Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

• Please log in to reply
147585 replies to this topic

#147126   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• Premium

• 3,912 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:03 AM

If they could bring back that H3 playlist with the new BR that would be great

#147127   CaptainCowboy

CaptainCowboy

• 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Or they could not have some goofy multi-zone variable aim assist system that makes weapons feel completely different at different ranges and not use said goofy system to create unnecessary niches for redundant weapons in an effort to approximate meaningful variety that their sandbox does not have. Oh, wait. This is an console FPS.

​Buff the magnum. Reduce bullet magnetism universally. Pretend the storm rifle and BPR never happened. Done.

The ability to tweak "feel" is one the most important parts of a console shooter that differentiates it from a PC shooter. It is a legitimate way to create variety in your sandbox, although yes obviously since Halo 4 they have relied on it too much due to redundancy of mid range rifles.

But Halo is first and foremost a console shooter, and different aim assist values at different ranges is an important part of balance in any console shooter. And Halo has historically (and even to this day) done a better job of it than any other shooter.

#147128   Apoll0

Apoll0

• Premium

• 3,912 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

The ability to tweak "feel" is one the most important parts of a console shooter that differentiates it from a PC shooter. It is a legitimate way to create variety in your sandbox, although yes obviously since Halo 4 they have relied on it too much due to redundancy of mid range rifles.

But Halo is first and foremost a console shooter, and different aim assist values at different ranges is an important part of balance in any console shooter. And Halo has historically (and even to this day) done a better job of it than any other shooter.

What other console shooter does this?

#147129   Kell Of Scots

Kell Of Scots

• 419 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

What other console shooter does this?

The only other one I can think of is Destiny which is hardly a good example.

#147130   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,300 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

people relax.  the recoil needs to be adjusted for by aiming a little lower the further out you are shooting.  The gun returns to center after each burst.  Its not like the gunfighter. You don't have to "fight it" to get back to its original position.

good information, thank you. haven't read too much into the details and this is helpful.

I honestly am vibing with the Battle Rifle right now (sandbox still too cluttered) but I want to rank up more to see how it feels. Want some Regret Slayer or Oddball to test it out more.

#147131   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,300 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

@Hard Way the voices you see in that XBL clip are my teammates telling me to stop capping Strongholds. It was an angry Overkill hahaha

#147132   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

"Arena"

• VIP

• 6,301 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

POPULAR

A year-in-review live stream is tomorrow.

https://www.halowayp.../holiday-fixins

343: "Please.....please play our game. God please. Do we need to make more REQ's, what do you want?!"

Community: "We want classic Halo!"

343: "So like Halo 4?"

#147133   Apoll0

Apoll0

• Premium

• 3,912 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:48 PM

The only other one I can think of is Destiny which is hardly a good example.

haha yeah.  I guess examples from other games don't even really matter.  Did H1, 2, Reach or 4 ever do this?  I dont think so. at least not to the extent that H5 does, and the aiming in all of those was good (hence why i excluded Halo 3).  That's my problem with using this strategy, whether or not its "fair" for balance, being too heavy handed will make the aiming just feel like shit.

good information, thank you. haven't read too much into the details and this is helpful.

I honestly am vibing with the Battle Rifle right now (sandbox still too cluttered) but I want to rank up more to see how it feels. Want some Regret Slayer or Oddball to test it out more.

Yeah that was the first thing i checked when people were complaining about the recoil.  As long as i dont have to actively fight it to get my reticle re-centered, it can be fine.  This is my favorite iteration of the BR that Halo 5 has had so far.  This is all from BTB games though, i would like to play some 4v4 with it as a starting weapon just to get some reps.  The magnum is still far superior as a starting weapon though.

"Fighting" patterned recoil on PC can be fun since mouse input has nuance to it, but with a controller its just ass.

#147134   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,300 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:47 AM

I just have this looming sense that Halo 6 will be Battle Rifle starts.

Would love to see a hybrid BR/Magnum (4sk w/ BR RoF, Single Shot) Rifle or Magnum skin, I'd love to see Halo 5's Magnum live on but I fear the worst.

#147135   ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

• 854 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:17 AM

Would love to see a hybrid BR/Magnum (4sk w/ BR RoF, Single Shot) Rifle or Magnum skin, I'd love to see Halo 5's Magnum live on but I fear the worst.

Take the Magnums stats.

Apply to DMR.
Starting weapon that has placebo effect of being stronger because it looks like a big scary rifle.

#147136   bunniesz23

bunniesz23

Hold Forward And Don't Miss

• 905 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

For H6 I'd be ok if we had BR/Magnum starts for the most part. As long as the BR isn't too much easier/stronger than the Magnum and the kill times of each match up well with its ease of use.

#147137   xSociety

xSociety

• 3,256 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

A BR start in Halo 6 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Just make it projectile, little to no bullet magnetism, low reticle magnetism, and a healthy red reticle range so gun fights aren't zoom battles at medium range. Oh, and make the 3 round burst happen quickly, kinda like the AN-94 but with 3 rounds, not 2.

