Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

• Please log in to reply
149296 replies to this topic

#46226   Mr Grim

Mr Grim

a nugget of blubber

• 5,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:31 PM

It goes right back to what Nomini said earlier in the thread, they are setting Osiris up for a moronic deus ex machina later in the game. This trailer suggests they are unstoppable, and playing it off as "this is just a pump-up trailer" is a cop-out.

What in the world was destructible by running into it in warzone?

Then I reserve my right to yawn at this trailer.

eh, I think it just shows how well they move and take advantage of what's around them, not necessarily that they can't be beat, hell, all 4 got fucked up by the gate keeper guy, the skills showcased in the cutscene didn't really help them there, all that momentum and precision did jack shit against an enemy they were unfamiliar with.

#46227   ZipCity117

ZipCity117

Thumbless

• 4,766 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

IT'S OSIRIS, NOT OSIRUS. Cmon, get it right people.

#46228   ZerueLX11

ZerueLX11

PC Master Race

• Premium

• 2,257 posts

So yeah, that Forge, Filesharing, and Theater look pretty awesome, new, and improved upon that last iterations...

#46229   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,858 posts

I don't want you to be right. I AM giving them the benefit of the doubt, sure, but I trust they know how to make Chief feel like classic, dark themed Halo and Osirus feel like new, epic halo. I want my classic theme and dark tones when I play as chief with the occasional epic ass scene/battle here and there and my "revelatory" Chief is a good guy let's stop hunting him down moment from Locke. Or w/e. Blue Team is seasoned, refined, calculated and bad-ass. They KNOW IT. I want that. I also want Lockes team to know what they're up against and at the same time kick some ass (because it would be cool considering we play as both). I worded this badly, hopefully you know what I mean, if not I'll explain some more.

The only destructible environment they smashed through was a rock, which is what they smash through in the campaign footage we saw in the ViDoc. As far as everything else crumbling, that happens all the time around the player in cutscenes or not. 

The point I'm making is that everything that is being suggested or implied by this trailer is going to leave people disappointed in one form or another, and that if they have much more substantial gameplay/plot themes waiting for us, then they should've showcased that - because then I might've gotten excited.

#46230   Mr Grim

Mr Grim

a nugget of blubber

• 5,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

The point I'm making is that everything that is being suggested or implied by this trailer is going to leave people disappointed in one form or another, and that if they have much more substantial gameplay/plot themes waiting for us, then they should've showcased that - because then I might've gotten excited.

well remember those live action trailers? A conflict was definitely alluded to, then there was hunt the truth, so I think 343 is holding the great majority of cards, which would make sense because h4s story was leaked through the vidocs.

#46231   Banamy

Banamy

• 963 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

Brian reed isn't the lead writer, so it'll probably be fine.

Whos the lead?

#46232   Banamy

Banamy

• 963 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

3rd interesting, so it seems like the day can vary each month probably due to many different factors.

Out of curiosity is this a trend you've noticed with IGN First game reveals or is this confirmed somewhere? The guy I quoted above said last month's game was revealed on the third. Thanks!

Ign has a podcast i listen to and ryan is in charge of it and ign first. He usually talks about what the ign first is at the end of the month. He said tuesday next week because of labor day.

#46233   Mr Grim

Mr Grim

a nugget of blubber

• 5,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

Whos the lead?

watch a hero reborn, I forget his name but he shows up very early on, Brian reed is the narrative lead, so he's in charge of the general direction in which the story moves, but he doesn't control how it goes in that direction.

#46234   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,858 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

well remember those live action trailers? A conflict was definitely alluded to, then there was hunt the truth, so I think 343 is holding the great majority of cards, which would make sense because h4s story was leaked through the vidocs.

I'm more that confident that a guns-and-headbutts conflict will happen. That's not what I want to see, though, or at least not ONLY what I want to see.

