Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Destiny Discussion

• Please log in to reply
3721 replies to this topic

#3701   FLuFFy

FLuFFy

• 5,375 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

I actually think Destiny 2 PvP was enjoyable. Am I the only one?

#3702   TheSavery5

TheSavery5

• 2,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

I actually think Destiny 2 PvP was enjoyable. Am I the only one?

Nope I rather enjoyed it. Moreso than I did Destiny 1s. A lot of the more annoying issues can easily be fixed with some slight tweaking. But this build we played was supposedly months behind where the game currently is.
I find it hilarious though that people are having gut reactions to easily fixable issues on a beta and claiming the game will be terrible before it's launch. Come on, at least wait until release to claim it sucks.

#3703   RC_5213

RC_5213

• 350 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Nope I rather enjoyed it. Moreso than I did Destiny 1s. A lot of the more annoying issues can easily be fixed with some slight tweaking. But this build we played was supposedly months behind where the game currently is.
I find it hilarious though that people are having gut reactions to easily fixable issues on a beta and claiming the game will be terrible before it's launch. Come on, at least wait until release to claim it sucks.

The new weapon system is permanent. Thus, D2 will always be worse than D1.

#3704   TheSavery5

TheSavery5

• 2,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

The new weapon system is permanent. Thus, D2 will always be worse than D1.

The new weapon system in my opinion is better. Originally in Destiny 1, especially in PvP, spawning with snipers and shotguns made the game far too easy, especially when you add in the fact that you also had a a power weapon as well. With this new system you are able to have two primary weapons, which means you can have an Assault Rifle and a Scout Rifle. Or even a Pulse/Handcannon, add in the fact that the Snipers and Shotguns and Fusion Rifles are not in the power slot then there is a very likely chance that your guns will have their damage increased exponentially. In context imagine you have a boss that you can snipe easily (Such as the devil walker on the Sepics mission) it would take a shorter amount of time to actually kill him. Bungie has also confirmed that they are increasing the amount of heavy ammo dropped, and that some enemies will ALWAYS drop heavy ammo.

#3705   SMARTAN 427

SMARTAN 427

• 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

I haven't even played the Beta and I am honestly glad that I didn't waste my time.

Destiny 2 is just another massive blanket nerf to the entire game that was D1. Primary weapons, which were already considered still too weak in D1 PvP with a minimum killtime of around .8s for the best weapons, has been slowed to an absolutely abysmal 1.2s on average. Hand cannons now take 4 shots? WTF 3 shots was perfect in D1. And this applies to every single weapon that isn't a 1-hit kill.

Speaking of Power Weapons, I do think that the new weapon system is more streamlined and clever for fixing PvP Special weapon issues while also giving everyone an elemental primary for PvE, but none of this matters much if the Primary weapons all kill way too slowly. Power weapons look literally unstoppable now once you get them in PvP, since a Primary will never kill you in time.

Then, Abilities are now significantly nerfed in power (Shoulder Charge and Stickies that don't 1-hit? 3-hit melees and still no backsmack? LMAO what is the point?), and on top of all of that they now take like a whole minute to recharge? With them being so weak and rare to have up, you may as well not have them, so much for class differentiation.

Speaking of which, not getting your super until the end of the match sounds like garbage. So much for trying to use it to influence the outcome at all, and on top of that, all of the supers seem to be streamlined to be more generic and lack utility. I could understand the removal of Warlock Self-Rez(it broke endgame PvE content too much), but no extra subclass-specific team utility to replace that? Oh wait, all Warlock subclasses now get a rift. See, I like the rift, the Titan wall, and the Hunter Dodge being universal to all subclasses, but what else differentiates between those subclasses? They all are designed to just... kill stuff. In very similar ways. Nothing extra. They even took away the invisibility utility from the reskinned Bladedancer.

PvP being 4v4 is an extremely terrible decision, further emphasizing teamshot and butt-hugging teammates, because individuals are not ever allowed to be empowered or else Bungie would lose it. 3v3 was perfect for Destiny, individuals could still be empowered, and keeping track of your teammates was easier and more natural, with a guy on your left and a guy on your right. Now you have some random 4th guy somewhere else to try and not forget about. Plus 3-man fireteams synergized perfectly with the amount of classes there is to choose from. Just enough room for 1 Titan, 1 Hunter, and 1 Warlock. Now which one gets to be the awkward duplicate?

And they obviously have not learned much of anything for PvE. Still just generic adds, bullet sponge bosses that are somehow worse than the more reasonably fun revamped mechanic bosses from D1, and so far, it looks like you have even less playstyle variety as far as loadouts go. With the streamlined weapon system, and the abilities and supers being more generic with less utility to them, it just looks bland. This is not even considering the weak damage output players have and scarcity of ammo, that will supposedly be fixed by launch.

And the 'story' sounds dumb just from the first mission. Destiny storytelling has always been lame, but I thought the intro mission to The Taken King was a lot more interesting and threatening with the reveal of the Taken and the incoming Oryx, who sounded much more threatening a better villian than some random Cabal Darth Vader wannabe, yet these dumb cabal actually get to wreck the Last City with all too much unbelievable ease. Oryx didn't even make it past Saturn despite spreading the Taken all over the solar system. Nope this cabal guy just waltzes his way in like D1 didn't matter.

But honestly I could get past the dumb story, however the gameplay of D2 looks exponentially slower and bland to a point of, why waste my time? I absolutely detest being forced to ONLY be powerful as a 'team player'. It is part of why competitive Halo hasn't ever really interested me since H2. Unless there are some severe buffs to everything across the board in ALL activities (which is extremely unlikely knowing Bungie's track record of each new Halo game always being a significantly nerfed version of the last game, they have never learned), it is not happening. D1 might have been about who could spam the most BS the best, but at least you usually felt powerful. I am not wasting my time with this game. Period.

