With Halo 5: Guardians set to release in just under 5 days, 343 Industries have released an important piece of information for those who have pre-ordered the game from the Xbox Games Store, specifically if you pre-ordered before September 21st, 2015.
If you pre-ordered Halo 5: Guardians from the Xbox Games Store before September 21st, 2015 – you may only have a placeholder file on your Xbox One, rather than the full pre-loaded Halo 5: Guardians file. Do not panic if you do not know, there are some simple steps to ensure you are ready to go for launch.
1. Turn on your Xbox One and open “My Games & Apps”
2. Find the Halo 5: Guardians tile
For players who have the placeholder file, please complete the following steps:
1. Open “My Games & Apps”
2. Highlight the Halo 5: Guardians tile, press Start/Menu choose “Manage Game”
3. Highlight the tile titled “Halo 5: Guardians” and press Start/Menu
4. Choose “Uninstall”
5. Immediately after doing this, you should see “Halo 5: Guardians” show up on the right under “Ready to install”
6. Choose “Halo 5: Guardians” and install it again
7. Your console should begin download the full version of Halo 5: Guardians
If you run into any issues with any of these steps, please visit https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/install-games for more in-depth instructions and do not hesitate to reach out to Xbox Support.
The Halo 5: Guardians day one patch is also set to hit later today and players who have pre-loaded will be able to download it ahead of time so they’re ready to go next Tuesday.
Will you be jumping into Halo 5: Guardians head first next week? Join the discussion on our forums now and let us know!
Source: Halo Waypoint