Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

• Please log in to reply
146178 replies to this topic

#146176   QuietMan

QuietMan

0118 999 88199 9119 725 3

• 2,615 posts

Posted Today, 10:12 AM

I think Frosty hit two headshots in a row against Liquid when the player was sliding and he aimed entirely above their head. Like, no part of his reticle was touching any part of his body. Dude's hitbox just extended vertically above his body for some reason. It's so hard to get excited about it when it looks like a ridiculous miss.

Maybe the new LAN feature will help with some of that, but I doubt it.

#146177   S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME

• 1,246 posts

Posted Today, 04:15 PM

These are the draw and fire speeds for standard weapons from the last four Halo games.

When you look at 3 and Reach, their draw and fire are almost identical. When you compare them to Halo 4, you can see that 4 is slower. And if you compare them all to Halo 5's, the latter's time to draw and fire is almost halved.

In Halo 3 and Reach, this draw speed & fire is uniform to nearly every single weapon. In 4 and 5's case, there are exceptions; most notably, the Magnum.

In 4 and 5, the draw and fire is halved compared to standard weapons.

To really drive it home, look at how fast you can potentially noob combo someone in each Halo.

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../38119804 (Halo5, noob combo is even faster w/Magnum)

You can clearly tell from this selection Halo 5 has the quickest animations when it comes to drawing and firing. The only other Halo game that has even faster draw and fire is Halo 2, including the "YY" button glitches.

Something to think about.

#146178   Boyo

Boyo

• 823 posts

Posted Today, 04:22 PM

@S0UL FLAME

If you include aiming down sights into the draw and fire time, how does Halo 5 compare to other Halos?

#146179   S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME

• 1,246 posts

Posted Today, 04:26 PM

@Soul flame

If you include aiming down sights into the draw and fire time, how does Halo 5 compare to other Halos?

A while back, someone had actually counted the amount of frames it took for zoom to happen in every Halo. If I recall, the fastest was Halo 2, second was Halo 5, followed by Halo 3, Reach, and 4. If someone can find that link and see if I was mistaken, feel free.