At PAX Prime today, 343 Industries hosted another panel for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Below you will find a recap of all the details that were revealed during the panel.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection PAX Prime Panel Recap:
Starting off, the five panelists took to the stage: Dan Ayoub, Kiki Wolfkill, Paul Libson and Max Hoberman alongside the 405th to show off some Halo cosplay! And yes – Mister Chief did propose to an ODST.
Dan Ayoub then began talking about the story behind Halo: The Master Chief Collection and how it came to be.
Kiki Wolfkill then took over the microphone and talked about Halo: Nightfall and showed us a quick preview of Nightfall through a new ViDoc.
The ViDoc told us that the fragment of the Alpha Halo ring that Halo: Nightfall takes place on is stuck in an irregular orbit around a mysterious red planet and depending on the time of day, depends on if the ring fragment is safe to travel on.
Kiki then went on to talk about the Halo Channel – their interactive digital network about all things Halo. A video was shown which gave us a brief preview of what kind of content would be shown after the Channel launches. This includes community made content, news, Halo: Nightfall, Halo 4: Forward unto Dawn, behind-the-scenes videos and much more.
Dan Ayoub and Paul Libson then started talking about the audio for Halo 2 Anniversary. In Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, when you used the switch mode – only the graphics would change. However, in Halo 2 Anniversary – this switch will now switch not only graphics, but audio too.
Paul Libson confirmed that Skywalker Sound were hired to re-record the audio for Halo 2 Anniversary, as well as giving us a world premier of “Unforgotten”, remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary.
Paul Libson also confirmed that Misha Mansoor will have a track featured in the game, as well as an updated version of the “Mjolnir Mix” from Steve Vai!
The Halo 2 Anniversary Soundtrack was officially announced and various bundles will ship with Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Continuing with audio – Paul Libson talked about the new audio in Halo 2 Anniversary and how every single piece of audio is being remastered and can be switched at the touch of a button.
A live demo was then shown, demonstrating the difference between the old and remastered audio in the Campaign for most of the weapons including the Battle Rifle, SMG, Energy Sword and more.
Max Hoberman then started talking about Multiplayer in Halo: The Master Chief Collection but more specifically, Lockout from Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary.
In the remastered version of Lockout, certain elements have been changed – one of them being the modified Elbow section which offers more cover down there. Another is the piece of glass in the middle of the map – this piece of glass is now breakable.Max confirmed that this piece of glass is Forgeable, allowing you to remove it or replace it with an unbreakable version.
Max then talked about the deadly stalactites which can be shot and fall into the map and crush enemy players. These are Forgeable so you can easily remove them.
Frankie then introduced a video created by Bravo which shows us a breakdown of the remastered map – Lockout which showed off trick jumps and confirmed that King of the Kill will be playable in Halo 2 Anniversary!
Dan Ayoub then moved the discussion for Forge in Halo 2 Anniversary and what they’re changing this time round.
Dan Ayoub announced THREE Skybox-Only maps for Halo 2 Anniversary which will let players make maps from scratch.
Moving on, Dan Ayoub hosted a demo for Halo 3’s Campaign level – Sierra 117.
While the stream was only running at 30FPS, the difference is noticeable for both the lighting system and more.
The panel then moved onto a quick Question & Answer session.
- Halo: Combat Evolved will be talked about within the month
- New Forge elements will be added
- Frankie answered a question regarding Halo 4’s population.
- A player asked a question about Cortana’s death and Frankie said it was intended to affect the universe permanently.
- Frankie confirmed that Halo: Reach is not on the table for the Anniversary treatment.
- Frankie said that while they aren’t intentionally fixing Halo 2’s glitches, but they don’t know if they will all work.
- Dan Ayoub confirmed that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary’s switch will be instant like.
- Kiki Wolfkill offered a no-comment on a Halo movie.
- Paul Lipson confirmed that the Breaking Benjamin song would be available in the Classic mode.
- Paul Lipson also confirmed that you would only be able to use the new audio with in remastered mode and vice versa.
- Frankie commented that Halo worked fine at 8v8/16 players and no news at this time for a higher player count.
- Frankie said that Halo 2’s Anniversary will not have modified damage values for Campaign.
- Frankie said that the weapon despawn time in Halo 4 will NOT be changed in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Discuss this panel on our forums!