#46235   Banamy

Banamy

• 963 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

watch a hero reborn, I forget his name but he shows up very early on, Brian reed is the narrative lead, so he's in charge of the general direction in which the story moves, but he doesn't control how it goes in that direction.

Oh thank god

#46236   VinFTW

VinFTW
  • Premium

• 6,481 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

I can understand where you're coming from. I'd hope they're keeping it under wraps for a good reason. I want to be surprised by it when I see it. I'm already kinda bummed I saw the opening cinematic (parts of it) since that's my favorite part of most media. I think this is just pre-release hype footage to get people going, not a video released to be indicative of the games overall/only themes. 

#46237   Banamy

Banamy

• 963 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

We all know they will have a little fight then a common enemy will pop up and boom 8 man spartan team

#46238   Mr Grim

Mr Grim

a nugget of blubber

• 5,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

We all know they will have a little fight then a common enemy will pop up and boom 8 man spartan team

as long as buck survives.

#46239   edymont

edymont

• 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

#46240   pOpCoRnInTulsa

pOpCoRnInTulsa

• 223 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

We've gone from "I bet you can't stick it.", to this. Sad. 

Still get chills from most Halo 2 and 3 trailers, this just had me laughing. 

Wow you nailed it! For me it has too much of a movie trailer feel and even the music is too over the top. I'm not exactly sure how to put it into words, but it just doesn't feel like Halo. It's missing Chief. It's missing the "I need a weapon" moments. I don't really want to play as another character. I want to be Chief. I want the that Halo feel. Again, I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen so far. Hopefully we're about to start seeing more and maybe something that will turn me on to this franchise again. I miss Halo and honestly want a reason to buy Halo 5. 

#46241   Banamy

Banamy

• 963 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

as long as buck survives.

I think each team will lose 1-2 members.

#46242   Mr Grim

Mr Grim

a nugget of blubber

• 5,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

Wow you nailed it! For me it has too much of a movie trailer feel and even the music is too over the top. I'm not exactly sure how to put it into words, but it just doesn't feel like Halo. It's missing Chief. It's missing the "I need a weapon" moments. I don't really want to play as another character. I want to be Chief. I want the that Halo feel. Again, I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen so far. Hopefully we're about to start seeing more and maybe something that will turn me on to this franchise again. I miss Halo and honestly want a reason to buy Halo 5.

definitely felt like something straight out of halo legends. If your basis of what halo is, is purely in the games, then it's understandable that this seems off, if it's the opposite, and your basis lies in the extended universe, then this is definitely in vain of that.

I sort of hang out in the middle, I take both for what they are in relation to halo, and my opinion of the trailer is what it is because of where my base is.

#46243   Shura

Shura

• 889 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

Still No Campaign footage?

I would like to see some Brute Chieftain and Skirmishers in this game as well my favorite Units to fight against in reach 

#46244   SRichardson09

SRichardson09

• 274 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

Ign has a podcast i listen to and ryan is in charge of it and ign first. He usually talks about what the ign first is at the end of the month. He said tuesday next week because of labor day.

Nice thanks man

#46245   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

parkour parkour yo

#46246   The InSan3 One

The InSan3 One

• 945 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

The opening along with this, Team Osiris really are straight up superheroes. 

#46247   DoxGhost

DoxGhost

• 238 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:28 PM

The amount of people complaining about people complaining about the new trailer is too damn high.

#46248   publicbussystem

publicbussystem

THE GOAT

• 2,550 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:29 PM

The opening along with this, Team Osiris really are straight up superheroes. 

This video again... Better make some popcorn while I watch the following discussion.

#46249   SuperORANGE

SuperORANGE

boamx is my cousin

• 1,061 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

Still crossing my fingers that there isnt a map with the callout "Orange [tower/top orange/bottomorange/orange nades] " because then ill need a new gamertag :/

#46250   Banamy

Banamy

• 963 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

Still crossing my fingers that there isnt a map with the callout "Orange [tower/top orange/bottomorange/orange nades] " because then ill need a new gamertag :/

Hi tangerine