#3706   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,080 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

Then, Abilities are now significantly nerfed in power (Shoulder Charge and Stickies that don't 1-hit? 3-hit melees and still no backsmack? LMAO what is the point?), and on top of all of that they now take like a whole minute to recharge? With them being so weak and rare to have up, you may as well not have them, so much for class differentiation.

Honestly glad shoulder charge is nerfed. What a stupid ability. Heres a mini shield while you are sprinting, then were going to give a 1 hit kill, with a class that is already insanely fast because of how you can combo abilities while running. Also every melee battle I got into it was only 2 hit with the Hunter, though I did hear people playing Titans say it was 3 hit melees.

I agree with everything else though.

#3707   TheSavery5

TheSavery5

• 2,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Remember people. Bungie has said that they are fixing kill times, and everything else. In the current build of Destiny 2 that second turbine on the first mission is also gone. Like they said the current build is MONTHS behind.

#3708   Kreutz

Kreutz

Bold Ruler

• Premium

• 851 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

Remember people. Bungie has said that they are fixing kill times, and everything else. In the current build of Destiny 2 that second turbine on the first mission is also gone. Like they said the current build is MONTHS behind.

I hope some more powerful and better performing primaries surface once the game settles in. Seemed like a lot of the weapons kicked like mules, especially that handcannon Better Devils. It's recoil direction was all over the place as well. That's not something a handcannon did in Destiny 1. Take Eyasluna. It had a predictable upwards to the right kick that people mastered for a reliable three-tap. Better Devils could go from up to the left, then up to the right one bullet after the other. Plus, it's been noticed that handcannons in the Destiny 2 beta had considerable bloom. There have been a bunch of threads on Reddit lambasting it, so there's slight hope bloom gets tossed out the window. 

I'm still cautiously optimistic for the game. If they satisfy the competitive camp of players with some kind of ranking system, it would be huge. I'd play the shit out of the Crucible. 

#3709   TheSavery5

TheSavery5

• 2,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

I hope some more powerful and better performing primaries surface once the game settles in. Seemed like a lot of the weapons kicked like mules, especially that handcannon Better Devils. It's recoil direction was all over the place as well. That's not something a handcannon did in Destiny 1. Take Eyasluna. It had a predictable upwards to the right kick that people mastered for a reliable three-tap. Better Devils could go from up to the left, then up to the right one bullet after the other. Plus, it's been noticed that handcannons in the Destiny 2 beta had considerable bloom. There have been a bunch of threads on Reddit lambasting it, so there's slight hope bloom gets tossed out the window.

I'm still cautiously optimistic for the game. If they satisfy the competitive camp of players with some kind of ranking system, it would be huge. I'd play the shit out of the Crucible.

If Destiny 1 has shown me anything it's that Bungie CONSTANTLY changes weapon damage and other items. The Destiny 1 at launch is completely different with weapons than the final Destiny we know.

#3710   FLuFFy

FLuFFy

• 5,375 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

If Destiny 1 has shown me anything it's that Bungie CONSTANTLY changes weapon damage and other items. The Destiny 1 at launch is completely different with weapons than the final Destiny we know.

I hate Year 3 meta so much LOL

#3711   TheSavery5

TheSavery5

• 2,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:36 PM

Honestly year 1 meta excluding the Vex Mythoclast was the best.

#3712   FLuFFy

FLuFFy

• 5,375 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

Nice man. My last achievement is flawless raider. Don't see that one happening soon! 

Did you still need flawless?

#3713   Kreutz

Kreutz

Bold Ruler

• Premium

• 851 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

Did you still need flawless?

I do, but I don't play much Destiny these days so it's fine if I never get it. 

#3714   ripharambe

ripharambe

• 367 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

If you buy Destiny for the PvP you probably won't like any MMO, the PvP are usually not the best. Also https://youtu.be/cs0J2vtHQXI

Warframe and gunz are the exception to that rule imo.

#3715   TheSavery5

TheSavery5

• 2,800 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

Warframe and gunz are the exception to that rule imo.

Exceptions arent the norm though.

#3716   FLuFFy

FLuFFy

• 5,375 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

Finally finished Doubles wins in Destiny!

Ended with a 74% winrate, and 1600 ELO

#3717   RC_5213

RC_5213

• 350 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

Post TTK Destiny MP was such garbage. It made me miss Thorn fights.

Honestly year 1 meta excluding the Vex Mythoclast was the best.

The sweet spot was right after TDB, in my opinion. It was before everyone realized Thorn was the god pistol and assault rifles were still usable.

#3718   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,039 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

cool thing

#3719   S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME

• 1,218 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

cool thing

How is dumbing down the PvE Combat a cool thing

#3720   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,039 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

How is dumbing down the PvE Combat a cool thing

Oh it was a cool video - whatever.

#3721   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,467 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

I think my entire dislike of the beta boiled down to the weapon recoil. I didn't have that many weapons or anything but it just seemed everywhere and combined with the low FoV it just didn't have a good feel to it imo. I'll give it another try on PC though since I have enough WoW gold that basically anything on their shop might as well be free and they're including a FoV slider and obviously higher framerates etc. As far as console goes this is a definite do not buy for me. 30FPS and a low FoV is something I would have laughed at consoles for a decade ago and lived with but in 2017 this feels like a time machine. The gunplay itself feeling bad is a pretty huge negative on its own but I feel like I need to play with the high end weapons in the final version to really make that call.

#3722   Kreutz

Kreutz

Bold Ruler

• Premium

• 851 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Sniping vid I made.