Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#651   RyanW

RyanW

• 5,641 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

#652   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

"Arena"

• VIP

• 6,285 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:27 PM

Damn that DLC looks good! Sucks that I sold my Xbox One and lost all my progress but I do have a rocking PC now. Here's to hoping the sequel is top quality!

#653   Mr Grim

Mr Grim

a nugget of blubber

• 5,467 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

Now if only we had space battles that were of the same caliber as the older games, ship to ship combat is something that could've been greatly improved upon.

I actually started playing the free trial and I do enjoy the game, it's problem is the lack of content although it's still good as a casual mp fps. Would've preferred it be a bonafide class based shooter like the originals and have vehicles spawn on the map rather than be power ups though.

#654   RyanW

RyanW

• 5,641 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

Now if only we had space battles that were of the same caliber as the older games, ship to ship combat is something that could've been greatly improved upon.

I actually started playing the free trial and I do enjoy the game, it's problem is the lack of content although it's still good as a casual mp fps. Would've preferred it be a bonafide class based shooter like the originals and have vehicles spawn on the map rather than be power ups though.

I would say for me the problem wasn't a lack of content but how the base content was handled. Missions could have been so much better and while I do enjoy the smaller team modes they could have gone without them, making some of them like Droid Run and Blast work on big maps and increase the player count to at least 32v32. I would love for the game went back to being class based.

You'd be surprised of the interaction of DICE post launch has done to this game. DLC is solid, updates are amazing with free maps and features like Skirmish mode coming out tomorrow. You can really see it in what they've shown and talked about in regards to the Death Star DLC. We'll most likely get capital ships introduced in Fighter Squadron with it and concept art implied a map with Asteroids potentially referring to the remains of Alderaan.

Now that we know Motive is helping DICE with Battlefront 2 the sequel has a lot of potential

#655   cordyceps

cordyceps

• 1,634 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

You die way too fast in battlefront

They need to add the roll back in the game and increase health
Also better map design is needed

Claas base would help the clutter of this game

#656   RyanW

RyanW

• 5,641 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Star Wars Battlefront II Officially Revealed: https://www.ea.com/g...t/battlefront-2

• Single Player follows the CANON story of Inferno Squad, an elite Imperial forces group, immediately following the destruction of the second Death Star
  • 20v20 Multiplayer across all eras of the Star Wars films featuring areas like Theed, Takodana, Starkiller Base, Yavin, Mos Eisley, Endor, Hoth, and more.
  • 12v12 Space Battles
  • Class Based Multiplayer
  • Heroes include Darth Maul, Yoda, Rey, and Kylo Ren
  • Split Screen Offline Co-Op
  • "Tailor unique abilities for each hero, trooper, and starfighter to gain the upper hand in battle with Star Wars Battlefront II's diverse and powerful progression system. The path to victory is yours to decide."
  • NO SEASON PASS
  • Pre-Order includes The Last Jedi outfits for Rey and Kylo Ren along with a TLJ variant of the Millennium Falcon and an unnamed First Order starfighter

Details on the "Deluxe Edition:"

C9eWm0XVoAAyerW.jpg

Screens

Spoiler

#657   Killmachine

Killmachine

• 4,391 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

For some reason the phase 1 clone troopers in concept art made me the most hyped.

It'll be funny to watch them appear more real in game than they were in a movie since the clones were all CGI haha

#658   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,644 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

Does this mean the new wave of generic FPS hype is "going back to our roots" with this, BF1, and boots on the ground CoD?

#659   calberto

calberto

• 941 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:47 AM

"Brannvall then confirmed that “there will be a difference” between aiming-down-sights and hip fire. In the first Battlefront, ADS didn’t give the player any advantage with aiming when compared to firing from the hip."

“We will not allow you to specifically land your starfighter,” Brannvall said. “But you can always escape it. It’s the same with all vehicles—you can exit them. But we will not have something where you specifically land it.”

Source

Sad news...

#660   SMARTAN 427

SMARTAN 427

• 578 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:36 AM

I have been playing the OG Lucasarts Star Wars Battlefront 2. Such a good game.

EA has pretty much ruined my favorite favorite video game series. They seem nothing like the original games.

I played the beta for EA Star Wars Battlefront and instantly decided that I wasn't buying the full game. I doubt that this new EA Battlefront will be much of an improvement.

#661   TTUVAPOR

TTUVAPOR

• 1,766 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

I have been playing the OG Lucasarts Star Wars Battlefront 2. Such a good game.

EA has pretty much ruined my favorite favorite video game series. They seem nothing like the original games.

I played the beta for EA Star Wars Battlefront and instantly decided that I wasn't buying the full game. I doubt that this new EA Battlefront will be much of an improvement.

it needs classic conquest and static vehicles on spawn timers....

#662   SMARTAN 427

SMARTAN 427

• 578 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

it needs classic conquest and static vehicles on spawn timers....

Exactly. I miss the territory concept of capturing command posts that the games were built around.

Also, I miss the Instant Action custom game mode that let you play all modes against bots, and the Galactic Conquest strategy mode.

And space battles.

Along with the class based core (even the custom classes of the PSP exclusive Battlefronts), this is what all was missing from EA Battlefront.

#663   TTUVAPOR

TTUVAPOR

• 1,766 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

Exactly. I miss the territory concept of capturing command posts that the games were built around.

Also, I miss the Instant Action custom game mode that let you play all modes against bots, and the Galactic Conquest strategy mode.

And space battles.

Along with the class based core (even the custom classes of the PSP exclusive Battlefronts), this is what all was missing from EA Battlefront.

yup, and unless they do that... this infantry deathmatch crap will get old fast like it did in the first. i only played it for the time i did because it gave me a sw fix of immersion.

#664   Metaphysics

Metaphysics

• 114 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:39 AM

More bad news.

https://www.reddit.c...dits_in_arcade/

Battlefront 2 has another bullshit f2p feature, "cooldowns". Earning so many credits in Arcade mode will result in the player not being able to earn credits for a minimum of 3 hours, with some Redditors reporting 24 hours.

This is literally like Clash of Clans. Sorry! Please wait for your energy levels to recharge before playing again! Apparently EA is doing this to prevent offline credit-farming. Just reduce the amount of credits earned in Arcade mode?

#665   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,644 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

More bad news.

https://www.reddit.c...dits_in_arcade/

Battlefront 2 has another bullshit f2p feature, "cooldowns". Earning so many credits in Arcade mode will result in the player not being able to play for a minimum of 3 hours, with some Redditors reporting 24 hours.

This is literally like Clash of Clans. Sorry! Please wait for your energy levels to recharge before playing again! Apparently EA is doing this to prevent offline credit-farming. Just reduce the amount of credits earned in Arcade mode? There's absolutely no reason to limit players ability to play a game they enjoy like some f2p mobile game.

I mean nothing is stopping you from playing. You just won't get anything. Obviously the entire game is engineered to convince you to pay them more money and they're making gaming worse for everyone in the process with shit like this.