Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#1   CyReN

CyReN

Ð

• Admin

• 16,483 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Discuss everything about Star Wars: Battlefront here!

#2   Proven

Proven

I don't play Video Games

• 14,485 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

What is it.

Remember those sweet Star Wars Battlefront games? Ever heard of Battlefield? Imagine those two had a baby. Yep.

ignfinalv1jpg-c41deb.jpg

Via IGN

“The scale of our maps and modes offer a great variety” depending on the location, Fegraeus explained. Hoth, where the Rebel Alliance fought off invading AT-ATs in snowy plains, will differ in size than the dense woodland of Endor.

“We have actually made the decision to specifically tailor certain maps to certain game modes,” Fegraeus continued, “and what we get from that is not only incredibly varied scales, but also gameplay that will allow players to live out some of their most memorable Star Wars battle fantasies.”

DICE’s Frostbite Engine brings that to life by way of the studio’s “internally developed photogrammetry systems.” With photogrammetry, developers can use photographed images to achieve an incredible level of detail – we saw this in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, which IGN nominated for Best Graphics in the 2014 Best of Technology category.
http://m.ign.com/art...ealed-ign-first

#3   iTz 26

iTz 26

Acta Non Verba

• Premium

• 1,256 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

I've been waiting 7+ years for this.

#4   Tubmas

Tubmas

• 2,037 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

Is it bad that I'm more excited for this than Halo 5?

A quote towards the end interested me:

"We’ve been showing the game to some close partners and one of the things we hear is that it doesn’t feel like other shooters and that it’s fully born from Star Wars" 

Now that could easily just be some marketing bs to lead people to believe that's not just a cod/battlefield clone with a Star Wars skin like some people are afraid of happening. But, hopefully its true and it doesn't just take things from other games and tries to stay away from the cliche military shooter by attempting to create something unique that sets it apart. Really hyped to see what this game will end up being like.  

#5   Moses_FPS

Moses_FPS

💡 🅸🅽🆃🅴🅻

• Premium

• 9,966 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

I've been looking forward to this, can't wait

#6   calberto

calberto

• 941 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

Is it bad that I came here for Halo but I'm writing my first post about Battlefront?

I just hope Dice won't let us wait until e3...hopefully they give us something after they released Hardline!

#7   Proven

Proven

I don't play Video Games

• 14,485 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

A quote towards the end interested me:

"We’ve been showing the game to some close partners and one of the things we hear is that it doesn’t feel like other shooters and that it’s fully born from Star Wars"

Now that could easily just be some marketing bs to lead people to believe that's not just a cod/battlefield clone with a Star Wars skin like some people are afraid of happening. But, hopefully its true and it doesn't just take things from other games and tries to stay away from the cliche military shooter by attempting to create something unique that sets it apart. Really hyped to see what this game will end up being like.

A Star Wars skin Battlefield is still incredible. Either way it's awesome

#8   FLuFFy

FLuFFy

• 5,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

I've been so hyped for this! Hopefully they show something at PAX East!

tumblr_inline_mt0r7hFKIL1qz4rgp.gif

#9   sbk

sbk

• 1,403 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

i remember when i got a ps2 demo disc in the mail and it had starwars battlefront 1 on it. played the shit out of that demo lmao.

will look forward to this game.

#10   lofike

lofike

Mind In progress

• Premium

• 1,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

So I've never seen a single gameplay/trailer/article of battle front. 

If someone wants to explain why this game is so awesome? What type of game is this? what's with all the hype?

#11   publicbussystem

publicbussystem

THE GOAT

• 2,547 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

If someone wants to explain why this game is so awesome? What type of game is this? what's with all the hype?

If Battlefield was good, it would be Battlefront.

#12   RyanW

RyanW

• 5,641 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

Hopefully when we get more info and the hype builds up Battlefront will get its own sub forum. If it at least lives up to Pandemic's Battlefront there shouldn't be a problem with keeping that active.

#13   iTz 26

iTz 26

Acta Non Verba

• Premium

• 1,256 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:25 AM

Go watch some gameplays of SWBF I and II. Battlefront is it's own type of FPS game and is one of a kind. Probably one of the better online games to play due to its diversity and style. Between conquest (think modern day domination, but with a twist), and space battles in fighters with every faction of ship. At certain times you can spawn in as a Jedi or Sith based on the map type.

I could go on and on into detail but I'd be here for hours. Check out some gameplay of the older games and imagine what it will be like on current consoles/PC.

#14   cordyceps

cordyceps

• 1,634 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:37 AM

Go watch some gameplays of SWBF I and II. Battlefront is it's own type of FPS game and is one of a kind. Probably one of the better online games to play due to its diversity and style. Between conquest (think modern day domination, but with a twist), and space battles in fighters with every faction of ship. At certain times you can spawn in as a Jedi or Sith based on the map type.

I could go on and on into detail but I'd be here for hours. Check out some gameplay of the older games and imagine what it will be like on current consoles/PC.

Is there any skill involved in 1v1s tho? i think it's random. I remember outslaying my buddies team hard and continuously lose. Didn't matter how good i was doing my team would just suck.

It feels random to me. At least BF2.

#15   iTz 26

iTz 26

Acta Non Verba

• Premium

• 1,256 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

Is there any skill involved in 1v1s tho? i think it's random. I remember outslaying my buddies team hard and continuously lose. Didn't matter how good i was doing my team would just suck.

It feels random to me. At least BF2.

Depends on the class you choose. Each had their pros and cons due to their starting weapons.

#16   ZerueLX11

ZerueLX11

PC Master Race

• Premium

• 2,238 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

This should be really fun on the PC, 64 man servers, blasters every where. EA better not fuck it up, but I'll give them credit for at least recognizing they fucked up. All the bad press really made them want to change.

#17   cordyceps

cordyceps

• 1,634 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:58 AM

Depends on the class you choose. Each had their pros and cons due to their starting weapons.

How so? Does that influence the A.I?

#18   Avak

Avak

• 334 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

My main hope is that they include bot battles like the previous games, if you're just learning the game or have had enough of random people talking on their mics then you at least have something to fall back on.

But apart from I'm so hyped for this it's unreal. 

#19   iTz 26

iTz 26

Acta Non Verba

• Premium

• 1,256 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

How so? Does that influence the A.I?

Back then the A.I. was somewhat decent, at least for 2006. You either started with blasters (think stormtrooper type of weapons), sniper, rockets, or shotgun. All depended on the planet and type of factions facing each other. Although the A.I. shot you, they weren't very accurate or intelligent to say the least. But they did spawn as random classes.

#20   Voodooman

Voodooman

Multi-Team Pro

• Premium

• 1,922 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Please be awesome! I really need a good game to play! :prayers:

#21   Zdann

Zdann

• 404 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

I just hope DICE doesn't screw up, having a hard time trusting them after BF3/4.

#22   Proven

Proven

I don't play Video Games

• 14,485 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

updated OP with some early gameplay and the teaser

#23   lofike

lofike

Mind In progress

• Premium

• 1,942 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

I got invited to a playtest XD. But can't make it. =/ so if anyone lives in Vancouver and wants my lottery invite. =p

#24   publicbussystem

publicbussystem

THE GOAT

• 2,547 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

I got invited to a playtest XD. But can't make it. =/ so if anyone lives in Vancouver and wants my lottery invite. =p

@

#25   RyanW

RyanW

• 5,641 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hey @, is it possible in the future when there's more news and hype around Battlefront to have it's own forum section? I've noticed a lot of people on the site were big fans of the original so there's potential for it to be active.