In a recent interview with Polygon, Kevin Franklin and Chris Lee of 343 Industries were answering questions about Warzone, Campaign and Halo 5: Guardians in general. One question they were asked is if either Firefight or Spartan Ops would be returning – two game modes that were included with past Halo titles.
Chris Lee didn’t hesitate to answer the question stating that there were no plans for both Firefight and Spartan Ops to return in Halo 5: Guardians. The pair then go on to talk about Warzone and how it incorporates the Player vs Environment elements that players were used to from the earlier mentioned modes.
It seems that at launch, Halo 5: Guardians will only have the following: Campaign, Arena Multiplayer, Warzone, Forge and Theater. This will be the first Halo title since Halo 3 to not include a secondary co-operative mode.
What are your thoughts of 343 Industries confirming that Firefight and Spartan Ops won’t be appearing in Halo 5: Guardians? Join the discussion on our forums now!
Missed any of the latest Halo 5: Guardians news ? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Check out some of the articles we’ve created below:
- Halo 5: Guardians Campaign Footage Revealed
- Halo 5: Guardians Warzone Revealed
- Halo 5: Guardians Warzone Screenshots
- Halo 5: Guardians E3 Demo Campaign Screenshots
- Halo 5: Guardians ViDoc – Making Warzone
- Halo 5: Guardians will not feature Big Team Battle [At Launch]
- Halo 5: Guardians Limited & Limited Collectors Edition Revealed
- Halo 5: Guardians Pre-Order Bonuses
- Halo 5: Guardians available for Digital Pre-Order
- Interview with Josh Holmes on Halo 5: Guardians
- Warzone will have six maps at launch, six more coming in future DLC