. I have to log in every time I visit the site. I started logging in at work without the box checked in a few weeks ago and that's when I started having this problem on my home computer (I'm on Firefox).

Any bright ideas on what I can do to fix this?

I check the "Remember me" box whenever I log in, but it no longer keeps me logged in. I have to log in every time I visit the site. I started logging in at work without the box checked in a few weeks ago and that's when I started having this problem on my home computer (I'm on Firefox).

Any bright ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Had this issue too, clear the sites cookies and it should fix it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had this issue too, clear the sites cookies and it should fix it.

It worked! Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I get premium will it renew each year? I only want to get it for 1 year.

If I get premium will it renew each year? I only want to get it for 1 year.

It will renew, but you can cancel it to avoid getting charged.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It will renew, but you can cancel it to avoid getting charged.

Ok, cheers.

I attempted to get the word out about a not-for-profit Halo CE tournament we are running over at EuroHalo, but the thread seems to have been deleted. Reading the ruels carefully it would seem that the reason for removal is that threads about non-partnered tournaments are considered spam. This is all fine, and if this is the case I apologize for not reading the rules properly beforehand.

However, there are several similar threads in the general Halo forum already. Case in point: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9721-halo-3-xbox-360-jwalk-4v4-mlg-tournament-500/

As far as I understand, that tournament is not partnered with TeamBeyond. Thus I find it somewhat unfair/random that a thread for their tournament is allowed, but not for ours. Would someone from the staff care to explain?