#147138   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,200 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

A single shot rifle with a br skin is what we need. So many people think h5 is whack on the fact its pistol starts below. They need to be tricked into thinking it's br starts. Not kidding sadly. 

The br/dmr/pistol can all just be cosmetic in theory. The only advantage to the pistol is that we would have less obstruction in our fov. clip size, accuracy (which needs to go back to h2 post patch, aka no spread/bloom), beatdown range/damage, etc are all just numbers on modifiers. You could make the 3 bullet shot on a br happen on the same frame and just make it look like it's firing 3 bullets :p

#147139   Nades

Nades

• 1,530 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Not gonna lie I think the H5 pistol is the most enjoyable weapon to use out of any in Reach, 4 and 5.

#147140   SNIPER ACTIV3

SNIPER ACTIV3

• 430 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

A single shot rifle with a br skin is what we need. So many people think h5 is whack on the fact its pistol starts below. They need to be tricked into thinking it's br starts. Not kidding sadly.

The br/dmr/pistol can all just be cosmetic in theory. The only advantage to the pistol is that we would have less obstruction in our fov. clip size, accuracy (which needs to go back to h2 post patch, aka no spread/bloom), beatdown range/damage, etc are all just numbers on modifiers. You could make the 3 bullet shot on a br happen on the same frame and just make it look like it's firing 3 bullets :p

I've had that exact idea for a very long time as for what the utility weapon for Halo should be. 4 shot kill, projectile bullets, 2X zoom, 12 bullets in the mag but let us choose what we want for the aesthetic of the gun, I.E Magnum, DMR, BR (hell could even throw in Carbine and Light Rifle in theory) but have them all function identically, just give the illusion that the BR is a burst gun through animations and sound. Could even throw in a cool unlock system for different looking scopes, barrels, skins etc for your gun, all aesthetic only ofc.

#147141   Sikozye

Sikozye

Gaming Legend

• 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

343: "Please.....please play our game. God please. Do we need to make more REQ's, what do you want?!"

Community: "We want classic Halo!"

343: "So like Halo 4?"

LOL pretty much. 343 is so out of touch with the community it's sickening. If Halo 6 comes with armor abilities like Halo 4 and 5 have (and it will; they have to entice the CoD kiddies somehow), it's probably going to beat Halo 5 as the lowest selling game in the franchise. Sad!

#147142   Cylical

Cylical

• 59 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

I feel like they are going to try and compromise and make some sort of DMR thats a 4sk tbh.

#147143   Agony Q

Agony Q

• 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:51 AM

The only good thing that 343 could do for Halo 6 is pay someone else to do it.

Just like they have done for the 2018 HWC with MLG (Which is the only good thing they've done since NSNB Reach)

#147144   Botheredhat360

Botheredhat360

• 889 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

POPULAR

u guys seen this???

With him leaving with that hashtag... Could that possibly mean he's not happy with the direction 343 are taking halo in the future?

I mean, it seems like it.

#147145   Mhunterjr

Mhunterjr

• 3,159 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:55 AM

https://twitter.com/...925770837897216

u guys seen this???

With him leaving with that hashtag... Could that possibly mean he's not happy with the direction 343 are taking halo in the future?

I mean, it seems like it.

It could mean that. Or it could mean that he just likes classic halo.

I’m gonna assume he’s not happy with the direction, though. Nothing I’ve seen from 343 indicates that they’ll ever even consider the notion that their “research” within their shrinking echo chamber runs counter to what the market actually wants from a Halo game.

#147146   OG Nick

OG Nick

Aspiring Game Designer

• 1,381 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

If Halo 6 isn't a classic Halo game I would be shocked if it sold better than Halo 5.

#147147   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

"Arena"

• VIP

• 6,301 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

LOL pretty much. 343 is so out of touch with the community it's sickening. If Halo 6 comes with armor abilities like Halo 4 and 5 have (and it will; they have to entice the CoD kiddies somehow), it's probably going to beat Halo 5 as the lowest selling game in the franchise. Sad!

They're not Armor Abilities in Halo 5, they're Spartan Abilities! Get it right! It's like armor abilities except everyone has them all the time. That makes the abilities good.

#147148   Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt

• 1,332 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:38 AM

If Halo 6 doesn't go back to classic gameplay, then I am predicting that it sells less than 1 million. The trajectory is there. Look at the drop off in sales from Halo 4 to Halo 5. Both massively unpopular games and then you have broken MCC as well. Halo 3 was the last popular Halo game and that was over 10 years ago. 

#147149   xSociety

xSociety

• 3,256 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

I have my doubts that it was his decision to leave 343, what other job could he possibly get that would be better?

We all know 343 is a revolving door anyway, they must not have seen any real benefit from someone telling them their new game sucks. If Halo 6 isn't classic Halo I am officially done with the franchise forever.

#147150   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,200 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

They're not Armor Abilities in Halo 5, they're Spartan Abilities! Get it right! It's like armor abilities except everyone has them all the time. That makes the abilities good.

I've even had numerous people on this forum correct me that they aren't armor abilities