Halo 5: Guardians is set to take place over three worlds throughout the campaign – a human planet, a Covenant planet and a Forerunner planet and because of this, the campaign is set to be almost twice as large as Halo 4’s was from 2012.
In Halo 4, the campaign was prominently set on Requiem – the Forerunner shield world and later in the campaign, you exit the shield world in pursuit of the Didact to stop him from wiping out humanity on Earth. With the power of the Xbox One and new technologies, 343 Industries plans on making the Halo 5: Guardians campaign twice as large compared to the 2012 title.
In an interview with GamesRadar, an employee of 343 Industries claimed that while the campaign is going to twice as long as Halo 4’s, it was originally going to be even bigger and to quote “three to four times bigger” however, 343 Industries had to scale it down or else shipping it would have been an impossible task.
Of course, the length of a campaign is always dependent on the player and how fast they decide to run through levels. The length of a campaign for a normal player and a speed runner for example would be vastly different.
Be sure to check out the video from GamesRadar above which talks about how the Halo 5: Guardians campaign is huge but was planned to be even bigger.
Are you excited for the Halo 5: Guardians campaign which will continue the story of the Master Chief, Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris? As always, be sure to join the discussion on our forums and let us know your opinion!
Missed any of the Halo news coming out from gamescom 2015? Check out some of our other articles below:
- Halo World Championship One Million Dollar Tournament Announced
- Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition Xbox One Bundle Revealed
- Halo Wars 2 Revealed at Gamescom 2015
- Special Edition Master Chief and Spartan Locke Controllers
- Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer Gameplay
- Halo 5: Guardians Themed Astro A40 and M80 Mixamp
- A Look at Three New Arena Maps in Halo 5: Guardians
- A Look at New Warzone Maps in Halo 5: Guardians
- A Look at Halo 5: Guardians Campaign – Blue Team